I NEED HELP! *heavy metals*

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Nightfall Shadow, Mar 11, 2021.

1. OK, So I have a conundrum I am looking for help on. The farm I work for needs help and I want to help by looking towards different sources that might have an answer for us. I forget the whole story but the company we purchased nutrients for had a new guy or something like that mixing the nutrients and he made some sort of mistake and long story short, the entire greenhouse is now contaminated with heavy metal poisoning resulting in every last plant almost being killed completely overnight. The plants are being grown in coco ( hydroponics) and we need to know of a way to remove Copper, Magnesium, and other heavy metals from the soil and the actual plant itself. I tried google and youtube but all I have seen is 1990's videos and videos in Chinese of people talking about what heavy metals in the soil are but not really a guide on how to get rid of them or flush them out of the plant so the plants can go from yellow and "omg I am dying" orange to back to being a health dark green again.

Any ideas on how to flush these guys out and get the heavy metals they leeched up. They are not dead yet and we are pretty sure we might be able to recover them but we need to get ideas of how to flush them out so they can recover. The PH of the water is just fine, we just need to know if there is something we can do to get that stuff out of our soil. What would be especially useful is if anyone had a more "scientific" guide, a paper or any of the sort that we can read.

2. Idk. Coco is easy to flush with water. First things i would do is clone the field so you maintain your genetics. Sucks ass.

3. Cannabis AKA Hemp is a known accumulator and is used to remediate contaminated soils. Destroy the plants.
    Destroy the soil. Sue for damages.

Hemp Helps Clean the Soil - Find Out How | Soil Remediation with Industrial Hemp

Can Hemp Clean Up the Earth?

Ethical CBD: Understanding Phytoremediation

BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The presences of Copper alone would be a fail under California mandated state testing.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    [​IMG]
    Time to restart Claim the insurance ...
    [​IMG]
    testing is rife and you will get caught passing it on

[​IMG]
    many unskilled operators just go bust..understand these are the roadkill

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm pretty sure you cant remove heavy metals that have already been uptaken by the plants. Sorry for your loss hope you have insurance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Also, this is a common misconception. You cannot flush elements out of the plant. Flushing removes soluble nutrients from the growing media, not the plant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1