in-depth_SMOKE_REPORTS!_(add_yours!_ must_have_smoked_strain_min._50x!!)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010.

1. nice review, Canadian RooR!
    sounds goood!

2. Thanks Troy... one of my favourite strains :) Have to had it

3. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Arjan's Strawberry Haze
    BREEDER: Greenhouse Seeds Co.

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:

Excellent all round high, helps creativity and is social.
    Awards: Not yet introduced in competitions.
    Genetics: Swiss sativa, NL5 Haze Mist.
    Effect: Very mild body effect, strong cerebral high. Very creative and social. Voted best strain at the Green House V.I.S. Smoking Panel 2005.
    Flowering indoor: Most growers harvest after 10 weeks. A week longer will allow maximum flavor. Yield 500 to 600 gr/sqm.
    Flowering outdoor: Ready around end of October in the Northern hemisphere; around end of May in the Southern. Yield up to 800 gr/plant.
    THC: 20.4%
    CBD: 1.2%
    CBN: 0.9%

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    mbhcuzzz

SMOKER TYPE: Daily smoker for a little over a year

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Clear sativas for daytime, stony indica for bed.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Mostly vaporizer (off brand whip vape), along with pretty much everything else out there (used big bongs, little bongs, pipes, one hitters, joints, bubblers, and brownies all for sure that i remember) at one time or another.

FAMILIARITY: Smoked/vaped around 1.5 ounces so far, got another ounce+ left

REVIEW

BUZZ: You can feel it pretty quick behind your eyes, envelops the rest of your head in a very light, active feeling.

HIGH: Very thoughtful and energetic, although i do get a bit forgetful sometimes. Fantastic for social events or daytime activities (I use it every time i go waterskiing, booyah). Doesn't put you to sleep at all, if anything it wakes you up, perfect for wake and bake. Seems like kind of a silly high to me compared to most stuff i've smoked (although this is my first haze). Lots of joking around after this stuff hits the bong

TASTE: Tastes very fruity, not much more to it than that as far as i can tell (i have pretty bad sinuses, so my smell/taste isn't always the most sensitive). Among, if not the best tasting weed i've ever had (we get some pretty quality stuff around here, probably a step down from medical). Gets a+ ratings from everyone around these parts in taste department.

POTENCY: Very potent, everyone i smoke it with gets blown out pretty quick, but i've gotten really used to the high since i've smoked it so much lately. I don't have a ton of medical grade stuff lyin around to compare to, but this stuff is definitely above what i normally get, and on par with medical i've gotten in the past.

SUMMARY:

Amazing strain with a bright, fruity flavor, and a super clear active high, what's not to love?

**note- I grew this myself in a closet, using CFLs and FF soil/nutes. I didn't do too great with it being my first grow, and had some airflow problems, as well as probably not enough lights. These problems resulted in some still potent, but pretty airy buds.

Despite these challenges, the strawberry haze still makes all of my friends' mouths drool whenever i bring it around.

4. nice man ive been waiting for something like this!:hello: cant wait to see where it goes.great reports :wave:
    im still getting aquanted with my strain hope to post a report soon..

5. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Querkle

BREEDER: TGA Subcool

TGA Subcool Seeds Querkle is an Indica dominant hybrid and has a great taste and out of a 5 plant test run all 4 females turned a nice shade of purple with warm temps throughout. Our goal was to recreate the nice grape flavor but add some speed to the slow Urkle mom. The results are better than we expected and finding 2 keeper moms from the very small test run we did. Results from the field verify mild variation, good yields and fantastic flavor and colors. Best way to grow Querkle is vegged to a large bush or untopped in scrog. .
    Cannabis seeds flower in about 8 weeks. Yield is medium to heavy if extended veg time is given mainly due to bud density. High type is Indica head and grape taste make it total all day headstash.
    Querkle smells of grapes, fruit, berries, musty. Smoke out of a clean bong the flavor is just amazing and IMO better than Mom.
    Querkle has been featured in both Skunk and Hightimes magazine.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: a526003b

SMOKER TYPE: Morning, Afternoon, and Night

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Glass Pipe or Bong

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: My glass pipe and glass water bong

FAMILIARITY: Smoked daily for about 2 months and still do occasionally.

