How Do I Recover Wax Out Of My Oil Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by mjw4200, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Not worth smoking. I got over a gram of reclaim from one of my rigs, smoked it all in a few dabs and ended up barely baked with a huge headache.

2. That's why you cook with it

3. That's sweet I'll have to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I use 99% iso and shake it in my rig till all the claim dissolves. You might have to do a few washes depending on how much resin is left in it. Then just filter the iso through coffee filters and let it evaporate over low heat, and I re-vac purge mine for edibles. I wouldn't smoke it though, tastes nasty.

5. #25 Exhazer, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Couldn't you just use like hot water? wouldn't the oil separate from the water? then just some how grab it from there....my only concern though with that is the water not fully getting the all reclaim off the walls....I don't know, probably not a good idea.

6. This works! If you have an old cookie sheet, drill some holes on one side then you can pour out the water and tilt it slightly, the bigger chunks will stick to the sheet while the water drains out.

With out ISO I wouldn't consider smoking it though. Since it was submerged in water for a while it could have molded

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Yeah i did think about the mold thing, then thought about how old my water actualy was lol. then i just put like 1/4 of a shot glass worth of ISO and mixed it up for a few minutes then evaporated it on a heating pad. got almost a gram....ii dont think about changing my water at all cause it stays clear lol. 

8. Props to you for promoting BudderBlocks 👍

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I put roughly 7-10 grams a week through my rig. I clean it every Thursday before going to the dispensary... I never fuck with reclaim. Quality >>> Quantity.

10. So you purposfully throw away activated oil that is perfect for edibles? No one is saying smoke it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'm not trying to use reclaim to make my edibles lol. Nothing about that sounds good.

12. #32 Jimmy Carter, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Nothing about you sounds educated

13. Then educate us ohh great one in why reclaim is bad for edibles

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Guys reclaim is not resin its reclaimed oil it is awesome if done right and up to 70 percent potency and I find it doesn't taste that bad its good to have as back up remember if you are only smoking concentrates out of your rig (no plant ) then that's great stuff in there refine your tech I have it down pat now and I love it I smoke about 2 gs of honey or qwiso then reclaim its great and gets you super high

15. #35 DabsOnTheMountain, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    I thought i was the only one smoking claim... 

If you dab at the right temps it's just condensed oil after all. It's just that i always alternate what i do with my claim washes, one is for edibles, one for dabbing. I don't think id like the taste of the rereclaim. I'll avoid dabbing what i already dabbed twice.

Unless you can vac purge let it sit for at least 24 hrs to dab. More time is better. I let mine sit right over a heater where its around 80-90 degrees for two days minimum. I treat it like making qwiso.

16. . I dab it its fine I have not yet put it in a brownie I heard its good for edibles because it is already heat treated

17. Reclaim is decarboxylated, so it doesn't need to bind to fats to be psychoactive when ingested. After reclaiming with Everclear and allowing the alcohol to evaporate off, I put the reclaim into cellulose capsules, swallow one or two, and get very, very medicated.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. Wrong, mixing it with a fatty substance like cooking oils or butter is so your body has time to properly digest it. If you just eat straight oil your body will pass it through the system to fast to get the full effects

19. Correct. 

The nice thing about reclaim is you don't really have to cook it. It's already activated. It just needs a little bit of warmth and time to absorb into the fat. I mix it into peanut butter, then let it sit on a stovetop on as low as it goes until it bubbles a little, mix it and then let it sit overnight. Then i eat it the next day around noon after not eating breakfast or anything the night before. I end up so high i have to go to bed every time. And i have a very high tolerance.

I want to make a tincture using reclaim but definitely want alcohol as an astringent and binder, do you suggest mixing it with both?