I took an Electric Nissan for a test drive

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Vee, May 21, 2019.

1. Getting a 2004 dodge 24 valve engine ,, I THINK its the last year that doge and the other diesel trucks had to meet new EPA laws and then they put all the electrical crap on the engines and ruined them .
    The truck has 65.000 miles on it . I am paying 22.000 $ @ 4 % interest

PS thanks for taking the time to answer the questions in my seed thread ...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice man. Ive never been a dodge guy but my buddies truck really made me jealous. I might have to go to the dark side soon....lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I worked for Cummins engine company . I am a factory trained mechanic .
    No choice but to buy a Cummins ..

4. I have a 2006 GMC sierra 3500 that is usually parked; my G what a gas guzzler. My dad has the same year model with a Cummins; what a difference!
    I heard if I take care of the Vortec 6.0 it will last a long time. It has 150K miles... do you guys think its a good engine?

5. Yea, I think the writing is on the wall. More and more autos are going to go electric or hybrid in the next 5-10 years. The only one I would consider right now is the Tesla, but its still a bit too pricey for me and no charging stations in my area yet. I'm thinking of trading my Mustang in for a Challenger Scat Pack with the 392 engine. Its about the biggest one you can get in a sporty car anymore and may be on of the last V8's you can get. I may go turbo or hybrid after this one, but we'll see. Its still not that bad on mileage compared to past muscle cars and has cylinder deactivation on the highway that helps.

6. My friend just bought Fiat 500e .
    All electric car ,, 2017 lease return with 3500 miles paid 10 k out a electric car sales place in Portland Oregon .
    I rode in the car around town here in Nevada ,
    It kind of felt like riding in a really nice golf cart.
    The car was confrontable , it has about a 80 mile range on the batteries and he bought the car just to drive back and forth from his house about 4 miles out town to town ,
    Only issue it seem other driving like tail gating him even when he is driving the speed limit ,
    It seems like ok car or mini car .
    I am not really a fiat car fan , general consider Fiat as a POS car.
    Hope the car turns out to be a good car for my friend .
    He had to trailer the car back home from Portland .

• Like Like x 1
  7. I agree about the POS car...A buddy 2 years back wanted to buy one and took 'me' along

I like Brits Mini's so thought I see for myself...indeed a small can that felt top heavy on turn and very under powered(500cc..??) this was gas powered, I preferred its older larger brother

These elctric cars aree gonna be great in the city but shit on the open road

just read this Auzzie bit yesterday: How well do electric cars really work in the bush?

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. From what my friend said its not a out of town/city car .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My friend said the car was rated at @ 110 HP I don't know the torque rating .
    When we went for a ride it was all that to zero to 40 MPH when he stuck his foot in it .
    It put back in the seat , I don't think its ready for the drag strip but its just as fast as my V6 gas powered 3.0 Ford Five Hundred from 0 to 40 MPH .

For what the car actually designed for ..45 MPH and below for under 80 miles or less trips.
    Seems ok to me .
    The car will go faster but i guess it really drains the batteries allot faster and you cant go 80 miles on one charge .
    I guess its about two dollars and twenty cents to charge the batteries for low to full charge .
    I don't know if the car is worth it or not ,, wasn't my money and think its more of a toy to him.

Only thing i really didn't like was color ,,, powder blue... yuk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #30 karl47, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    I recently bought myself a Nissan electric car. For a long time I wanted this car myself. First of all, I really like the way it looks, I really like it, the fact that it works on electricity is also a big plus, probably the only minus is the price that was asked for it, I decided that I would buy it in Florida, because it is cheaper there. And I wondered: "how long does it take to ship a car?" In order to deliver my car on time and quickly, I needed a good transport company for transportation, which I found on this site, I was very pleased with how the guys did their job and now I enjoy my dream that came true.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I recently purchased my first Nissan, a 2018 Nissan Altima and I really havent been happy at all with the car. I was much happier with my Ford Explorer and my Subaru Outback Legacy. I dont know what it is about the Nissan, it just has shit performance. I cant wait to sell it BUT it currently has a recall for a faulty hood latch and it hasnt been fixed so no dealership will even buy the car back from me :(

In a nutshell, I will never buy a Nissan again.

12. Not to disagree with you ,, never owed a Nissan , but i was under the impression they were a decent car .
    Before Nissan i believe Datsun owned the company ,
    Datsun cars and pickups were ok , but not really comparable to the US made cars of the 70's .
    I did like the 260 z and 280 z .

Your the only person I have ever heard that didnt like Nissan cars .. not that makes any difference .
    As said i thought Nissan cars were ok cars .

13. I heard the same thing, that is why I purchased the car. My neighbor has the EXACT same car (even the same color) and they dislike it as well. So it may be specific to the Altima. It isn't a bad car, there are just other cars I'd get instead if I had the chance to do over; Subaru Impreza, Chrysler 300, Honda Civic, or Cadiallac XTS.

I plan on upgrading to a Cadiallac XTS as long as 2021 is a success

• Like Like x 1
  14. I hope the best for you finding the right car.
    I have owned half dozen Toyota's really liked everyone of them .
    I have a Ford five hundred AWD 185K on the car .. its been a good car .