I got a "bunch" of wax on my glass oven top.. advice removing it ?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jaladhjin, Mar 7, 2020.

1. I don't have a hair dryer..

I'm apprehensive about turning the burners near it on for a few but I'm considering it.. or maybe the oven but I don't think it would heat the stove glass enough..

I went & bought a putty knife to try scraping it up but it's just smearing it.. :-(

Even if I can't reclaim it or it would be significantly easier removing it in a way that would make reclaiming difficult / untrustworthy I need my stove top back..

Any advice friends ? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. get some air in a can duster and turn that bitch upside down and spray it on your spilt concentrate. the compressed air should start freezing that concentrate and then you just scrape it off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. All you need to do is clean it with alcohol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Turn stove on and invite your friends over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'm very inexperienced with wax alcohol will make it simple to wipe off ?

And it's fucked from there or what ?

I believe I saw something about once you head it past.. maybe 150 or 175 F the alcohol evaporates off..

But yeah okay alcohol just sorta moisten it all with that & try to lift it with my putty knife again or wipe it or what ?

6. just use alchohol and wipe it up with a rag it's probably not worth trying to collect. you will most likely end up just scratching the fuck out of your stove top.

• Like Like x 1
  7. get an iron and some paper towels. put a few layers of towel over the wax, turn the iron up to high and "iron" the towels. it will melt the wax and the paper towels will soak it up. this works on any surface including carpets.

8. Borrow a neighbor's hair dryer if you don't own 1 lol

9. It's working but a decent amount isn't coming up.. it will if I keep at it but I'm curious if I just let it sit there longer will it do a better job of letting me wipe it up or does the alcohol do its thing pretty quickly & I'm wasting time for nothing letting it sit on the wax ?

10. Let it sit longer and it should soften the smear. I sometimes use a straight edge to clean my glass top for normal spills like oatmeal or milk, etc. You just gotta get the angle low enough and that helps reduce damaging the top.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't know who else sells "Mean Green" besides Walmart. That stuff is like magic. It's no toxic, basically just soap.
    It takes resin off like it's water. It doesn't smell bad, and it doesn't burn if you get it on a cut on your finger. It's just a degreaser and it's fabulous.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was thinking that lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. new razor blade on flat areas.