Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does an edible high last?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bluntmastaflex, Sep 30, 2011.

1. I would like to try making some firecrackers some day but i've never had edibles before and not sure how long the high would last. I've heard stories of people getting so high they wake up stoned but i'm not sure of the accuracy for that.
    Also for the amount of weed is 1 gram per firecracker too much for eating edibles for the first time or no? I'm also interested in knowing the length of the high and if I could still function around people without them knowing i'm high.

2. good luck man. i like to have people try .5g the first time, but that's just me. 1g shouldn't be too terrible, especially if you're a frequent smoker. the high normally lasts for like 4-6 hours for me, and I can function just fine through it.

things to look out for: personally, my eyes go devil red on edibles. (and my eyes are huge so its noticeable).. so you may wanna have eyedrops if you plan on being around people. a lot of people think their edible isn't working, or get impatient so they'll smoke a bowl while waiting. if you only take .5, you should be aiiiight, but be careful if you take 1g, the high will hit you haard. also, i recommend not drinking alcohol..or at least not a ton of it.

3. 4-6 hours is accurate for me. Flash is right about the red eyes too, much worse than when I smoke.

4. anywhere from 2-8 hours depending on the potency

I had a brownie the other day with 3/4 of a gram of potent bho...I was high for a solid 8 hours. It's more of a mellow high but it's more efficient than smoking.

Very different high though.

5. 8-12 hours in my experiences.

6. I have just taken 2 tablespoons of canola oil with about 2.4 grams of abv. I expect to be high in about two hours and still grinning when I wake up tomorrow, until about 2 in the afternoon.

7. Smoking weed is an instant head high. While injesting it is...hmmm... i'm gonna say a lot like taking vocodine, in terms of coming "up" and "down" much more euphoric and body tingling going on... It is a realtivly slow come-up. such as 45 minutes after eating one i feel the effects...and it takes another 30 minutes of it "really" kicking in. then you come down just a smidge and maintain that high for the majority of the time. I ate .5 my first time; 3 hours high like a kite, then 2 hours coming down. finally killed it by getting some fatty food in me.

8. Eight hours

9. The longest I've ever been high from edibles is 4 hours. It was intense. :p

10. #10 BigMouthHungry, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
    3/4 g bho? Damn, that would have made me pass out.

My experience is 4 to 8 hrs, and duration seems to increase as potency increases. I once swallowed a ball of pipe resin and awoke 24 hours later in a puddle of drool! :D

11. It could've been worse...The first time I did RSO I woke up 16 hours later in a puddle of pee. :eek:

12. Wow sounds good you guys. Been smoking for 31 yrs. And only ate hash brownies a few times and some shrooms. I NEED to try this. If the high lasts that long itd b great. No matter how good the weed is um only high smoking kike an hour 90 minutes top.

13. It's awesome and yeah I went to sleep and woke up stoned before.

14. Yikes ;)

15. My gf was entirely out of it for over 18hrs from my last batch of brownies this summer. She hardly smokes, so the 0.17g dose was too much for her. I smoke allday/everyday, but one and a half of those brownies had me high for over 10hrs.