REVIEW

BUZZ: 7/10 : Not too strong but lasting, didn't interfere with daily tasks.

HIGH: 7/10 : Clean and uplifting not very stoney. A great day time smoke!

TASTE: 10/10 : The taste and smell is what makes Querkle worth trying! The buds honestly smell like grape Kool-Aid. When I smoke it my mouth salivates in response its sweetness.

POTENCY: 6/10 : I smoke allot of excellent buds and maybe I'm being harsh but I could smoke a quarter of Querkle and still effectively sit through a 2.5 hour organic chemistry lecture. It's no knock out.

SUMMARY:
    The plants look beautiful, especially if they purple. Lots of thick orange hairs, hints of purple, and loads of crystals make Querkle an all around beautiful looking plant, and compliment the plants incredible scent and taste. This is totally a daytime smoke, I was able to conduct productive days and attend all my classes without any hesitation or interference. For that reason I smoked a ton of this stuff through the 2 months it lasted me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. great review, a526003b!

your description makes *my* mouth salivate!
    :D

oh, btw when i wrote "smoker's preference in the template i meant indica/sativa not smoking methods - i should have been more clear ;)
    i only nitpick, coz i think it is an important fact to know about a smoker, which colors the review somewhat depending on the reader ;)

damn, this black domina is making me ramble...

7. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Blue Cheese (Cheese x Blueberry)
    BREEDER: Harborside Health Center (where i got the clone) not sure where they got it, if i come across the info i will post it.

The famous Skunk #1 “Cheese” pheno bred through the original Blueberry line. Easy to grow. Yields maximum with a pronounced skunky-cheese aroma and taste. This plant grows short and stocky with strong side branches of resin filled buds. The effect is powerful, stony and comforting.
    typeIndica GENETICSBig Buddha Cheese X Blueberry yieldOptimum indoor. 500 gr/m2 HEIGHT55 - 65 cm (indoor) flowering time55 to 65 days (indoor) Harvest timeEnd of September (outdoor) THC20 % CBD1.3 %(courtesy of barney's farm)

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    IMO

SMOKER TYPE: Smoke a couple times a day for the last couple years...

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: whatever suits the mood. i find the mood wants sativa more than anything else, but who can argue with the mood?

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Id say 99.73% of the time i smoke a j, either rolled by me or by brother because no one else i know can roll. sometimes my bro and his gf convince me to hit the vapor-bong (weird shit right?) i never like it though. so joints it is.

FAMILIARITY: smoked half my plant, probably 30 grams or so, not to mention sampled it countless times at the club.

REVIEW

BUZZ: hits pretty fast with a head high, but that lasts no time as all because within minutes the indica side has set in. ive found the bluecheese from the club is generally a little less heavy, somewhat longer lasting but more buzzy. my own blue cheese is harvested a little later i imagine, exhibiting more stoney characteristics. i find it to be quite relaxing, however not really the smoke i desire most of the time. not my favorite stash but it will suffice.

HIGH: not energetic or thoughtful really. id say it ranks up there as being pretty strongly indica in the high side. the only cool thing ive found is that it makes your coordination incredible (ping pong and video games were super fun, and youre super good no matter what). if you smoke too much though youre more likely to take a nap, or find yourself staring at a wall until you realize you cant remember why you were there. definitely knocks you out.

TASTE: the taste really develops as you cure it. early on its a thick pungent smoke, yielding little taste. the later you go the more complex it gets. a lot of sweet undertones, mixed in with a really sharp almost chemical taste you find in many sativas. in reality the smell is so much more promising than the taste ever is, it kinda annoys me.

