How to clean grinder?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dilfrancis1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. It depends on what kind of weed you are grinding. Sticky, resinous weed can clog a grinder in just a few buds while grinding dry weed your grinder will seldom get gummed up. Be sure to empty out the bottom compartment of your grinder often if it has a "pollen catcher" below a screen. Save that stuff up and later you can roll it into a joint or add a pinch to a bowl - just as good as any hash you buy.

2. Dry weed is harsh as hell on the lungs dude - I always try to get the moisture up to about 40-45% because it will burn slower and at a cooler temperature so it doesn't burn the lungs. Try it on a small batch some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How to Test the Moisture Content of Your Cannabis (cannabisnow.com)

Attached Files:

4. Blue Panda gets it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Clean with high proof booze or iso, let evaporate in a glass dish, smoke your hash.

6. I have a plastic grinder that came with the volcano vaporizer. I would not use alcohol because it could deteriorate the plastic. I have a bio clean solution i could try on it. Have just scraped what I could but its hard to turn now

7. @Goblin_smasher check the top of the grinder where it slides inside itself. A small hash booger can make it hard to turn

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes the top is very caked. I heard an unsettling crack noise when I went to Town with my knife on it. So I am very careful now.

9. Just put 1/4 cup of rice in your blade grinder for about 60 seconds. Once that happens, the oils and rust will cling to the rice. If you want to do a truly super cleaning of your coffee grinder, try using a vacuum cleaner; it gives an even deeper clean. This is a very effective method for cleaning an electric grinder.