HLG 65 4000K Start to Finish

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Stunnawis, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Hey dude.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was researching the HLG65 and came across your journal.

I ended up buying a 70w Quantum board. I have it in a Mars Tent (2x2).

Cheese clone Day 28 of flower stage.

20190210_101411.jpg 20190210_101419.jpg 20190210_101424.jpg 20190210_101429.jpg 20190210_101448.jpg 20190210_101454.jpg

How about an update?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I started with just the 4000K and added the 3000K when she went into flower. I kept both on for the remainder of the grow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice mann!! Turned out great!! Thanks for recording that for us.. shit looks crazii fat lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. About 30cm.

Pic from today:

[​IMG]

5. The HLG 65 recommends 12-18 inches. I have mine at 18 in early veg and then slowly move it down until the plants say WHOA! Lol. I am not sure about the HLG100. Jxallen will have to answer that one.

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

6. I keep mine around 24" during veg and into pre-flower stretch. I get a good height/internode distance at that height. In flower it's around 8-12" from the tops. Keeping them at 18-12" while the plant is growing will keep them short. I prefer larger plants, so I allow them to stretch more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You allow the stretch cause you like larger taller plants , but how long do u veg for??

8. With auto's, as long as they will veg for.

9. Good to know! Makes sense. The first 2 rounds of autos(2 each), I started about 22 inches first 2 weeks and slowly moved down. My most current round of 2 Fantasmo Expresses were started under my old light for first 2 weeks and are now under the HLG65 at 18 inches. They definitely seem to be off to a much better start(heighth-wise), so maybe I've had the QBs a lil too close. Lol.

The Hubbabubba I just chopped and my 2 Hubbabubbas that I started under the QBs are 60 days old all are/were 11 inches tall(think there were a few reasons that helped stunt them a lil). My 2 Fantasmos are 22 days old and 8.5 inches tall. Long story short...thanks for the tip JXAllen...may be I can get some taller Autos going! Lol

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ohh okay yea with autos nodobt lol..

How about if they were photos??

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've only flowered autos under the HLGs so far. The photos I've flowered were grown under a Chinese blurple. But as a rough estimate, I'd say veg to about half the plant size you want to finish with. But every plant is different, especially from seed. So some may stretch more than others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yes of course.. okay i just thought u had a set time u vegged ur photos for, thanks bud

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine is hanging at 18 inches and the leave edges are pointed up on think this is some sort of stress,if I lower the light i might just fry the plant.

14. Mine is showing signs of stress at about 45cm above cm above, leave edges are curling up, I have the same light as you .70w growopz?

15. Yeah QB70 growopz. I dont think its heat/light stress then. Post some pics. Whats your EC/PH?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looks great. I have the original qb120 thread on GC. Really early on one of the members here did a crop in a small space with just one board like yours. He got 4oz's. That's the best I've seen with a single board. It was also a 4k.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wow.. & with a 4k.. amazing