How do I adapt my smoking habits to a vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CrazyChester, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Excuse my igonrance as this is really elementary to all of you I guess, but to me it's totally new and I have some 'stupid' questions I hope you care to answer.

I use a small amount of weed to relax every evening. Mostly alone. I've got a small tent and am just able to grow one plant in it so I try to use the outcome economically enough. Have allways smoked it in a pipe. Mix in a small amount of tobacco to get more of an even burn. As I use an ordinary pipe I allways know what's left after my two small hits. If there's more left I just cover the pipe to strangle the burning and later I can re-light.

Today I ordered a DaVinci IQ2 as it seems like a better alternative when it comes to avoiding harmful smoke but I've never tested a vaporizer before so when it arrives it will be my very first experience.

I'm wondering about some (for most of you) obvious things:

1. Do you allways use all of the applied dose in one smoking 'session'? That is, what happens if you take a deep zip and then turn the vaporizer off? Is it possible to 're-light' it as I do with my pipe and smoke the rest in a later session?

2. Connected to the same subject as I naturally see the option of just put in the amount you need for the single zip and just smoke it to ashes? But seeing some clips of usage it seems like the instructors allways fill the chamber up (in the IQ2 those small cheramic baskets) so is that mandatory or is it ok just to fill it halfways instead?

Probably 'idiot' questions to most of you but as I don't have any experienced user to ask, and I canät find any answers elsewhere, I hope you will bother to enlighten me. I'm curious and would really want to know before my first try next week. And it's all to adapt to my single small use without wasting any of my small stashes.

My best.

• Like Like x 1
  2. the idea is to use as the least possible for reaching desired effects .. you will get much better delivery of the medical compounds with a vape ... smoke heats them so much , disfigures them and kills a lot of viable medicine ... smoke too however is a form of vaporization ... the heated cinder heat releases nearby phyochemicals into an aerosol the same way that a heater in a vape does it albeit much dirtier .
    so onto vapes ... you can use cotton to fill over sized chambers that need a lot of weed in there to make it work ... some vapes you can just half fill the chamber and they still work fine ... avoid tamping down the weed into a hard puck ... loose packs serve to better the experience .. a loose pack will harden when being vaped ... it basically forms into a ball in the middle and the heated air being moved through the vape via you air assistance will try and make it into the center of the bl with resistance of course ... once you have effectively vaped all there is to vape in that amount of weed the vapor will let up and will taste life coffee a little bit .
    you can gauge vapor amount via breathing into light and you can visibly see what vapor is coming out . your first few hits will be flavor city and will deliver more medicine those first few pulls than the entire load ...
    start out around 350 to 370 F ... hit it some at that temp and then temp bump upwards 10 degrees and then hit it some at that temp ... you will find the higher temps release more compounds . there are charts and such showing Vaporization temperatures Vaporization temperatures at DuckDuckGo
    as to your onw question too - you can load a full pack and use a llow heat setting and then stop the session mid way if you are good from that ... come back later and finish the session via upping the temp . some people use the low temp during daytime and then higher temps at night for more sedative effects.
    you can too use a water piece ( Bubbler) and vape through water like a bong ... this allows you to use the highest heat possible on the vape and not suffer throat harshness .
    check out Fuckcombustion - FC Vaporizer Review Forum
    wall uh text holy Hell man

edit- if using cotton use it above the weed so as to form a sort of filter too ... this allows the weed to be as near as possible to the heater too while in the herb chamber ... I've used the original davinci vape ( 5 of them actually over time) and have no experience with their other vapes . I now exclusively use Fury vapes ( Fury Edge)

edit 2 - save all your vape remains and later make edibles with or smoke . there is no way possible to get all there is in the plant fibers witha vape ... there is always some left over goodies in there... the higher the heat the less will remain

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Vee, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    1. Do you allways use all of the applied dose in one smoking 'session'? That is, what happens if you take a deep zip and then turn the vaporizer off? Is it possible to 're-light' it as I do with my pipe and smoke the rest in a later session?

A: No but the weed amount is so small about a thumb nail its no issue, but yes re toke it if you want ...no biggy!

