I Have Covid - Tell Us Your Experience

Discussion in 'General' started by shortnbushy, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Hi Ladies and Gents, hope you are all well!
    Ever since the start of this pandemic last year I've been through alot of different feelings regarding the virus. I'm relatively young and as far as I know, healthy.
    Back in March I was extremely worried about catching it and everywhere I looked it seemed to be a death sentence. As time went on my attitude, along with alot of other people, changed and I became more complacent I guess.
    Just over a week ago my partner told me one of the managers at work tested positive and so would get a test on new years day. It was negative.
    The next day my partner started feeling feverish and we had a home test kit so we did it and 3 days later.... positive!
    At this point I was feeling completely fine and thought maybe I'm lucky and won't show symptoms. The next day I woke up, usual day felt fine, did my usual routine in the house and just chilled. By early afternoon I started to feel cold... and colder... and colder... until eventually I was sat with 2 blankets wrapped round me shivering. I checked my temperature... 38c, now it was my turn.
    I played some xbox and smoked some grapefruit, a bad idea in hindsight as the sativa properties seemed to play havoc with my thinking and how I felt. My partner made a good hearty dinner and with no appetite I forced it down myself, followed by a paracetamol and finally a joint of vanilla kush, my go-to bed time smoke.
    This actually helped so much, I felt at least 50% better after this and watched some TV. My energy levels were non existent and the fever was still rampaging through my body, I was melting hot but inside I felt like a block of ice... i was worried about what might be to come. Around 3am, I dragged myself to bed.
    What followed was a night of Delerious fever dreams and waking every couple hours to make sure I was doing ok, I was very confused.
    The next morning I woke and checked my temp again, it was around 37c, positive at least.
    My chest was tight for a small time but so far I haven't noticed anything hugely concerning in terms of breathing. The last 2 days I've been resting and smoking a couple Js of kush per day and that's kept me level. My sense of taste and smell has diminished and it's currently non existent. I have a tension headache behind my eyes and I'm really tired.
    I'm now on day 4 since my initial fever and actually, I don't feel too bad. Here's to hoping it doesn't get worse, I hear and read all of these stories about it coming back, I should probably stop reading.
    Just wanted to share my experience of the illness and hope some others can do the same.
    Take care and be well ✌

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. There's an active thread about covid already dude lol
    Corona virus

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sorry man, I'm not good with all the forum stuff. Thanks for the HU... should i delete this post?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. No need to say sorry bro :laughing: i replied with that 1 incase you hadn't seen it:smoke:, you can't delete a post yourself you'd have to report & say why you want it deleted:confused_2::smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hahaha ok, clearly I need to find the tutorial thread! :smoking-hookah:
    Ah yeah i did have a glance but just seems full of conspiracies etc. I've been looking for some people's experiences of the virus but can't seem to find much!
    Either way 'preciate your feedback bro, everyday is a school day! :smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Dizzy, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    @shortnbushy Sorry You Got That COVID Man Keep Me Posted On How You Doin Please? I Happy You Don Feel To Bad. Best Of Luck an I'ma Be Prayin For You To Get Better All The Way.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Thanks Toni... I will certainly update, thanks for your kind words! :smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Just cause theres a discussion thread on covid doesnt mean bushy shouldn't journal his/her experience with covid on a separate forum.
    I'm super interested in following this. So you should continue the thread

The mods will move it anyways if it's just absolutely necessary I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms shortnbushy coronas a bitch, I caught the corona virus as well my symptoms started a week ago when i came home stoned from my friends house and i made a shawarma and realized halfway through that i couldn't taste anything lol, pretty weird way to start getting sick. Then i got a slight stuffy nose and maybe some heavy breathing but that's about it. It's the quarantining in my little ass room in my little ass apartment that's starting to drive me crazy and it's cold so i cant hang out outside.
    I don't want to smoke cause i thought it might mess with things as sars-covid is a bronchial type disease which can seriously damage your lungs so ive been eating edibles instead to stimulate my non-existent appetite, i used to be a line-cook at a very popular thai restaurant and we were in the process of going for our first Michelin-star too so im a little scared my taste is gone, but hopefully this isn't permanent.
    Also when i eat edibles and i feel like im breathing weird i think im dying and then i remember im just super baked and i calm down and my breathing gets better haha.
    I still feel kinda sick 8 days later but i haven't been really sick so im not sure if im contagious anymore, just gotta ride it out though. been learning a lot about buddhist philosophy and youtube physics videos in my downtime, it's sooo fascinating.

Hope your recovery is quick and your residual symptoms non-existent, and may you dream of large women.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. We have some neighbours on my street just tested positive !!

