Hunting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by theiceman447, Sep 7, 2012.

1. They didn't taste too poorly, not my first choice though, I like shooting them to feed to the hogs and for practice. If I get a dog in the future, I could see myself smacking the coots good Everytime I go out to make for some gourmet dog grub

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Geese you say? Wya?
    I'm about to drive up to North AR to hunt snow geese. Lol I'm planning on making a 4 hour detour to OK to buy some mmj too

3. Bagged a few geese. Ended up with about 20lbs of goose breast and I fed my hogs a good amount of carcasses. Waste not want not! I don't know what I'd do without my hogs! IMG_20210224_100049.jpg PXL_20210225_190037190.jpg PXL_20210227_002054342.jpg received_426152815114953.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. 983770D6-C60D-47B6-9BAC-FD3BF586FBB9.jpeg Frejya, 3 yr old German Wirehaired Pointer

8FE843C6-A313-4536-AD38-0E8653EE4016.jpeg
    Rebel, 10 year old GWP
    High octane gun dogs to be sure!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Beautiful dogs! They look super happy and I'm sure you're stoked to have em around!

I'm thinking about adding a gun dog to my life in the future. They're so darn cute and I cherish that special bond with them!

Duck season is around the corner people! Woot woot!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks! we had a dismal , no wait.... FUCKING dismal duck season last year. Winter never really showed up in MT...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Last season wasn't very good in FL either, but I have my fun with the resident bird population.

This season I'm aiming to bag a few Canada geese! Hope the cold shows up in MT for ya this year and the doggos get some action!

I just passed through MT, it must be a gorgeous place to do some duck hunting! The mountains are so cool and the wetlands are so different than Florida's. Enjoy the season and bag a few for the blades!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcomed a Male Boykin into my life.

Got him onto his first deer the opening weekend of deer season in Ohio! He's just at 11 weeks in this picture.
    It was truly something else to see him get better and better at tracking as we got closer to the deer. It would have taken a little while longer to find the deer if we didn't have him because the deer took a pretty abrupt turn in heavy brush that my buddy missed, it just so happened I was following the pup and saw the deer on the creek bed. Wasn't my kill, but was fun tracking the kill with the pup!

Hope you all are staying safe out there and having fun! Go get em blades!! PXL_20210925_124059388.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Very nice! Sounds like he has a great nose on him. What did you name the lil guy?
    We just got back from MT pheasant opener. Birds were there in decent numbers, and both dogs got lots of time on the ground. Freya crushed it, learning that the heavy cover is where the roosters hide!

• Like Like x 1
  10. His name is Arthur! So that when people ask I can say I named him Fart. That and because I think Arthur, Art is a cool name!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Arthur, I like it!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hope you all are having a productive season! I haven't been able to get out as much as I wanted balancing a new full time job and puppy training, but I'm hoping my fellow blades are having fun!
    Take care y'all and be safe!