I Care a Lot (2020)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Feb 27, 2021.

1. #1 Vee, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

Many Times here on GC you will read about how a member has been ripped off by their carer
    this movie is about that very 'business' an absolutely horrid affair

Take your Mom, Dad even Uncle for a full appreciation, the first half it made
    me really angry then in truth it fizzled out

Poised with sharklike self-assurance, Marla Grayson is a professional, court-appointed guardian for dozens of elderly wards whose assets she seizes and cunningly bilks through dubious but legal means. It's a well-oiled racket that Marla and her business-partner and lover, Fran, use with brutal efficiency on their latest "cherry," Jennifer Peterson - a wealthy retiree with no living heirs or family. But when their mark turns out to have an equally shady secret of her own and connections to a volatile gangster, Marla is forced to level up in a game only predators can play - one that's neither fair, nor square.

Stoner Value = Medium /screenplay (I calmed down and watched it again) ed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hmmm This Looks Like a Creative an Interesting Movie TBH. Ima Have to Check it Out Sometimes. Thanks @vostok :):thumbsup::thankyou:

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fuck a pubic defender

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. a total bitch she plays

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Please Note:

Many of the characters in this film are members of the Russian Mafia, and are different ages
    and intelligence levels. However, none of them have the slightest trace of a foreign accent
    when speaking English
    .from here lolol

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. This movie made me mad as hell too. Great acting

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. ...and still causing a shit storm with social workers ...and lawyers ...lol

I've worked over 30 years as an attorney specializing in elder care, and I've witnessed tragic exploitation of elders by family members and caregivers. But the idea that a complete stranger could fraudulently waltz in and involuntarily commit a competent senior citizen and personally pocket their assets is complete fantasy. If a corrupt judge was in cahoots, it would take a fast second for them to be reported by an attorney or social worker. So, the premise is nonsense. But this movie is a hot mess for many reasons. The actors are skilled, but the elder fraud story gives way to a bizarre Russian mafia plot that is laughable. And who are we supposed to root for among these despicable crooks and con women? Very disappointing. from imdb

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Rosamund Pike: I Care A Lot actress buries awards 'in back garden
    [​IMG]
    Actress Rosamund Pike has revealed that she buries her acting awards in her back garden.

Speaking on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, she said the ritual was probably "deeply psychological" and linked to "some deep-lying imposter syndrome".

Last month, Pike won best comedy actress at the Golden Globes for her performance in I Care A Lot, which sees her play con woman Marla Grayson.
    It added to her Emmy win for best actress in 2019's State of the Union.

She told Ellen she found awards an "uneasy thing to display in your home".
    "How do people interact with them when they come home?" she asked the US chat show host. "I think it's awkward".
    Discussing her recent Golden Globe success, Pike, who had previously been nominated at the ceremony for her turns in 2015's Gone Girl and 2018's A Private War, said her win came as a surprise.

"The odds were not in my favour," said the British actress, who beat performances from Maria Bakalova, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kate Hudson and Anya-Taylor Joy to take home the prize.

'Buried treasure'
    Pike added that she hopes the future owners of her home will discover the statuettes "when I'm dead and gone".

"They'll think they found buried treasure. They'll in fact have found a host of awards... they'll be centuries ahead and probably won't even have them anymore... they'll be relics," she said.

Pike, who is currently living in Prague,(a very sexy city) may well have to dig up more of her garden, as I Care A Lot is tipped to be among the nominees for this year's Oscars, due to be announced on Monday.

She was last a best actress contender for Gone Girl in 2015, but ultimately lost out on the night to Julianne Moore's performance in Still Alice.

• Creative Creative x 1