2. Connected to the same subject as I naturally see the option of just put in the amount you need for the single zip and just smoke it to ashes? But seeing some clips of usage it seems like the instructors allways fill the chamber up (in the IQ2 those small cheramic baskets) so is that mandatory or is it ok just to fill it halfways instead?

A:You'd be a fool not too ...see A above about a thuimb nail my DaVinci Ver 1 can hold, its the only dis about it

Probably 'idiot' questions to most of you but as I don't have any experienced user to ask, and I canät find any answers elsewhere, I hope you will bother to enlighten me. I'm curious and would really want to know before my first try next week. And it's all to adapt to my single small use without wasting any of my small stashes.

A: its totally amazing how little you use, but at the same time, I watch movies toking my vape the load ops and unloading (use of vape) is so automatic now I forget how stoned I am ...but first I check on the amount of used weed I have in my 'used jar', before getting up outta my lazyboy ....lol
    many times I have falling down ....overdosed while watching movies
    ......another night in the lazy boy ...lol

you may need 3-4 plants but test it first

good luck

• Like Like x 3
  4. Well, let's say I've had a load of more 'heavy' years in the past ;). But over here weed was rather rare from the 70'ties and forward, but a bit more common now. Back then it was a couple of chillums with heave hh each evening so the specific experience of being a bit aroused pver the top ;) isn't news to me so to speak. But it really IS a drug you don't need to increase doses to be satisfied. When lighting on before some nice hockey game or so in the evening it hits even if I take a little zip. And then another one some two hours later or so. That is a good thing and daytime normally goes fine without any - if it isn't some special occation of some kind :).

From the single plant I harvested some weeks ago I got a bit over 1 ounce of buds. It took about 21 weeks from seed to harvest and I have 4 more seeds. The reason I'm limited is that I only have one good spot in my house to use and I can't use any tent bigger than the one I have. It's good for one plant to grow. Here's some pics from my very first attempt to grow my own

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd be outta that clay pot very quick as often they are a cause of serious nute burn but you have done well,

keep in mind it takes at least an autoflower 2-3 weeks under a small 25w cfl from seed, before its big enough to put under your main light

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank's a lot. I'm pleased even if I didn't get those impressvie dense buds you can see in YT-clips. It's nice enough. Perhaps I can get denser buds next time, even if I really don't know in what aspect I would change anything.

It is actually a aquare fabric pot and the wooden ring above is mounted to be able to attach small nails to LST wiring.

The seed are not autoflower just females. As I have to keep everything in my 'secret' tent I just have one lamp and I adjust light with distance.

7. to get them trics you need a grunty light ..
    at best l leave a temp gauge at top most leaf height and adjust the lamp to suit 25c/77f for 30mins

but look around here many guys blow a lot on lighting

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice info over all, and I guess my control question would be 'NO' but as I'm a bit confused why I'll have to ask: So this cotton will not at all be 'burned' to some sticky unpleasant left-over after the vaporing session? Will it remain 'ordinary' cotton despite the heat genereated (and I have noted it's above the weed)?

9. as vaporizers only heat up to a heat point that's less than combustion temp there is no burning ... the cotton will absorb the vapor resin and accumulate accordingly as to how much vapor you pull through it per session... after your session is done the cotton will be Sticky with vapor resin oil ... this is like honey oil and very potent . do not trow away or discard it ... comparing to smoke resin, vape reclaim is night and day difference because smoke has all the tar in it and that accumulates into smoke resin tar like in a bong ETC...
    generally for most vapes you load your ground herb into the herb chamber ... then the cotton sits on top of that . as mentioned this serves to filter it somewhat and can reduce the amount of herb needed ... look into the Fury 2 WPA ... I use that exclusively in the fury vapes and it holds such a little amount of weed it is great for making it go further ... Fury 2 glass attachments at DuckDuckGo

• Like Like x 1
  10. A conduction vape will cook all your weed you load up even if you only actually take a hit or two. I don't always want to smoke a whole bowl at once and like to be able to just take a hit whenever so this was a problem I had with my first vape. So I got a full convection vape which since getting it's totally replaced my old one. Convection tends to run up the price though.

For your 2nd question it will depend on the vape but usually loading up a full bowl will give you a better experience with better hits, flavor, etc

• Like Like x 2
  11. My autos go into hydro under the main light (raised high) as soon as they sprout.