How to Make Full Melt Ice Water Extract - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Brother Urb, Oct 27, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some blue cheese bubble going down

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. [​IMG]

blue cheese 120u

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do you use to sieve the sticky patties that come out of the freezer? There's been so much debate about microplanes and wire mesh strainers, but there's got to be one damn good way to do it that isn't so tedious. Any thoughts or advice?

4. it really depends on room temp, i live in FL so heat is an issue. I use both, warmer i liked to micro, if it's colder sieve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey guys, PreGame420 here and new to grasscity... So I have been a Cannabis Advocate for some years now and done some light weight outdoors personal grows out here in Cali...WELL I recently moved up to Humboldt County and started making hash which I had never really played around with before this but got a good ides of the process etc etc.. I found that I have a untapped source or killer Indoor trim plus other outdoor sources that are known for providing CLEAN meds.

So I started washing with a BubbleMagic 20gal machine using 3 bag system (I will be buying more bags) and my first pulls of 70u GSC were FIRE. I mean blonde and Terpy and the 25u was dark. NONE of this was Fullmelt which i suspect is from the 3 bag system and got pressed into Rosin. BEAUTIFUL TERPY ROSIN!!! So I have a few questions. Im having a hard time finding out how much material to process in the 220u work bag for the 20gal machine? I did a lb per wash feel like it was too much material because their was still a lot left on the material. Help.? Also for the drying process I chop it up like cocaine and let it dry. Should I use a medium-small hole sized Metal strainer to microplane? before or after drying. I feel like it would rupture a lot of the heads we just collected. Thoughts.

IG: @PreGame420

70u GSC
    25u (front) 70u (back)
    70u GSC Hash Rosin... Super terps and heavy effect.
    25u Hash rosin Not as terp but still very stoney and Hashy in flavor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey guys, new and my first post here.

I have 27 grams of mostly high quality stems I've been saving, and I want to try making ice hash for the first time. I have a few questions:

1. I've been saving for a while, like 1-2 years at most, will that matter?

2. No idea what "120u, 25u" is, I'm assuming the hole size in the filter. I only have coffee filters currently, will it still adequately get the job done?

3. Is 27g of stems even enough to do this?

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

7. Wondering if anyone can help me out. I made bubble last night for the first time in a few years. I followed the exact instructions on the first thread since it's been a long time.

I didn't collect almost anything in my 120u. Hardly anything on the 93 and a little more in my 73 but again, not a lot and then a decent amount in the 45 but still not what I expected.

Now I did a 2nd run but only had like 15 mins to complete everything as I had to drive a friend home and can't go back to my grow til the following day.

Now in my haste I forgot to even use any contaminant bags and just went for collecting everything for my second run in just the 45 bag thinking I'll just filter it again tomorrow. This bag was loaded...but this time I let it sit only 5 mins in ice and then I stirred the shit out of it for about 3 mins or so and then poured into the 45u. It all came out pretty brown but no where near as dark as the guy before me 45u. I'll take pics when I go today.

Anyone shed light on why the original method didn't work as well as the aggressive, shorted 2nd run method?

Hope this all makes sense, thanks!

8. I'll throw some info your way. Hopefully it's a help to ya. First would be that stems generally don't have enough 'full' gland heads to collect, so you'll be lucky to get more than a single hit from 27 grams. You want to use sugar trim or bud to ensure your able to collect those trichomes, which is what hash is made of. Now on to the questions you asked.

1. Not really, as long as you didn't let it get moldy. But the longer you have it the more sleepy the effects will be because the THC degrades over time. Most hash makers (me included) keep their trim in the freezer until it's time to use it.

2.Your right, the 'U' stands for micron, a unit of measurement for the hole size of a sieve or silkscreen. But no a coffee filter won't be that great. You want a series of sieves that have a descending order of microns. You want a work bag around 220u to hold your plant matter and prevent that matter from going to the next bag while allowing the gland heads to pass into the next bag. After that its a descending order of bags, I use(I think) 160, 110, 75, then finally a 25. The best hash is usually in the 110 bag for my 9lb hammer and GSC.

3.Stems, no. Bud or sugar trim, yes. I could maybe pull anywhere from 1.7 - 2.5 grams of decent bubble from an ounce of good trim. More if it's bud, maybe up to 3 - 3.5 if it's frosty enough and was used for 2 runs.

Hope that clears some stuff up for ya. If you want to learn more, check out bubbleman's world on YT he's a freaking hash guru with a ton of excellent hash how-tos. Bret Maverick might have some interesting stuff too but it's mostly geared towards BHO. Both are worth checking out though.:wave:

9. Update*

So I ran it all a 2nd,3rd and 4th time. I got much more blonde beach type of sand in my 73 and 90 in the 3rd and 4th run. I'm not sure why but that's how it went down.

Anyone else find something like that happening to them as well? I followed instructions and it possibly just wasn't enough agitation. When I stirred it pretty hard, I got more. Still found the best was in my 73 bag though. 120 had noticable amounts of contaminant. I'm sure it's all strain specific so I'm assuming I just have to find out what bags to eliminate and which to use per strain right?

10. I usually get very good pulls from the 2nd and 3rd runs agitating harder each time, and it is very strain specific. My 1:1 cbd plant only leaves a nice pile in the 45u bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've been able to cut out the 90 and 120 bags when I found out where my hash might land. I do like to keep at least three stages of filtration in front of the hash bag to ensure only quality resin comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shame this thread isn't more active. Here's my latest wash from 4 month old sugar trim. 3 minute wash only.

IMG_20200131_162908.jpg
    120 micron

IMG_20200131_162919.jpg
    90 micron

IMG_20200131_163028.jpg
    70 micron

IMG_20200131_163136.jpg
    45 micron

IMG_20200131_164026.jpg
    The left overs

• Like Like x 1
  13. Also VERY IMPORTANT

You CAN wash moldy flower

Common Particles and Their Sizes in Microns

Screenshot_20200201-090817~2.png
    Mold spores are 10-30 micron. Don't catch anything after the 45 and rinse your hash well and there is zero chance for mold to stay on the glands. It'll flow right out the 45 micron bag and stay in your waste water.

• Like Like x 1
  14. A long cement/textture style mixer works good as a homemade agitator. There go right in the head of a cordless drill, about 24" long so no need to be bent over i mean its no professional agitator but way better than a handy mix. Also you don't even have to dip in the extraction bucket just tie it to the end and your standard drill should have multiple speeds

15. Thats beautiful stuff. So 3 minutes run. I have heard that a longer run will start to get the greenish or un appealing color. You might get more bubble in the end. But if im making bubble its going to be to my head stash and want qaulity over quantity. Also less, water/ice/$$ i was almost curious about running keif through less catches and at a smaller scale operation instead of running a qp of trim at a time for qtr of bubb. Run a zip of keif and get something around 3/4 back ... has anyone ever tried this