How do you remove rosin wax off heat plates on press I got to return a200$ press it broke

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Deleted member 923969, Apr 27, 2020.

1. I got a heat press off amazon it broke and need to remove any rosin on heating plates so I can return it I don't have the original package or instructions but from what I read all you need to do is request a return on it and they'll send a return label and or package. Anybody ever return things on Amazon without original package plus without instruction papers for their press under 30 days from receiving said item and get a replacement or money back my anxiety is getting the best of me I think I lost out on 200$

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. if its broken and its being returned. why do you need to clean it?

3. Well if it's getting sent in mail with drug residue on it might not be smart I figured best thing to do is remove any paraphernalia

4. Only thing I can think of is to try using my hair straightener and place the ceramic heating hair straightener part on the heating element on the press to heat that up and scrap off rosin with a crumpled up parchment paper any better ideas let me know....

5. Won't it come off with ISO? If you soak a rag in ISO you should be able to rub it off.
    Have you called Amazon ? They are very nice. They will tell you what to do .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I bought it from a third party seller on Amazon and it is telling me I got to wait up to 2days until seller must respond if they do not respond I am allowed to file a claim. Never had to return anything in my life online. Lol I feel like a noob...

7. Well I got screwed outta all my money they offered a 20$reimbursement for my trouble but wouldn't even replace my item even though when I worded it asking for replacement or refund I made sure not to mention it ever got used I just said I never got to use it that it was junk upon arrizal. So now I filed a claim and contacted amazon this is some baby back bullshit man freaking now I got a junk press that ain't worth nothing now. Fml

8. Contacted amazon they are gonna make them refund me or amazon will open up a lawsuit to get the money back apparently they offered a 20$refund on top of pictures on components on the inside telling me to take it apart and look at it well it gave me an electrical shock and I told Amazon that and they read the transcript of the seller trying to con me and are very livid with them and said ill get my money back they'll make sure of that so sounds like it may be a decent day after all.

9. Follow up to my ordeal not that anybody cares anyhoot I just now about ten minutes ago was given a full refund and told to keep the press. So now I can turn it into a burger press while I order a new rosin heat press. Lesson learned buy a much better heat press this time and don't ever accept a partial refund as it is not ok to con people out of money by selling a cheap Chinese made knock off brand that breaks down after 1week.

• Like Like x 2
  10. That is really great news that Amazon went to bat for you.
    They have always been great when I've needed to call them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What type of press? Any pics so others could avoided buying the same type. What part of It broke.
    I’ll bet you can get it to work maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. #12 Deleted member 923969, May 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020

Attached Files:

13. Pics a bit blurry I use tape over my device anyhoot in the pic I'm holding the heating element that's detached from upper plate

14. I got a new press that last about 2weeks called a rosineer the pin on the handle snapped off and won't press now any recommendations for a good expensive heat press I'm returning this press and gonna order me a 3rd different heat press I need something strong any suggestions is appreciated people.

15. Looks like you got a dulytek or something similar, I was looking at those when researching rosin presses and deemed it just wasn't worth the money especially without the ability to add more pressure than pushing the handle down and thats that. I ended up going with the 4 ton dabpress, for my needs of pressing 3.5 g or less at a time (I usually do 1 g presses because I get the best yield) and it is a hyrdraulic press so I can manually add more pressure by cranking the handle more. I got it for $369, but looks like they are currently out of stock. They do have the 6 ton in stock though for a bit more if you wanted to press a bit more at a time: Personal Rosin Press Including 6-Ton Bottle Jack & 3x5" Heated Platens