Hugelkultur NoTill Indoor Organic Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by TMCCViking, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Going to be starting my second attempt at growing my own buds. The first run turned out to be male so this time i'm germinating 3 seeds. So far to have pushed out tap roots and sprouted out of the soil the third has yet to push out a tap root. Going to be transplanting one into the hugelkultur no till pot as seen before but wonder what i should do for the other one or two? What do you guys think? Won't be doing much updated or pics until atleast 2 weeks pr the 4th set of leaves is establish. However, i will be doing a stricter watering schedule this time around. Last time was my first true grow. And my waterings kept changing as i continued reading/learning new things. First i started out with water and ACTs then changed to Botanical teas then changed to SSTs. Here will be my schedule once these seedlings are established.
    Day 1: Botanical Tea
    Day 2: none
    Day 3: none
    Day 4: Corn SST
    Day 5: none
    Day 6: none
    Day 7: none
    Day 9: Botanical or water( which ever i choose
    Day 10: none
    Day 11: none
    Day 12: Fresh Coconut water
    I Also plan to be stricter with foilers
    Once a week of each. Botanical, neem/silica, enzyme, ipm of choosing(basil,spearmint,oregeno, or thyme)

What are your guys thoughts on these?
    Also going to try to take better documentation this time around for future self use

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think all of those are GOOD things, but maybe a little more work than necessary , But if you ENJOY doing all of that, It certainly can't hurt !

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree. The soil itself should have everything the plant would need. But i'm using the botanicals which arent much work to make more for the growth hormones and compounds. Then sst/coconut water for enzymes to break downs unused compounds back into plant available elements and such. I may be over doing, if i am the plants will tell me and i will back off by doing more plain water feedings. Also, just to note i am treating my hugelkultur pot as if it still had a plant growing in it and sticking to the water schedule. Btw, i have white and crimson clover on order. Going to do the living mulch/green manure this time. Wanted to do it last time but money was tight.

4. Forgot to mention. Im just giving the newly sprouts water till they have grown up a bit a matured to handle the schedule

• Like Like x 1
  5. Does clover live good in the shade ?
    I tried growing chives in my no-til pots one time, but they died out after the plants shaded them too much...I been thinking of trying something different, but in the meantime, I been just using mulch and dead stuff to cover the soil....I like the clover idea,though...And I'm sure the worms would love it too !
    Did you put any worms in that pot ? ( I can't remember if you said)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I do want some but sadly, i dont have any in the pots. Although there is a few critters roaming about. I believe i identified springtails(lil white guys that seem to jump around)... not sure though... some soil mites. Lil white blobs that cruise around pretty. And some kind of white wormlike critter. Idk what it is tho. Bout a cm long, white translucent body and a black head... beats me

As far as the clover, i'm not sure how it would do in the shade. I do know tho is that the crimson clover grows tall. Also I lst by tying down and it opens up the canopy to allow light to penetrate deeper. On another note i have read other ppls experiences. And they to believe the cycle for companion plants is to grow(living mulch), get shaded, and die off becoming green manure. While hopefully producing seed so the cycle of companion plants continues without having to spend cash on another round

8. Have you tried sprinkling around on top of soil with granulated NEEM cake ? That has been working pretty well for me, It just makes the bugs NOT want to live there ....Sends em over to the neighbors yard or something, lol

9. Yes i have. I actually used it in the soil recipe and have top dressed with it here and there. It does have an impact for a few days, but then the critters are back by the next watering. 2 points i'd like to say about. I have been told my brand of neem cake is not the best of quality, i have DTE, and have been directed to neemresources.com for when i run out and need more. Also, i dont believe these guys to be bad, from what i've observed the flee light and stick to the soil. Makes me assume that they are decomposers and possibly beneficial. I need to find a way to identify these lil dudes just to make sure. Also, clover is growing in nice. And my 2 plants are coming along. May be transplanting from red solo cops into final pots. One had the partial cycle(damn male) and one was set up the other day. Can't wait:smiley-rolling-joint:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jesus, you didn’t take a cutting, root and throw it into 12/12 to at least check? Ayyyyyeeeeeee so much preparation and work to have to can it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum