Hows my grow tent set up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BreezyMike420, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Hello friends, im looking for any tips or helpful insight or whatever on how my grow tent is set up. Its my first time growing weed with an actual set up(bag seeds by the window, never flowered though) anyways,

I have a 600w light, 6 inch fan with the carbon filter and the six inch venting. Tent is 32”x20” and 62” tall.

Im hoping to grow four plants with this, so hopefully the light is enough. Anyways thank in advance, one love yall
    [​IMG]

2. Everything looks decent, but I'm not sure that's an actual 600 Watt light.
    Also not sure You're going to fit four plants in a tent that size.
    I have a tent that's a little smaller and I struggle to fit two plants in it.

3. Consider two plants or even one, in order to garner some tent/environment experience before trying to pack in a forest. Read up on scrog grows for that possibility.

4. How can you tell if its 600w or not? It had pretty good reviews on amazon lol. Is there a way to test it?

5. You're looking for what watts the light draws from the wall.
    You can look on the website you ordered from and they'll
    usually tell you the actual power draw.
    You could also buy a Watt Meter. You can get them from
    Home Depot or Lowes. Or you can order one from Amazon.
    Here's a bunch of them.

Amazon.com : watt meter

6. Okay, I found the light on Amazon, and the fact that it doesn't list actual draw,
    and costs only $65.99 leads me to believe that it draws far less than 600 Watts.
    Probably only about 100 to 120 Watts at most. Maybe less than that.

7. Yeah, one of the comments on amazon says it seems to be less then 100w :( damn. I hope i can return it.

Would you happen to have a recommendation for a proper 600w light??

8. I don't think you could fit an actual 600w LED light in a tent your size.
    Mine draws 250w and barely fits in my 30 x 24 inch tent. (Didn't
    realize it was that big until I just measured it.) I wouldn't imagine you'd be
    able to fit any light bigger than mine in there. You're also not gonna fit four
    plants in your tent.

So what I'd recommend is a 250 watt light and one or two plants at most.
    This is a decent light on Amazon and about the same size as mine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Small light bro. What you growing, sage?

10. You need a better light than that piece of junk

11. okay i will look into these, thank you appreciate it! And noted on the two plants, i will start there! Damn, i really thought i did a better job at planning this all lol

hahaha, i really thought i found the perfect light!

12. You need to ignore the numbers in the name of the light. They used to mean something, now they are just names. TS1000 does NOT draw 1000w, etc. xx600, xx100, xx4000 are basically model numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1