Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much sunflower lecithin should I add?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dummymeowmeow, Jan 23, 2021.

1. I’m gonna be making some cannaoil using MCT (or olive oil) and sunflower lecithin. Should I get liquid sunflower lecithin? And how much sunflower lecithin is appropriate to add to a 1oz bottle of oil with 1g of cannabis?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1/6th the oil volume
    1 tablespoon oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Both threads cover the same base recipe for making oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. #3 OldUR, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    I use powered Sunflower Lecithin at 1 teaspoon per ounce of oil.

edit:
    I'm an idiot for trying to trust my memory. That 1:6 ratio above is what I use for liquid Lecithin. For powdered I use 1 teaspoon to 2 ounces of oil. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Since the amount question has been answered, ill just champion for MCT oil.

In a recent infusion I used liquid sunflower lecithin in mct oil and it did turn the infusion a chocolate brown. Not sure if thats at all important to you. But it mixed well with a minimum of heat.

MCT oil is pretty fast acting IME. This is the best oil for infusion/tincture ive made. Easy to make, quick for effects, stays liquid, doesn't need refrigerating, very little taste, and goes with most any food or by itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I'll add to that. Made a QWET tincture and reduced it most of the way earlier today. Just added an ounce of MCT oil and a half teaspoon of lecithin and have it on a cup warmer to evaporate off the remaining alcohol. Looking forward to testing. :yummy:

6. Hi! How much of a difference do you see with MCT v. other infusions, personally? I’ve seen people say that MCT oil takes the same amount of time as other oils.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If I may inquire what are you creating and post the recipe your attempting and maybe I can spot a pitfall you can't see.

BNW

8. I’m planning on decarbing 0.5-1g in my Ardent Lift
    Then running a second cycle and adding sunflower lecithin with the oil for infusion.
    Lastly just bottling it up in a 1oz dropper bottle.

I’m looking to just have a couple drops of oil by itself (when I don’t feel like consuming a bunch of sugar and calories to get high) or to have it ready whenever I feel like adding the oil to any recipes

9. #10 MIW, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    In my experience its faster than even coconut oil, more on par with a tincture under the tongue. And the taste is pretty much neutral.

I just made a sore muscle rub from another infusion that I used hemp oil as a carrier oil. Hemp oil tastes terrible I was sad to learn, lol.

BTW there are 591 drops in one ounce. One gram would be 150-160 ish mg. That would make each drop .25-.27 mg. IOW pretty weak, and that is if you extracted 100% , something that's not likely. But one ounce is 6tsp, and 25-26mg per tsp, something to keep in mind when you dose.

10. Ohhh, this is valuable... but are dosage calculators essentially worthless? After calculating, I saw that 1g of 27% thc bud with 1oz of mct would be approximately 184mg thc total, giving 60mg per two teaspoons?

11. Unless you get each bud tested we're just using estimates. 150 mg per gram is a general number frequently used. Obviously 27% would be more, but I'm suspicious of that high of a number. It happens for select top buds, but it's not very common.

The real test is on yourself when you eat it. The old advice to start slow would be appropriate.

12. It’s showing that even with just 8% thc, one teaspoon would be approximately 9mg and 10mg is typically as high as I can handle! So hopefully it’s fine. It’s not completely necessary for me to take it by the drop, it’s more for storage purposes, I’m just sick of having to make firecrackers and I don’t have enough material for capsules.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just a bit of information.
    Coconut oil is 54% MCT oil already.
    MCT generally seems to run 4x the cost of Coconut oil and I personally didn't get any faster onset then I did with straight Coconut oil.
    If your going to use it as dropper material the LouAna Liquid would be my choice.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. #15 MIW, Jan 24, 2021
    I bought nutiva brand mct oil off amazon. It's made from 100% coconut oil and organic. No palm oil.
    Organic MCT Oil

If you take a look there is a lot of mct out there, some of it is crazy expensive with names like " brain octane" lol. And others fairly cheap.

I've been pleased with other nutiva products in the past. Plus, if possible, I like to stay with organic products.

In my case it works faster than regular coconut oil. It stays liquid unlike regular coconut oil and doesn't need refrigeration. So it wouldn't be good for capsules.

Also for me, I'm not all that into eating a lot of oil, so a strong infusion allows me to use less. Literally drops per day.

Cannabis MCT Tincture: a Quick and Easy Non-Alcoholic Marijuana Tincture Recipe

15. Hm I’ll definitely keep this in mind for next time then.

16. #17 dummymeowmeow, Jan 24, 2021

Not wanting to consume a bunch of oil makes sense for sure! Kinda yuck. I’m using some MCT oil by Nature’s Way.

• Like Like x 1