Historical White Privilege/Culture & Systemic Racism Collide with 21st Century Equality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChiefRunningPhist, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Kim Potter is most like...

1. Betty Shelby

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Amber Guyger

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thank you and that's mighty white of you comrade. we're making progress! i suggest that we're done here for this back and forth. it's not very helpful to your cause.

2. I’ve no “cause” Comrade. It isn’t me that’s on this forum 24/7 trying to demean the likes of BLM and other groups.

Sone blades seem to have nothing better to do with their time than digging up dirt on their fellow Americans and trying to tarnish their attempts to fight for justice. I wonder what these very same blades would have being doing/saying during the civil rights movement in the 60’s? I’d imagine that Martin Luthier King and his fellow activists would have demonised as well.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. So you figure you can compare BLM with MLK?

Jeez.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I lost my white privilege card when I went in the Army and never got it back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

5. well, if what you say is accurate at least i'm only criticizing the citizens in my own country vs taking aim at citizens of a country other than my own such as what you enjoy getting paid to do. i'm honest about who i am and what i value vs being duplicitous and hypocritical and trying to paint myself as something that i'm not such as "some blades".

you're obsessed with americans and we know you're not allowed to travel here so naturally a weak mind would promote jealousy and vitriol. dont you think your efforts would be better served trying to make your own home a better place for people of color or for the disenfranchised?

this thread used to be about BLM, now it's all about something else. tsk, tsk. give yourself a rest mate.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Whether the media is covering protesting or not it still is going on. The biggest problem is that instead of helping our brothers and sisters no matter the color. We spend time criticizing every move they make, every trash can turned over. The lack of empathy for another human is pretty sick.

Fuck that 82 year old millionaire who fucking cares about her? The police forces across America are playing with robot dogs and drones and shit lol. I have run into many good cops and maybe one or two rude ones. Fact still remains that I don’t need a sheriff pulling me over on a Texas highway, they need to be defunded and split up.

poverty exists in the Appalachian mountains and Chicago or Compton. We are literally ALL dealing with the same thing where poverty is concerned.

people on this thread post an article or a quote and try to dunk on the pain and protest of American people every single day cause some bitch bought a mansion. You find that funny? I don’t get the point. Why are you all afraid to talk about the REAL problems?

“There will be no highlights on the eleven o'clock
    news and no pictures of hairy armed women
    liberationists and Jackie Onassis blowing her nose.
    The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb,
    Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Englebert Humperdink, or the Rare Earth.
    The revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be right back after a message
    bout a white tornado, white lightning, or white people.
    You will not have to worry about a dove in your
    bedroom, a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl.
    The revolution will not go better with Coke.
    The revolution will not fight the germs that may cause bad breath.
    The revolution will put you in the driver's seat.”

• Like Like x 2
  7. last part first, the pointing out of the recent purchases by patrisse cullors speaks to the hypocrisy that some civil rights leaders build their platforms on. they live a high quality of life through making money highlighting the disenfranchisement of others. and specific to patrisse cullors and her BLM organization there are numerous news stories quoting BLM supporters questioning their motives and what the organization is actually accomplishing to lift up the disenfranchised with the tens of millions of $'s that has been collected in the disenfranchised honor. it's shameful.

there's no harm in peacefully protesting.

there definitely exist a problem with cops in some areas. an,unarmed white dude was shot in portland over the weekend and the police declared a riot after the protestors started lighting the town on fire. that's not peaceful protesting. so, i agree there are systemic problems within some leo organizations that will affect any of us if we encounter leo but there are better ways to change that than burning down the neighborhood grocery store or by shooting cops.

protest all you want but dont burn the neighborhood down.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No, and I didn’t.

What I said was that the likes of Possum and yourself would have been demonising MLK and his likes during the Civil Rights movement in the 60’s.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. More whataboutery nonsense.

I’m voicing support for Americans that are being discriminated and brutalised by the American state.

You see that as an attack on yourself because you support the US state in it’s actions and spend your days on here demonising those that oppose the discrimination.

If anyone is anti American it is you Comrade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. :rolleyes: . :laughing:. "whataboutery" lol.

i was a tenager during the 60's. i cannot recall ever being in the presence of anyone that had a bad thing to say about MLK, not even once.

is what you declared about me above an example of "whataboutery" in use :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  11. #1371 SmokinP, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    No, the comment on whataboutery is regarding the usual nonsense you post about “hating America/Americans”.

It is you who despises a huge section of American society. It’s pathetic really and I’m sure similar to the nonsense that was spewed about MLK in his hay day.

“According to an early 1968 Harris Poll, the man whose half-century of martyrdom we celebrate this week died with a public disapproval rating of nearly 75 percent, a figure shocking in its own day and still striking even in today’s highly polarized political climate.”

Even Though He Is Revered Today, MLK Was Widely Disliked by the American Public When He Was Killed | History | Smithsonian Magazine

When Martin Luther King was accused of inciting violence

• Like Like x 1
  12. No justice no peace brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. whataboutery. why don't you give it a rest? "what about this, what about that", whataboutery. whatever is going on in the US or your own country isn't about me. i'm a grey man. you wouldn't notice me in a crowd. i'm a chameleon. i am certainly no poster child for the "all american". fuck man, i'm an outlaw.

let's talk about Historical White Privilege.

14. in many regards and for many victims i agree.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I don't think MLK would like the BLM. MLK was against violence, he realized when you change a person's heart using reason and empathy you've won and trying to change hearts by violence only breeds resentment and hatred instead. I think the problem is that BLM has been told they are doing the right thing so they don't have a pesky conscience to get in the way plus engaging in violence with friends is more fun than turning the other cheek and a hell of a lot more exciting. It should be no surprise when they don't have a valid cause to protest they look for any cause at all.

Famous Quotes | Martin Luther King Program at WSU

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Just the fact that that you’re putting BLM in the same league as Dr King shows me what you’re about.

What do you think he would have said about the $3+ Billion $$ in damage to businesses over the summer during the “mostly peaceful” riots (protests)? What do you think he would have said about throwing Molotov cocktails at the police? What do you think he would have said about the looting, the burning of businesses?

What do you think he would have said about their language condemning America’s "Western-prescribed nuclear family structure." on their now-removed “What We Believe” page on their website?

BLM is scum. MLK was not.

Just know that what you think means absolutely nothing to me.

j

• Like Like x 3
  17. I’d imagine that he would have looked at you with pity and sadness like he did at his critics at the time.

The exact same things you say about BLM were said about MLK. I bet if we were back in the 60’s now you’d be spewing the very same bile about MLK.

When Martin Luther King was accused of inciting violence

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Excellent.

19. I knew you wouldn’t answer my questions though.

I tried to pick some easy ones for you, too.

j

20. Because it’s nonsense. Look at how many cases have been thrown out of court or dropped by the state. Most of the arrests made at the protests were unjustified and mainly an overreaction by the police who seem incapable of policing any protest without going Rambo.

I’m sure MLK would have been capable like anyone who looks at these protests with an open mind that many of the crimes you have detailed were not carried out by BLM supporters but rather by opportunists who took advantage of the protests to carry out their criminal endeavours.

I think you summed up exactly where you’re coming from with your description of BLM as scum.

• Like Like x 3