How To Make Good Oil Step By Step With Pictures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GreenOperator, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Coconut oil. is good for edibles.

2. This entire setup is sketchy. Who , in their right mind, uses a bic lighter to test for the presence of alcohol vapors? It is heavier than air and you will blow your ass up one day.

and when you do?

I told you so.

Boiling off volatile and explosive solvents should be done with the proper glassware with glass fittings and including a Graham condenser to recapture your solvent for the next time (All available on E-Bay pretty cheap). You can also lower the boiling temp of your solvent by way of a vacuum pump for expediency(Also available on E-bay).

Keep the environment in mind when you play mad scientist.

3. OR...

You can filter it using a Hirsch vacuum filter funnel and have a higher rate of return. (E-Bay has them)

If you are going to do chemistry, at least make the effort to do it correctly. Alcohol vapors are heavier than air and will blow your ass to kingdom come if you try to take short cuts.

It's nice to be able to live long enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

4. Need females, males only have pollen sacks NO trichomes.

5. No, only female plants have the trichomes needed for oil. Males are only good for pollination.

6. So I’ve been doing this method since I was a teen with a few tweaks. Other methods insist using ethanol and or high grade vodka....basically 190 proof grain alcohol. I have tried both methods. Does it concern you at all using the ISO method? So many websites say not to use that type of alcohol due to it not being food grade and what not. Next, is there anyway you can make actual oil to be added in vape pens? Each batch that I produced was not great tasting, but yes it is a great addition to a bowl or joint. But I found the oil too thick to mix into a vape solution. I would have to purge the honey oil again to remove the chlorophyll, which I tried, but am left with even less. Have you ever tried to put your oil into vaporizers? Or is that mainly for c02 extract?