Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does smoking poppers cause you to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by puffpuffnopass, Dec 27, 2014.

1. #1 puffpuffnopass, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    I'm sure there are many different names for it. When I say "poppers", I'm referring to when you take just a shaft piece, rip off about a centimeter of a cigarette, place it in the shaft & then stamp the end in weed. You light it & pull it through like a regular bowl. The end result is a serious headrush for about 10 minutes followed by a high from the weed.

The discussion at hand is that they cause you to lose extreme amounts of weight. I can't seem to find any studies that indicate that being completely true or false, so I'm looking for people who actually have experienced it or had someone close to them do it explain how they believe they lost weight while smoking poppers, including frequency, diet, exercise, etc.

I'm not talking about 2-3 pounds, this discussion was sparked by noticing so many people who had lost half or more of their body weight in a year or under and the only thing they changed was becoming heavy popper smokers.

Please try to back up your opinion as much as possible! I have absolutely no definite opinion on this topic, I'm extremely interested to hear what people have to say.

I understand the tobacco would curb your appetite but this weight loss seems too dramatic.

A heavily liked opinion that was voiced on this topic was that it causes a chemical reaction in your body which triggers a great deal of the actual weight loss.

Let's hear it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. what the f... how.. would it even?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nicotine is an appetite suppressant and a stimulant. besides that, Idk. Everyone is different. Plenty of people smoke cigarettes and weed separately, so I don't see why it would be different soking poppers... except of course that those are fucking disgusting in my un-humble opinion

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lost half their body weight?

bullshit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. #5 MyNamesAustin, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    I've smoked cigarettes daily the past year. Since I've started I've lost 25 pounds to date (keep in mind I smoke Newport 100's, the strongest menthol cigarette you can buy). Losing half your body weight is absolute bullshit, just think about how many obese people you'd see smoking if it were that easy to lose weight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's troll season!!

7. Must be good weed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Me reading the OP:  :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hey man i been smoking them for three years now and I've been losing and gaining non-stop! The problem is with poppers is there is no filter for the tobacco. Most people don't use their best bongs because it dirties real easy, but if you don't use something to filter it correctly the stimulants and appetite suppressant are gonna work twice as good without the sponge. If you think about it it's raw tobacco being POPPED down a tube so you inhale all of it so fast that there's no possible way that the smoke couldn't enter your esophagus and stomach; which can also make you crave worse! I could go on and on they're horrible and i quit last month and feel so much better!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. I've lost 65 pounds by the way and finding it extremely hard to gain it back! I quit because i lost weight so slowly that i thought it was natural so when I started seeing ribs i quit lmfao!

11. I lost 60 pounds since I started poppers. Whenever I was hungry I would take a popper. Highly don't recommend this though

12. Weed definitely keeps me thin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Am i the only one who thought about other stuff when read "popper"?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. When i read popper, i they meant the jalapeno kind

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. bong rips give you tight abs b/c you cough a lot harder

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Catherinekattkatie, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    No way...

17. My friends who is heavy set lost 30 pounds in a month from doing this, every time she would get hungry she would take a popper and it worked I guess so ya it really does work.

18. Tobacco = appetite suppressant

Cannabis = increased metabolism

I lost 60 lbs after smoking cigs and weed ( separate)

Still vape nicotine but haven't had tobacco in 10 months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. You can only lose massive weight if you started off a massive whale.

Hit the beach fatties. Weed and tobacco won't stand up for you!

• Like Like x 2
  20. YES IT DOES!!' 10000% I'm 20 pounds under weight from poppers!! Smoking a dart is not the same as taking a popper or rocker!!! Their so addictive too. I'm struggling really hard to gain weight. So anyone that says it bullshit, can't say shit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1