Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Homemade Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by OldUR, Nov 26, 2020.

1. #1 OldUR, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Searching GC for peanut butter recipes, all I could find was firecracker stuff. So, I'm guessing that not too many have actually made infused peanut butter from scratch. After looking at many online base recipes, I settled on one from Alton Brown. Super easy. I scaled it down a bit because of the small food processor we have.

Ingredients:
    10 oz peanuts (shelled, skinned, roasted)
    2/3 tsp salt
    1 tsp honey
    1 tbs MCT oil

Mix the peanuts, salt and honey in a food processor for one minute.
    Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
    Mix for another couple of minutes while drizzling in the oil.
    Continue mixing until you reach a consistency you like.

My special ingredients:
    The teaspoon of honey was infused with decarbed Green Fire
    The tablespoon of oil was infused with decarbed Chocolate Diesel
    Both were QWET extractions with most of the alcohol evaporated off before infusion.
    Infusion was done on a coffee cup warmer for a couple hours with occasional stirring
    The time on the hot plate evaporates any remaining alcohol. What’s left is only the infused oil or honey. Both were very potent infusions.

The taste is great, but still not sure about dosing potency. I'll report back later, but that's something that anyone could adjust to their liking by the strength and method of their extraction/infusion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here's an easier version, which can be scaled up or down by any factor.
    It won't be as tasty, but it's very easy to make.
    Any oily material, like nut butter, melted chocolate chips, or nutella can be used.
    Or the oil of any box mix can be infused.
    Keep track of herb used and total weights involved.
    Each gram of decarbed herb powder used will supply about 160 mg thc to the finished product.
    It might not taste good, depending on herb to other ingredients ratio, and what the other ingredients are.

Decarb herb @ 240 F for 40 min, grind to fine powder.
    Mix together the following ingredients, then bake at 220 F for 20-60 min. 60 is slightly sleepier than 20.
    (1 g Decarbed Herb Powder) + (14 g Oily Stuff) + (1 g Lecithin) = 4*(4 g servings of about 40 mg thc each)

Effectively this can be called "firecracker spread."

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’ve not been good about getting back to this thread. My wife and I have been enjoying this peanut butter on other infused treats (chocolates, brownies, cookies . . .) but hadn’t tried it by itself. Now we can report on the actual effectiveness. I took two non-infused chocolate chip cookies and made a peanut butter sandwich. About 1/4” spread between the two 2” cookies. It was a great tasting dessert and a healthy dose. This is my new favorite infusion! So many ways to use it. If you love peanut butter, your imagination is the only limit.

4. That really looks good and an excellent way to dose. That's what I'm looking for more and more these days, things that you can make a variety of easy single servings depending on your mood. It's just a darn same I hate peanut butter. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peanut butter and jelly?
    Peanut butter and bacon?
    Peanut butter and chocolate?
    The list is endless.
    But I guess we all have our preferences.

My latest favorite is a peanut butter, bacon and maple syrup sandwiched between two waffles.
    I'll give it a five lick rating!
    :yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 OldUR, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Not many views here, but this is my new go to edible. Made another batch. Same recipe as above except for dropping the salt to 1/2 tsp and going with non infused raw honey. Also, the MCT oil was made from a new reduced QWET tincture. The cannabis in the tincture was from homegrown Bruce Banner. Had no idea of dosage, but based on the other batch, my wife ate a teaspoon. I probably had two teaspoons worth with licking all the utensils clean. Both smaller amounts than dosed in the past. Wife was ripped, but somewhat functional. Me, serious couch lock, but in a good way. Did not expect this level of potency. Guess I did something right as a new grower.

Gave the jar to a close friend as a xmas gift with a serious warning to go easy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. No peanut butter at all or even other nut butters. The texture I guess. I have starved when there was peanut butter available. :confused_2:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Going through this stuff too fast. Made a fresh batch yesterday. Used maple syrup instead of honey. Same Bruce Banner infused MCT oil. Same potency and very little change in taste.

9. Made brownies with infused bacon fat instead of butter. Swirled a dab of infused peanut butter into each brownie. Looking forward to trying these tonight.
    upload_2021-1-4_10-0-40.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Everything goes better with BACON !!!
    :)

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1