Before it all just seemed a bit over exaggerated but now it’s really starting to feel serious to me ...fuck that shit I’m staying in

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Even if I tested positive id still think its a bs conspiracy. The sight of face mask makes me gasp for air.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Thanks for taking the time to reply My friend, really interesting!
    I can definitely relate with the getting baked and thinking i can't breathe o_O last night I did exactly that and had to go lie on the bed for a while to calm down :D
    Also the stuffy nose, not blocked or runny, just like I've been sitting in a really Smokey room or something!
    I think I read something like 95% of people recover thier taste and smell completely and normal within 6 weeks however, some people have eneded up getting thier senses back only to find that things smell/taste completely different, coffee smelling like chemicals for example. Fingers crossed yours comes back fine dude, I'm sure you'll be all good.
    Here in the UK our restraunt/bar trade has been brought to it's knees in most areas, I have alot of friends who don't have any work now because of how many places have closed. Hopefully it can recover.
    I'm terms of contagion, we have a rule of 10 days quarantine from when your symptoms start and you can then go out, even if you still have symptoms providing they have improved and you have no fever. Either way I'm giving it 14 days and like you have a pretty small apartment. Guitar, xbox, and my gardening are what keep me going, infact I find it quite refreshing being able to disconnect completely for a while and just not stress and focus on myself.

Here's to a quick recovery and regaining taste and smell :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  13. So midday... day 6!
    My headaches have improved dramatically, my chest isn't great but not painful and no bad cough at the moment. I put it down to my smoking, I know I shouldn't but I never seem to stop smoking no matter what is wrong with me... I should really try harder.
    The anxiety of what could happen overshadows me for some of the day, since it's such an unknown desiese I find it hard to not overthink my breathing and wonder if I'm ok. Since my symptoms have improved this is getting easier to deal with.
    I don't have body aches anymore but I do have fatigue and I'll have some wierd cold sweats intermittently along with some other strange feelings such as dizziness however it's only mildly irritating and not even really uncomfortable.
    On a positive note, during this my 2 plants finished up and dried. I took the buds off the stems and today I feel like I have the energy to start trimming and jarring. I have a purple diesel that didn't go purple, and a sweet zz from royal queen that did go a bit purple so yeah, wierd! From what I can remember they smelled great but I'm not sure anymore! Anyhoo weight before trim is 13.5z so I'm looking at 11z of premium smoke I think, not a bad run in the end. I'll be sampling the diesel today.
    PLEASE NOTE: SINCE IT IS ILLEGAL TO GROW MJ IN THE UK ALL OF MY POSTS REGARDING THE SUBJECT ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOUSES ONLY :RoorRip:
    1st pic diesel
    2nd pic sweet ZZ (sweet zkittlez)

Attached Files:

14. #14 Sammy00, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021
    This coronavirus has caused a lot of trouble. My disease was complicated, I even lay in the hospital for 2 weeks. I was discharged last month, and my life is not the same as it was before the illness. I feel very bad, I find it difficult to breathe, it is difficult for me to move, it is difficult for me even to climb the stairs. I take a lot of pills, but it seems to me that they do not improve my condition much. I left my previous job because I had to work physically there, and I can't do that. And it is difficult to find another job now, because I have little experience. So I'm looking for alternative ways to make money online on various freelance sites.ccc also helped me a lot, I got good money there.

External link deleted ICGreen

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. i caught it last year before they came out with it. it was pretty nasty. i felt like shit. i had to work tho. but i went though a bottle of cold medicine a day and a few tokes had me feeling fine!!!

i built this 100 foot long fence while i was sick

Attached Files:

16. #16 letsmokeasweet, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021
    i still have a hard time catching my breath since i had it. i went back to running a few times a week and that has definitely helped. on days i can’t run, i do a quick bike lap around the neighborhood. just gota work out and hopefully the breathing issues will go away and it seems to be working

17. How do you know you had covid if they hadn't gone public about it :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hmm today's posts;
    I work at a computer at work, my back hurts.
    I work at home.
    Left previous job, need to find another.

Are all your posts sincere or set ups for future spam?

19. @shortnbushy Where You At? I Hope You Ok an Feelin Better?

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. at first i thought it was the flu but not all of the symptoms made sense. when they started talking about it and describing the symptoms of covid, everything pretty much lined up and those symptoms made sense. i was never sick before the way i was during that period. not being a label person i didn’t care. the way i am about things, whatever; if i had it. every one is going to get sick and you just deal with it right. but what really hit the nail on the head was one of my customers i had a couple of weeks before i did that particular job. he had just returned from visiting shanghai in china and didn’t really look to well; i figured it was just a bug you catch when you travel.

• Informative Informative x 1