Hunting Stories

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Headhunterpipes, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Start off with a funny one , my next door neighbor Frank was in his sixties , his neck was fused .
    He couldn't turn his neck and he always had to look down, he couldn't raise his head up or down either .
    We had been hunting or actually I was the driver ..I didn't draw out deer tag that year so drove my friend around .
    Like the second or third day of hunting driving back home on this two way road ( speed limit was 70 MPG )
    The cars are all stopped where this sign says deer crossing and its a heard of about 25 deer or up .
    I am telling Frank that its a heard deer in front of us. the heard of deer ran right in front my pick up .
    they couldn't of been more then ten feet away.
    Frank cant raise his head see the deer and he is trying to turn his neck shoulder's to see the deer too.
    Then he says What fucking deer ? I don't see any deer LOL
    I wanted to reach over and pull his head up .
    Sure that would of broke his neck.
    He gets out the truck and walks over to a fence that was about 100 ft from road .
    The deer are just standing there looking at him pretty much spread out but still not running away .
    Frank the great white hunter steadies his rifle on a fence post aims at this deer about 50 yards away pulls the trigger and a deer about 100 yards behind the deer he was aiming at drops ..LOL

I will never forget him saying what deer , I don.t see no fucking deer ..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. So my kid was lucky enough to go on a youth hunt where they set the kids up in blinds and let em shoot anything thats legal. We get there and they all sight their guns and go over how it works and the next morning they go out and blind hunt. They paired each kid and parent with a game warden. So we are sitting in the blind and a tap my kid on the shoulder cause there's a nice buck walking out of the bushes. Kid goes to aim buck runs thats ok. About 5 mins after a herd of does follow and he shoots the last one walking across the road. Deer runs off and we are all wondering if he got a piece of it. So I lean to my kid and ask him if the deer is still alive are your gonna pull out the 9mm and mercy kill it. That game warden gave me the shittest look and said he better not.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So a buddy of mine tells me to set my stand up in a super thick area right next to a creek, because he was saying theirs a nice buck working a scrape line along the creek. So true to his word and sure enough after about a hour of sitting there, this nice buck comes walking up to my right almost behind me.

I'm hunting with a 3" mag Remington 12 gauge because it's so thick in that area and shotguns are best for thick places like that. But the way the deer is coming I have to turn and shoot almost behind me to my right, left handed no less. But I was able to turn and make the shot and he immediately dropped in his tracks.

Less than 5 minuets later my buddy comes walking up through all the vines and briars and whatnot and says he actually walked the edge of the creek and pushed that deer towards me so I could shoot him...How cool was that?

So I get down off the stand and we both get to looking at this deer and there's no wounds whatsoever to be found, no blood, hair missing, nothing at all consistent with shooting a deer that you normally see...So we're now thinking, "holey shit, did he just have a heart attack and die? WTF? That's really weird!" Neither one of us has ever seen anything like it before.

Well, we get the deer back to camp and at least 20 guys are all scratching their heads, looking all over this deer trying to figure out where the hell the kill shot was, until about an hour goes by and one guy finally figures out that one single pellet from that 00 buckshot went right between his eyes and dropped him like a hot rock in his tracks.

That honestly has to be the damndest shot I've ever made on a deer to date...LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's truly amazing the things you sometimes see while hunting...Hawks flying into trees catching squirrels, racoon mamas with their babies, cayotes chasing rabbits...Whatever, it's all cool watching nature do it's thing.

One time I was sitting in a stand on this narrow green strip we planted with biologic, that looked like a long, narrow but thick salad bar, right in the middle of the woods.

I was sitting there for a while, maybe a couple of hours, when all of a sudden this big pretty red fox squirrel with a black head comes hauling ass right past me, with a red fox hauling ass right behind him, so the fox squirrel goes running up to the very top of a cedar tree along the edge of the green strip and the fox tries to go up the tree with him and gets about 3/4 of the way up the tree and can't go any further.

The fox sits in the tree for about 5 minuets before deciding to climb back down the tree and leave. The squirrel comes down about 30 minuets later and bounces off like nothing ever happened...LOL

You can't get to see things like that by sitting around the house doing nothing all day, you can only get those kinds of experiences by being out in nature and being lucky enough to actually see them.

It's not just about killing deer, it's those kinds of moments you get nowhere else that makes hunting so cool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maybe that would unfuse his neck. xd Just kidding just kidding.