How-To : LST (Low Stress Training)

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 9, 2006.

1. How does this look? It's an auto so I won't be topping and bent the main stem. Should I bend her more?

Attached Files:

2. Turns out these make amazing lst tools. Clip to the rim of your pot and secure your ties to them. Reusable, able to be adjusted easy, and no damage to your pots. One of my favorite grow room tools Can be used for lots of others things too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

perpetual organic indoor journal(now with QB lighting):
    Indoor organic

• Like Like x 2
  3. Woah, dude, this is such an amazing guide. I am copy and pasting it to see if theres anything Im missing. Thank you so much, you obviously put a lot of effort into this post, really appreciate it!!!! <3

4. Does anyone have the picture in the thread?
    It seems to be missing and I want to try this haha

5. Would you suggest this for a noob? I am cultivating my first crop now. I know that training and defoliating your plants is an advanced technique, but this looks really simple. I am growing outdoors. I have topped the plant on the third node, so the plant is ready for it IMG_20181105_113827.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Never done any LSTing before. Anyone have any feedback for me? Topped once about a week ago so far. 64ab6d054396a3c03e7d181dc1348156.jpg

7. when you lst do you defoliate or remove any of the leaves? I read in one tutorial that you do, but it didn't explain it very well or at all for that matter and I cant seem to find information about that in particular. Can someone please explain to me what leaves to cut off in any to expose the stem?

8. I would love to be able to see the pictures in this post. Still very good information

• Like Like x 2
  9. Can any one tell me if I low stress trained these correctly or not this is my first time and they look crazy these are the before[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk

10. And these are from after I just got done doing the lst [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk

11. As long as you didnt break the stem bending it so dramatically, then you should get the desired effects. When I LST, i only bend it over so all nodes after the bend are at an even uniform height. Then I leave it bent until the leaves on the lower nodes turn into shoots themselves

12. I would super crop that baby. But as far as your lst it looks good.

13. I think of training as yoga for the plant. Bend, stretch, twist and breathe. The more you put in the more you get back.

I’ve got one twisted around so much that she’s got 21 main cola sites and she’s still got a month in veg to go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. What is the minimum amount of time needed for LST to redistribute the hormones and take effect? Can you remove the ties after 1 or 2 days?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have been doing a lot of reading on LST. Can this thread be updated to include photos/drawings, or is there a better thread that should be stickied?

Indespensable resources for new Low Stress Trainers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Im a first time grower and absolutely do not understand the difference between LST and SCROG. Is it a case of one or the other?

17. One day turnaround

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2