Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to keep canna oil from spoiling

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mybackhertz, Apr 17, 2021.

1. So I decarbed some bud, soaked in everclear, then evapped in the oven.
    I added some unprocessed coconut oil as it was reducing and am wondering how to keep it from spoiling
    Do I need to keep it refridgerated?
    Thanks

2. #2 HIGHliketheSKY, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Smoke it:laughing:

Edit: oops or eat that shit yo

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Decarbed Cannabis is biologically inert.
    Coconut oil is good for 1-2 years unopened jars.
    That said I do refrigerate the majority of my Hash-Coconut oil-Lecithin capsules when I can.
    But.
    I've kept the Capsules for well over a year unrefrigerated in the hot trunk of the car with no change.
    No mold, No loss in strength.
    Cooking oils that are stable at room temps should last equally long with cannabis processed in.
    Avoid things like Butter that can go rancid faster or have high water content.
    Most American butter is 15% water.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for taking the time to post all of that
    Last time I made oil and added some to some muscle rub, it spoiled on me pretty quick. Which is why I asked. Thanks again

5. Experiment with a couple of small batches stored and made in different ways and see if you can duplicate the fail.
    It's how I usually approach something concerning Cannabis.

BNW

• Like Like x 2