Ice fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Anybody here go ice fishing? Yeah, it requres a certain level of insanity to sit out on a frozen lake staring blankly down through a hole in the ice for hours on end but I'm about to go out in a little bit.

I'm starting to develop a slight twitch from fishing withdraws so even if it means resorting to the ice, I gotta get my fix. Ill just put down a board and start a fire to keep wam by.

2. Bro I love fishing. I have never gone icefishing but I would love too. I love fishing in the ocean, so many damn fish lol.

3. Oh man do I miss ice fishing! I'm in Florida now but I was born and raised right on the shore of Lake Erie in northwestern Ohio, the walleye capital of the world. I've spent thousands of hours ice fishing for walleye and perch. When I was a kid, we had an ancient Ford tractor with a hydraulic post hole digger attachment. I used to drive out on the ice and cut holes for the fishermen, three bucks a piece :D. Back then it was nothing for the ice to be 2 feet thick or more.

4. Well I'm a fishing junkie but starting fall I'm in the field hunting some animal or another till a bit into january. After that it's so cold and frozen I don't really fish or hunt till everything thaws a bit in late march early April.

5. I love ice fishing! I haven't been since I was 6 months pregnant and that was 3 years ago.
    Can you imagine that? A girl with a big pregnant belly sitting on a 5-gallon pail on the middle of a lake? Hell yes, I'm bad ass. Grew up ice-fishing (thanks dad) and I just love fishing all together. I think it's much better in the summer when it's hot so I can take a dip now and then. There's just nothing better than tokin' and fishin'. I think they were made for each other. :)

I hope to go again soon, but because of the amount of snow we've had this year, it can be a bit dangerous and I fell through the ice once when I was a kid.
    (It was in a pond...me and my bro were trying to chip out a gold fish that was frozen in the ice. Yeah, I wasn't a 10-year-old genius, but I survived!!)

6. Of course I ice fish i'm Canadian

7. I went ice phishing today! :D
    But i didnt catch anything :(
    Silly trout

8. Ice fishing is a way of life up here in the northland. I was raised on it, and I love it. Haven't been out yet this year but I intend to get out a few times here soon!

9. Gonna take my two sons on the ice for pike tip uppin today, its been awhile.

10. kindone..... Let us know how you and your boys do. thanks..

11. [​IMG]

let me come on the ice with you..... i'll bring my little friend,,,:cool:

12. i love ice fishing.

13. do you live in an igloo too?

14. Yea BUMP! Got some cold weather coming through in the next two weeks so hopefully I can get out there soon. Bass pro has a two man ice hut going on sale on Boxing Day for $425 (850 original) and I'm torn on whether to drive the hour away to wait in line in the morning but, if I'm not one of the first in line it will be a total waste of time and gas to not get it. But either way I'm pumped for the season to start! Anyone else excited?

15. Couple years ago pulled 98 perch out of Mitchell's Bay in a 3 hour span. One of the best days I've ever had.

16. I'm goin for this guy in the same spot. Imagine the fight he would put up on a little 36" st.croix through the ice?!! He's 37"!!

Attached Files:

17. I love ice fishing.
    I used to go with my step dad. He would roll a few joints and we'd sit out in shanty and smoke and chat and fish. Good days!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. I try to do some every year, and at least once a few buds and myself all get/rent one of those little cabins, where we can chill inside with heat, music, good company, while the wind howls outside.
    Remember one year with the constant howling wind the temperature was about -45C or i think thats -49F.... not sure
    but yeah, it was fucking cold, no shelter either, just thick clothes and full face protection

19. Headin out tomorrow! Hopefully the ice is safe enough for the hour drive ahead. Had some pretty steady cold weather though. Anyone ever fish the kawarthas in Ontario?

20. About an ounce shy of 5 lbs. first fish of 2013!

Attached Files: