How many start counting flower days from flip ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by morugawelder, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Curious , how many of those out there start their flowering period from flip ,
    or from first pistil usually a week or so later ?

2. First Pistil. You'll be a week early if you start counting from flip.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's all relative to me............if you consistently start from flip, you won't be a week early...........but I catch your drift.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I hear and read about that pretty consistently . I believe that also , It takes the ladies a little time for transition , just like cloning in flower back to veg . , Mine are at day 58 from flip and still showing lots of clear , One was suppose to run to 50 ( Turkish Cookies ) , Reds hairs through no new hairs now ,
    Slrurricane # 7 , Turkish Cookies , Last 2 are Fruity Pebbles x Alien Dog Cherry , Got the colas tied over to let the inside ripen , : )

IMG_6743.JPG IMG_6750.JPG IMG_6746.JPG IMG_6744.JPG
    Leaves are still nice and green yet .

• Like Like x 1
  5. I dont really count bloom time. I grow different strains every time so doesnt bother me but my vote says theyre not in bloom untill they throw pistils.
    Usualy 10-14ish but had it take 3 weeks twice now. Rqs amnesia haze and seedstockers ak420.
    I fucked the amnezia haze but got 3oz of bubble hash from it.
    Full blown meltdown material. Put my auld man and my dealer on their asses. Was a very proud moment lol :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Makes sense , if it takes week to 10 days to transition from flower back to veg. I imagine from veg. to full flower would take time .
    So how is the Amnesia Haze ? was gonna order them one time , never did tho .

7. I fucked it with the light timer mate but the resultant hash was the strongest thing I've ever smoked. Whiteyd quite a few folk it was that potent. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. I always go 10-11 weeks around week 9 I start checking trichomes

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do my harvest by trichromes so really no need to count. But I do try to keep track I always start counting at 1 week from flip. But I harvest when all trichomes are milky and some are turning amber.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I think the actual question being posed here is, "how to I set my expectations to match up with the seed bank's lying info page?"
    But that's good advice.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. And when the pistils show up in veg? I had pistils weeks before I flipped this grow. But my last grow, they never popped up until after flip

12. #12 BudgetMessiah, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Were they stigmas (not actually pistils!) or preflowers? The only plants I've ever seen produce stigmas in "veg" are autos.

13. Not sure if you can see that. Looks like preflowers maybe not pistils like I thought?

Either way that indicates female in veg right? Image%20(12).jpg

14. #14 BudgetMessiah, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    The preflowers are usually greenish, a little more tapered to a point, and usually come in a pair that criss-crosses. If you have a magnifying glass you can tell the difference right away. Preflowers look like leaves.

That said, looking at your photo, I can see what you mean. It's certainly female, but not sure if those are proper flower bits or not. I think that's just vegetative growth, but again, a magnifying glass will take all the guesswork out of this for you.

15. And this is exactly why you are spreading ignorance with your less than one finished plants worth of experience.

What kind of a plant showed you a stamen in veg? Just curious.

ALL CANNABIS SHOWS SEX IN VEG.

Stamen (not actually a pistil!!)”

Youre right - a Stamen isnt actually a Pistil - because a stamen is from a male plant and a pistil is from a female... lol

Stop using words you know nothing about and responding to people pretending you know anything.

“Preflowers look like leaves”

Jesus christ - at least look at a picture book before you start spouting off.

j

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. They're stigmas, Jer. Here's a picture.
    . 2-Cannabis-Pistillate-Flower-OShaughnessys-RBG-2-400x400.jpg

17. He has really been shitting all over the grow forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I use to count from the flip, now I don't pay any attention at all. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. *****BEST ANSWER****
    Plants will be mature when they are good and ready and not ever by what some seed company implies/states on their packaging.

Different gardening methods and environmental conditions can change flowering times. We could all start our seeds on the same day, flip the lights on the same day and finish weeks apart.

The very worst thing one can do is to go by the seed companies (man - and ESPECIALLY with cannabis) number of flowering days. Its not even worth keeping track of what day you flipped - tbeyll be ready when they're ready and not a day before.

When in doubt - when you dont think they can get any better at all? Wait another week.

There is nothing worse than immature buds and especially after all the effort put in. Cannabis really shows its qualities at the very very end; that last week has the potential to add 20% more weight, colors enhance, flavors and aromas become their best, their strongest.

Late is so much much better than too early.

My $.02c.

j

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. I think of suggested flowering times as vague generalities. Receding red hairs on the buds tell me when it's time to start looking at trichomes. I don't pay much attention to whether it was from flip or first pistil.

• Like Like x 2