How-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are there any additives that help premote side branching?or is training or toping the only way?

3. Always been a fan of topping however I’m trying to find the best time to start topping plants because as soon as you top a plant the tap roots stop growing down and start growing out instead therefore making a smaller root system which translates to a smaller yeild. What have you noticed and how early do you start?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Try both topping and LST. I top about every two after the first topping at the same time I’m basically bending or tying down most of the branches to allow optimum amounts of sunlight. This has worked well for me. Science does say that you can top too early because as soon as you top a plant the tap roots stop growing downwards and start growing outwards which gives your plant a smaller root system which means smaller yields. Personally I wait until about the 6th set of leaves before the first topping. Hope this helps.

5. This may be a stupid question but I always top my plants to get bushier plants. I'm going to try super cropping this year instead. I'm just curious as which one probably has the quickest recovery? I would assume super cropping would have the quickest recovery.

6. So how early to do you top your plants ? How many sets of leaves do you wait for?

7. Whoops! sorry I wrote this in the wrong place...

8. Dude I’m stoned. I think I wrote my question in the correct place but I don’t know for sure. Maybe you have an answer.

9. If you're looking for lst try fimming your plant. I typically fim at the beginning of 4th node development. Then use the lst of guiding the growth of your plant horizontally along a wire.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Usually top mine 1/4" above 5th node. But try fim if you want it to bush out

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #591 Terp Sauce, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    First node / Node #1: Does anyone use node 1 on a young plant or is it usually removed (indoor)? Im just now realizing I've never used node 1. I always snip it off during my first topping. In hopes that's all nodes above it will grow faster and stronger. Node 1 usually pops it's two branches first but they always seemed lanky. As node 2 and above begin to grow out they seem stronger. Can removing node 1 be a bad thing? Does anybody enjoy using node 1?

I'm getting close to a first topping on some seedling. Its not going to happen for a couple more days I think. Im retty sure I'm not keeping node 1 on any of them. A couple plants are already putting some decent energy into node 1 and I'm itching to clip off node 1 right now lol.

What's your opinion if any on node #1 in general?
    Is there any pros or cons with cutting node 1 on a plant around day 15?

These are two that I'm eyeing
    Screenshot_20210726-214148_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210726-024926_Gallery.jpg

Do I wait?