POTENCY: relatively potent. i say this because ive found its effect to be very medicinal, but at the same time like many indicas it is short lived. you will be practically clear headed an hour and a half after smoking it, and now that im about 30 grams into my own stash of it i need to switch it up so that my tolerance will drop.
    SUMMARY:

overall a pretty enjoyable smoke. super easy to grow, i did it under 400 watts, 5 gallon pots, a simple water feed. the soil was just 3 part : compost, perlite, and peat moss. i usually test strains with this build just to get the best concept of their basic output. still waiting for the final numbers but the pant was vegged for 3 weeks, flowered for 11. looks like close to 70-80 grams. i will say this, the last 2 weeks the plant continued to pack on the weight, i had expected to harvest it in the 9th or 10th week but i figured i would let it do its thing. if i were to grow this again (not sure i will really) i would probably harvest closer to week 9, and see if i can get a more desireable high. in most instances though id rather let the plant decide when its ready to harvest, and if the high doesnt suit it just doesnt suit. this may be one of those cases.

anyhow, i would recommend this to anyone wanting to grow a fruity indica that isnt some form of purple. the smell is incredible, so sweet and spot on blueberrry. truly surprised by that. the dried and cured product smells even better. fruity blue berry on the outside and when you crack it open it smells like straight skunk. really gnarly combo that will make just about everyones nose wrinkle.

8. thanks for the great review, IMO!

9. IMO, that blue cheese sounds wicked. salivating as we speak ;o) nice bro

10. #70 Greenbudz, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: HomeGrown's Cheese
    BREEDER: HomeGrown FantaSeeds

Homegrown Fantaseeds has backcrossed the original Cheese strain 5 times and added an Afghan genotype for extra vigour and yield. Cheese has a short flowering time of just 7-9 weeks. Already at the beginning of flower development, young plants become quite pungent, with a very unique, old school skunk aroma. Some smell control migh be required. Smoking this marijuana is very pleasant, with a unique uplifting effect and an appealing fruity taste.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: GreenBudz, I have plenty of experience with many versions of Cheese. Greenhouse Seed Co, Homegrown's, Big Buddha, HGF being my favorite overall Cheese

SMOKER TYPE: I smoke ALOT, Ounce a week, 7-10 joints per day all Top Shelf Name Brands and Local/ Undergrounds.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Good strong Highs, Either end Soaring types, couch lock muchies.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: .7 gram joints

FAMILIARITY: Ounces and Ounces of Cheese. So said there is no ceiling but if there is I will find it.

REVIEW

BUZZ: Soaring , Touch of haze (the First Release) since afghani tossed in. Borders Paranoid. Smoked a joint on the way to shop at Wal-Mart turned around halfway there. Overwhelming Oh my everyone is looking at me cause i'm stoned High. Squint eyes.

HIGH: Fairly long. Instant Right to the Head then body follows. Always get High as fuck weed.

TASTE: Cheesy, swear I can taste like real Blue Cheese Cheese undertones. VERY stinky Skunky with a almost Fuely, Vicks Vapor keroseney.

POTENCY: Med/High I would estimate around 14-18% THC

SUMMARY:
    Unforgetable weed, Old School stink with a High to match. I HIGHLY suggest growing out and smoking some. Chalk this one up for the WHOF Weed Hall of Fame.

Attached Files:

11. nice review and tasty pics, Greenbudz!

12. #72 greenhousedude, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    so just out of pure curiosity, say i have smoked the same weed from the same person but am clueless to the strain or phenotypes, would a smoke repot be warrented with pics and maybe a name will come of it? or should i post pics elsewhere first to try to get a name then come this a way?

as far as i know its just some typical nugs ie (light green, with all red hairs and visable trics.) beasters is what dude calls it but he dont smoke so i dont take his word for much, and its not expensive. like 250~oz. retail

oh and btw i doubt i could count how many times ive smoked this stuff, but its been the same for about 7 years! his supplier must grow him self or something.

13. hey, isg1315122

you can do a report on this mystery strain, but since no-one else will be able to grow this variety, it will be of very limited interest.

14. Well with that in mind I will do some searching and post a thread elsewhere first to try and identify it .

I have tons of pics cause I'm growing it right now and when I get some good bud shots in a month or so I will post them to try and get the name, then if i do I will do a write up

15. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Purple haze
    BREEDER: happy haze

?

