Ignorance doth abound!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Apr 8, 2021.

1. This is why all of you should have a copy of my List to forward to friends and relatives! New January 2021 Granny's List

Survey: 58% of Americans Don't Know the Difference Between CBD, THC, and Marijuana
    It matters because ignorance is not bliss when it comes to creating broad market acceptance.

Rich Duprey

For most people following the cannabis space, the differences among cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and marijuana are clear. But the vast majority of Americans are not familiar with the differences, and that ignorance makes the broader acceptance of CBD products in the marketplace more difficult, according to a survey released this month.

Data from Invisibly's Realtime Research survey of 1,087 people shows 58% of respondents didn't know the difference between CBD and THC-containing products such as marijuana.

While it's right to assume that people who don't use CBD or marijuana don't realize there is a difference between the psychoactive compound THC and the non-psychoactive CBD (68% of such people were unaware, the survey showed), what's more surprising is that less than two-thirds of those who had consumed CBD understood there was a difference between the compounds.

That means 36% of those taking CBD didn't know they were ingesting something very different from THC-containing marijuana. It suggests many people may be taking CBD products thinking the effects would be similar to marijuana.

It may also be why many won't try CBD products to begin with. Some 53% of respondents who had not tried CBD say they will not use it for any reason.

Although non-users are in the majority, Invisibly says the survey found people across the board are considering CBD products, though women are the ones who use them more, by over 2 to 1. (snipped because it switches to talking about MJ stocks.)

Education paves the way to legalization! EDUCATE! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. People are dumb. I dont think education will help with legalization when hemp/cbd is already legal. And fuck legalization, deregulation is a much better goal. Keep big business out of weed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'll admit I myself am pretty ignorant on CBD vs THC the only real difference I know between the two of them is that THC gets you high and CBD does not, far as I know CBD just makes you feel really calm and relaxed. Matter of fact the past day I've been drinking my CBD coffee I've been feeling the best I have in a long time, my depression is down and I do not feel as bad, ill tempered or pissy, moody or depressed. If anything I feel leveled off and more neutral.

So unless this is all in my head, which I hope not. I am all in for full research with CBD research and usage.

4. #4 Storm Crow, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    @Peaceful Dusk86 It isn't just in your head! :biggrin: CBD reduces anxiety and other mood disorders.

Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety and Mood Disorders: Molecular Targets and Epigenetic Insights from Preclinical Research. (Italy/ Sweden) (full - 2021) Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety and Mood Disorders: Molecular Targets and Epigenetic Insights from Preclinical Research

So what else can CBD do beside make you calmer? :confused_2: The answer is one heck of a lot! This is a list of just a few of the benefits of CBD.

Even schizophrenics benefit from CBD. “Cannabis ingredient holds promise as antipsychotic medicine” Cannabis ingredient holds promise as antipsychotic medicine where "The study indicated that CBD may be effective in psychosis: patients treated with CBD showed a significant reduction in symptoms, and their treating psychiatrists rated them as having improved overall".

CBD reduces the "Cytokine Storm" that Covid can cause. "Like Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), the most well-studied cannabinoid, CBD decreased lung inflammation in a murine model of acute lung injury potentially through the inhibition of proinflammatory cytokine production by immune cells and suppressing exuberant immune responses. CBD can inhibit the production of proinflammatory cytokines like interleukin (IL)-2, IL-6, IL-1α and β, interferon gamma, inducible protein-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, macrophage inflammatory protein-1α, and tumor necrosis factor-α that have been associated with SARS-CoV2 induced multi-organ pathology and mortality." From “SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation?” SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation? - ScienceDirect

In cases of solid tumor cancers, CBD can prevent the growth of "feeder" blood vessels (angiogenesis) that help tumors grow so dang fast! See "Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms." (PubMed). Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms

CBD "defuses" the ID-1 gene that makes some cancers overly aggressive! “Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells” Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells where “CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.” (ID-1 cancers include some leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, and brain cancers.)

CBD can help your chemo work even better! See "Cannabidiol Overcomes Oxaliplatin Resistance by Enhancing NOS3- and SOD2-Induced Autophagy in Human Colorectal Cancer Cells." Cannabidiol Overcomes Oxaliplatin Resistance by Enhancing NOS3- and SOD2-Induced Autophagy in Human Colorectal Cancer Cells where "To summarize, NOS3 plays an important role in oxaliplatin resistance and CBD overcomes NOS-induced oxaliplatin resistance by inducing autophagy. This enhanced autophagy is triggered by mitochondrial dysfunction through a reduction in SOD2 expression. Additionally, because CBD can attenuate the side effects of oxaliplatin, our findings suggest that CBD has potential as a new therapeutic agent to combine with other modalities and drugs to treat CRC."

And not related to cancer, CBD also combines with some antibiotics to make them able to kill resistant bacteria! See “Cannabidiol Is a Novel Modulator of Bacterial Membrane Vesicles” Cannabidiol Is a Novel Modulator of Bacterial Membrane Vesicles where “When used in combination with selected antibiotics, CBD significantly increased the bactericidal action of several antibiotics in the Gram-negative bacteria.”

CBD may clear up zits! “CBD possesses characteristic of an ideal anti-acne agent, alleviating several factors of this abundant inflammatory disease: (1) it exerts anti-inflammatory effect, (2) suppresses increased sebum production, as well as (3) pathologically accelerated cell proliferation in sebaceous glands.” From “Recent advances in the endocrinology of the sebaceous gland” https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19381980.2017.1361576

CBD helps bones heal faster when broken. “It was shown that CBD enhanced bone volume, trabecular thickness, trabecular number, and reduced trabecular separation in proximal tibiae. It also increased ultimate compressive load, stiffness, and energy to max force of femoral diaphysis. With these results the author concludes that CBD administration reduces the severity of spinal cord injury induced sublesional cancellous bone loss.” From “Cannabidiol Enhances Fracture Healing” Cannabidiol Enhances Fracture Healing | Cannabis Sciences.

Cannabidiol increases the nociceptive threshold in a preclinical model of Parkinson's disease. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028390819303703?via=ihub
    “Altogether, these results indicate that CBD can be a useful drug to prevent the parkinsonism-induced nociceptive threshold reduction.” (Parkinson's makes even a little pain hurt a lot worse. CBD increases the amount of pain needed for you to feel uncomfortable.)

And CBD prevents seizures and this had been known since 1980! "Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients" Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients - PubMed where "4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition."

That's just the start of what CBD can do! :eek2: In the "Phytocannabinoid" section of my List, CBD has a HUGE number of studies- over 70 pages with 12 to 16 studies per page- and that's just for 2015- 2021!

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. No wonder this has been outlawed so much it helps people

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for sharing. Hope this could reach majority of the members here to be fully aware about the differences of the three.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. But, But - Marijuana is not a viable plant species ... Governemtn created that word to describe cannabis plant smoke ( the smoke of cannabis sativa L) ... also, marijuana is a tactical assault word ... There is no Taxonomical data for a marijuana plant, No Phylum ... What plant family is Marijuana ...? All questions that if cannot be answered means we have been lied to and no wonder people are Confused ... Even coming on here the experts still call it Marijuana and make it out to be another type of cannabis plant with different cannabinoids which it is not in any way ... ... it describes the by product Smoke

• Winner Winner x 1