How I make my bho step by step

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Dr fumbles, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ya know, if you sold me bunk ass shit like that i would blow your car up and burn your fuckin house down.

2. Hello yes I'm new I been following for very long time. I do my own work. And gather a lot of pointers from all of you.. jimmy .. todder. Chef.. ss. Couple others. Thank u all so much. Can u please help me verify something. If my method is ok...
    I use the cooler with a block of dry ice .place the Pyrex cup right on top of the block and blast into it let .it sit for an hour or two so all the wax is pulled to the bottom. I chill My 5 / 15 micron glass frit funnel in dry ice as well. Pour a lil at a time. Suck it thru using my chamber. Now that is in the flask I'm going to pour into other Pyrex with lined with Reynolds parchment paper till the tane evaps. Do u guys ever fish out the ice? Or just leave it. The vac should take all tha water out correct?

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. And definitely does have that nice dewaxed shiny look to it.BUT, I can still see waxes in it. I left it on the dry ice for about an hour.. no stirring. Then I filtered it with the glass frit into the flask. And it's outside.not cold weather... So now it's on the Reynolds pp. Evaping.. my concern was that there was so much ice build up in the Pyrex cup on the inside, And floating. I left it. I figure the vac will dry it up. Although during the evap. I did pour out some of that water. There was a lot. So now it's in the vac. and its boiling violently. I think the temp was 110. Normally I do 90.. i vacced for 24hrs. It looks pretty amazing.. just a bit cloudy and still super super sappy. Why would it be sappy still? Like extremely sappy. By the way. it is super super smooth. and extremely full of favor

4. This is NOT MY IG PROFILE. But this is the product

Attached Files:

5. Damn it does look good.  I think you would have better results putting the pyrex in a deeper container surrounded by dry ice.  You are getting condensation from the extreme temp difference.  In like a Styrofoam cooler with a towel laid over it.  Not with the lid on though.  That should keep moisture out of your product, and help the waxes precipitate out of the solution.  Just setting the pyrex on dry ice may not be cool enough.  But single solvent de-wax is not my method of choice.  Also I would avoid purging off the butane on parchment.  Use ptfe if you want to do it that way.  Otherwise you got the right idea, and seem to produce a nice product already.  Try those few simple things and I bet it gets a tad better.

6. Ok. Ok. awsome. Fo real man thank very much for responding. That was literally the 1st run using the büch. And that makes sense ima definitely do that..It probly evapped i shouldve added some tane too perhaps. I understand single solvent won't pull everything out. I would do a dual but I don't really have the extra chips for some good ol grape ethonal. So single for now.. but no evapping on pp. Correct? What would be my best bet again? Just glass? Once again thnx for the help.

7. skip the parchment. Butane swells silicone and it could end up in your product, evap on glass. Looks like you have it down though, good job reading up :smoke:

8. Will do thnx. One thing's I would like to understand better is why dehyhrating is key to good color. I try to explain why to some of my buddies. and honestly I look like a fool cuz they think there's no logic in dehydrating room temp herb. Even properly dried. I read u dehydrate. So I do so.. I also freeze everything. I even vac purge in the dark.. lol. These are things ive heard and read that are good. so i do em. But it's hard to explain to people who think they know everything.

9. Another thing I'm tryna figure out is if anyone has a glass frit, how do you suggest you clean it? Please? And with the frit. What do u guys think? Or know? Should I use these whatman filters with the frit? Or even coffee filters? Todder? Jimmy ? Anyone? I respect anyones response to my questions. I've learned so much from yall. I argue shit that I've learned on here with the idiots I'm surrounded by

10. Some cat piss not dewaxed and some random strain I don't know. Came out nice though

Attached Files:

11. I'm not sure if dehydrating helps with color, I've never actually done a side by side. I do it to avoid possible buddering from moisture.

Its best to use a Whatman glass microfiber filter over in the buchner, thats your best bet. hot alcohol should be able to clean the frit

12. Thnx brother. Sorry for the bad pic. I hope u can see the frit and papers. haha that's what I will plan on using together. At first I thought they were strictly for the ceramic buchners. With the big holes inside it.. but I will most definitely use them in my frit.. their not the correct size so ima cut it. Sorry if I'm explaining s*** weird or anything I'm just trying to get a clear understanding.

Attached Files:

13. make sure the papers are slightly larger than the buchner so theres a small lip around the edge of the paper, not just laying flat on the bottom

14. Do ur waxs feel sticky at all ?

15. The wax I pull out from single solvent dewaxing is rock hard once it has sat out and dried

16. I was always under the impression whatever your blasting threw should be glass or stainless. Never heard about aluminum ones

17. it isnt a tube inblast through it is a thermos I blast into. And ss or aluminum both work

18. I cant get your pics to load but there isn't a chemical you add to make good oil it comes from the material you blast and the way you blast and purge

19. Looks like you need to work on your technique a bit. Is that a trim run or nug?