I'm looking for a HIGH quality wax press or ..... Help!

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Smoko3350, Oct 13, 2018.

1. HIGH all

ive just entered the world of Dabbing, concentrates, oils ect
    i know im a bit behind, but living here in Australia its a little harder too get on too these things
    anywayyyyyyyy

I have high quality nugs, now my question
    i want to buy a press similar too the nug smasher, for my own personal use. can anyone recommend anything similar too the nugsmasher or can provide any helpful advice, id HIGHly appreciate. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. WWW.onlinesmoke.com has everything you need. It takes as little as 3 day for items to get to my door. They got the nug smasher to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    Clamshell manual Dulytek 350$[​IMG][​IMG]
    I love it[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wouldn't it be better to use a micron screen to filter out all the plant material?

...Lurking:D

5. Hunter is a ruff and ready guy

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Got tired.of studying! Good enough for my booy Hunter good enough for me Screenshot_20190613-063317_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So last time I ducked from the grow scene rosin wasn't around and BHO was new. I know how to make BHO/wax well but woudlnt mind skipping the solvents. How does rosin compare to BHO in final product? Can you press trim for quality rosin or only flower?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I can highly.. *cough*cough* ...recommend this one. A portable press made by Rosin Tech Products. I think it cost me about $200 us total with shipping and everything, so really low cost. I purchased it about a month or two ago and have used the heck out of it already. Its really high quality press results, I get from it. Not to mention its made to withstand a bomb it seems like, so its gonna last forever. About the size of a shoebox, but weighs a lot more... about 20lbs roughly.

IMG_0020 (3).JPG
    IMG_0024 (2).JPG
    IMG_0021 (3).JPG
    IMG_0022 (5).JPG

Results from a recent press run using some Romulan (trim only)
    IMG_0016 (6).JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. How much trim (weight wise) can you press per batch with that thing? Results look great

• Like Like x 2
  10. Miles better imo.. tastes better than the herb smelled at harvest typically, and is clean. Not to mention you can get high quality pressed rosin from trim alone.

11. I do those little "pre-pucks" first, and depending on if its a nug run or trim run, Ill use micron bags for the trim. Trim, I can squish quite a bit into a small ball (5g+) but nugs I can usually only do a few grams at a time. The pucks have to fit the press, which is about 2"x3" or so, and then they get pressed at least twice each puck. Nugs get pressed 3 or 4 times each puck. Because the handle lifts and closes with a simple pull, and it has a timer on the heat, all I have to do is slide it under.. press it down and hit the button. When the timer goes off, I take it out, put the puck in a new sheet of parchment paper and put it back in for its next press.. rinse & repeat, over and over. It'll take me about 1 minute per individual press, so about 2 - 5 minutes per puck depending. Returns are right around 25-30% roughly, give a little for some batches. So I can get about 1g. of pressed rosin (after a short trip in the fridge to cool down) every puck, or 5 minutes.. Ill sit and do sessions for an hour of pressing, and then take a smoke break while the results cool down, and then scrape it all up in about 10 minutes or less. Ill get anywhere from 12 grams per session, up to about 20g.+

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’ve honestly been looking at rosin tech vs a good ethanol recapture system. I like the idea of rosin more but I’m not sure how I feel about packing trim into bags, how many presses would it take to run say 4 ozs of trim?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rosin does sound safe and easy. Solvents are just so easy, it’s a tough call for me

• Like Like x 1
  14. It would take an hour or so probably... and about 6 presses per ounce roughly. 2 minutes each press. You dont have to pack it into bags, it just makes it clean of any small leaf particles if you do.