How much do you miss live music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by KingofHearts, Jun 20, 2020.

1. What concerts did you have tickets to this summer/fall that got cancelled?

2. The last live concert I saw was in 1969 - Led Zeppelin. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zeppelin 1973 for me. :)
    I actually went and saw Jeff Lynne-ELO twice in the last few years. .
    Once at the Hollywood Bowl 2016 and again at the Anaheim Pond 2019.
    The people I'd go and see are all dead for the most part or so damn old they.....

This is a good show from a few years before..

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I had plans to go to Strange Creek in Western Massachusetts for Memorial Day weekend. Localish weekend music & camping festival. Sucks hard with everything going on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do miss live music a lot bcoz of COVID - 19.. But started listening to lots of music on you tube to compensate... Though honestly speaking live music has its own fun... The latest i am listening on You tube is

• Like Like x 1
  6. learn to play an instrument... you'll never be without live music.

better yet... make sure your local schools fund music programs (or protest any plan to defund them). in many cases, if you don't pick up an ear for music early in life (much like reading or learning a language), it is a much more difficult talent to achieve as an adult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. So much truth in this post.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I miss so much ... but mostly the sanity lost.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Unfortunately, I have not heard live music for a long time and I am sorry for that, mainly I listen to music through a headset and speakers.

10. I didn't have any live music planned for this year, given having a newborn in the house. But I used to play a local acoustic set every week, which got cancelled.

Now I just annoy my neighbours on the front porch :(

11. There were shows I would have gotten tickets for in this span of time, but the only show I actually had bought tickets for was Nick Cave.

12. I finally started making enough money, so I can go to concerts, but COVID...

13. I was going to see Chelsea Wolfe and some stoner rock band nobody here would know, ah what a shame, I miss concerts so much. The energy, the people......and the mosh pits xD

Ah not to mention my tickets for a metal festival were cancelled for 2020 and now for 2021 too....ugh sigh.

14. I severely miss live music and wish I could go to a good show right now for the energy.

15. I saw Garth Brooks in Detroit late Feb of 2020.. supposedly it ended up being last major concert of any genre..

16. Actually, I believe that I went to the last big live show, and it was at MSG in NYC. March 10, 2020 @ MSG - The Allman Brothers Band reunion show. It was an awesome show and covid was already a thing. No masks yet but, as a frequent concert goer and sports enthusiast, I can tell you that I've never seen so many men wash their hands before leaving the bathroom. Disgusting but true. I don't know how many shows I've missed because of this pandemic, but it's plenty, and I can't wait to get back to it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. When you have friends so never miss the party.
    this time in my room party is on Yo :passtheshit:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Miss it this much (you cant see but im spreading my arms out real far) it was what the gf and i did for fun and looked forward to.

19. I have a really good story about Gregg Allman. I'll leave it as a shortened version.
    I was in NYC at the Waldorf for Allman Bros Induction to the HOF.
    After the ceremony, I spent a couple hours hanging out at a table sitting with Gregg and others getting very drunk.
    Years later he said induction to HOF was last time he drank and was said to be sober till his passing.
    My friends always gave me hard time saying I caused Gregg to sober up.

I figured there had been shows after my late Feb concert, but was a story ran in local paper saying was the last stadium show.. clearly MSG is a stadium..

Sorry you missed out on the concerts, shit will change and we get back to some live music!

• Like Like x 2
  20. That is a great story! I've been a big Allman Brothers fan for most of my life. I believe it was 1981 or 1982 that I saw them the first time and I've probably seen them a couple of dozen times in the last 20 years at the Beacon and Jones Beach primarily. The combo of Warren and Derek on guitars is about as close as you can get to the experience of seeing them back in the day with Duanne and Dickie (unfortunately I never did).
    A show (or 2) that I definitely missed out on in 2020 is Dead & Company at Citifield. I've seen every show they've done there and it's always so much fun. We start tailgating at around 1pm and are thoroughly lubricated, amongst other things, by showtime.
    I live on Long Island, not too far from the Paramount, and I really miss that venue too. I probably go to 10-12 shows a year there and it's a great place to see a show with great places to hang out before and after.
    I'm ranting here as I think about what we've all missed.
    And this is in addition to all the sporting events that I missed.
    I'm a huge Yankee fan and have shared season tickets with a couple of friends since 2009 and typically go to 20-30 games per year. I really miss that too but I'm optimistic we are getting close to the end of this insanity and my intention is to go to as many events as possible once the smoke clears.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1