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    ?

SMOKER TYPE:
    Every other day.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:

I LOVE PURPLE HAZE

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED:
    Pipe,joint,bong,Everything lol

FAMILIARITY

about 70 times

REVIEW

BUZZ:
    Very spacey,laughing at random things.
    HIGH:
    Strong after the initial buzz fades you just chill
    TASTE:
    spicy,sweet very weird insane swells coming from bottle

POTENCY: not too strong not too weak

SUMMARY:nice 8/10:smoke:

16. akjhag

17. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME:
    Master Kush
    BREEDER: Nirvana

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    Oregon

SMOKER TYPE: connoisseur

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Anything grown right that tastes great

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Ceramic iron mostly

FAMILIARITY: Very

REVIEW 10

BUZZ: 9

HIGH: 8 Little couchy but nice

TASTE: Incredible Soily goodness. Taste Exactly like Super healthy soil. I can taste the organic matter that makes up the soil. Very Good

POTENCY: 9

SUMMARY: Out of 5 pack of femed seeds, I got 1 fire keeper

18. my last name McClure

19. #79 joe_fresh, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
    ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Deep Purple
    BREEDER: TGA Subcool Seeds

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: TGA Subcool Seeds Deep Purple is a strain that was created to lock down more of the Urkle dominant traits and bring out more of the musty grape taste that Urk is famous for.
    Deep Purple produces a wide range of female plants and not all of them will exhibit colours at all. The ones that do however are highly sought after and several people consider their Purple Grape females among their best Indicas strains. Deep Purple can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors and flowering for cannabis seeds take between 50-60 days. Best way to grow is long veg and remove some shade leaves to allow light under. Not a huge producer or a fast growing plant but it makes up for it in taste and high quality. Deep Purple is calming, relaxing and very fun to smoke.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: joe fresh

SMOKER TYPE: connoisseur

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: flavor...all about the flavor

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: cone joints

REVIEW

BUZZ: 8- good body buz but not too over powering, good evening smoke

HIGH: mosly indica for sure

TASTE:
    somewhat of a grape taste with orange undertones

POTENCY: 8

SUMMARY: good weed. Out of10 reg seeds got 5 fem and found 2 or 3 keepers....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Cataract Kush
    BREEDER: DNA Genetics

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: DNA Genetics Cataract Kush Feminized is the combination of two known winners, LA Confidential and OG Kush. She finishes in 8-9 weeks and has blankets of crystals! The Cataract Kush looks almost grey-black when cured. The flavor is LA dominate with the OG Kush coming through in the exhale. The nugs look OG with LA density. This is the perfect combination of these two strains and the high is VERY strong! The effect is good for pain, eating and sleep disorders. Most describe Catract as a "creeper" high that keeps on building long after you stop smoking!
    This strain has been years in the making and is NOT recomended for the light weight smoker!!
    Above average yields and dense frosty nugs are easily achieved by the novice as well as seasoned growers.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: a526003b

SMOKER TYPE: Morning, Afternoon, and Night

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: I usually reach for the heavy indicas

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: My glass pipe and glass water bong

FAMILIARITY: I have grown the plant and smoked about an ounce.

REVIEW

BUZZ: 9/10 : Starts in the face and over the next 5 minutes builds to a very strong body buzz that spreads throught the rest of the body.

HIGH: 9/10 : Very narcotic and produces mega couch lock

TASTE: 9/10 : Has an unexpected lemon-ey diesel flavor.

POTENCY: 9/10 : This stuff is very potent, I continuously make the mistake of smoking this shit in the morning and it fucks up my whole day... It is 12:30 now and I haven't even started my day yet.

SUMMARY:
    The plants look great! Big fat tops on every branch. Even the very bottom branches produce rows of fat buds! My plants were good to go after eight weeks of flowering. This plant was the highest yeilding and most potent out of any strain I have ever grown. This is the strain to keep!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: