High potency, low cbd strain for daytime?

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by mikelowry, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Anyone recommend a high potency strain with a high yield that gets u high as a kite but low cbd levels so I don't get couchlocked and lazy? I work outside and have pretty physical job so something that's good for waking and baking but less of a hangover when coming down. Smell and bag appeal would be nice but not mandatory.

2. look for a nice sativa

3. Cinderella 99 is what you need

4. Acapulco gold.

5. Any high sativa strain would do as above users said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ^^^^^ This.

7. I would try the Pure Power Plant from Dutch Seeds. It is 70% sativa and 30% Indica and has a "extremely high" THC rating (rated THC 23%, I have had mine tested at 25.2% THC grown in soil) and as for the CBD's, that is a matter of timing your harvest.
    It also produces about 600-700 grams per meter squared.

8. Thanks for the info shiva & moontoc! I was checking out those strains on attitude. They definitely interest me. I'm also interested in jillybean, morning glory, Kali Mist, and dr. Greenspoon even though the later 2 take a few extra weeks to bloom and aren't high yeilding but they are worth it. Anyone have reports on those 4?

9. You are confusing CDB and CBD.

10. Why would you want less CBD lol? CBD is determined genetically. If you time your harvest late THC degrades into CBN and that is what gives you that couch-lock "fake" high effect.

You WANT CBD as it has absolutely wonderful medical benefits and balances out the anxiety/paranoia levels possible when high

11. Forgive my humble mind for being stoned out of its gourd, zonked, inside out, bigger than my head and downright numb. I have been sampling my own Pure Power Plant. LOL. LOL. MWAHAHAHA!
    Ahem. I do make errors from time to time. Thank you for correcting me MfBaker.
    LOL, M, F, Baker... giggle, giggle,...

12. id go for the dr.grinspoon, also green crack is an indica that provides a nice up high.

13. Jack Herer, Green Crack, Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Cat Piss, Snow Cap, Purple Diesel, Pure Power Plant, Super Green Crack, Super Sour Diesel, Super Cat Piss.. Do I need to continue?

14. Bomb seeds THC bomb....you cant always go by the seed banks description but here it is.........I am growing it now but still 2 and a half weeks away from flip,I can let you know in about 3 months what it's really like.....

Bomb Seeds THC Bomb THC Bomb, original signature strain, has created rave reviews around the world. This unique mixture of giant, rock-hard buds with explosive THC levels make it one for commercial growers and connoisseurs alike. Like Big Bud, the harvest will be massive coupled with the power and strength of white strains. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant grows with extreme vigour and strength while staying relatively short and finishing very fast for such a large yielder. Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed! Type: Indica/Sativa Mix Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor Plant Height: Short (65-90cm) Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks THC: Very High (20-25%) Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²) Effect: Strong, all round buzz

15. any bud harvested earlier when less trichomes are amber and more of cloudy giving you the no hangover high and the giggles and smiles! i took a bong rip yesterday of shit i cured like this , had me on my balcony not able to hold my smile back lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is the thread I need to reread tomorrow you guys rock

17. I know what you mean, four years later. My metabolism doesn't handle CBD very well. A little like lactose-intolerance.
    • A clear-headed "elevated" sativa high.
    • Kicks in quickly instead of waiting for 45 minutes then putting me to sleep.
    • No pot nap, no oatmeal-brain, no headache or hangover.
    • Maybe it doesn't last for four hours, but it's an 'up', not a 'down'.

For high THC and very low CBD and no compulsory pot naps), I like:
    • some Super Silver Haze varieties (every harvest I buy is wildly different)
    • Jilly Bean
    • maybe: Cotton Candy, Cinderella 99, Space Queen, Brainstorm Haze, Willy Wonka.
    I would love to know if others disagree with any of those.

(For Super Silver Have, I had to try 7 times before I got a great one. I'm up to 18 purchases now, and only 3 were great and light. The other alleged "Super Silver Haze" chemotypes were all over the map. When I start growing for meds, I'll have to shop around for clones (if I'm so ambitious as to grow SSH. The yield is probably low, it takes forever to flower, and if you harvest a little too late (I assume): BOOM, too much CBD.)

Varieties with almost too much CBD, but more like "potent" than "sleepy-dopey":
    • Chernobyl (I would not call it "clear-headed", but POW and ZOOM)
    • Lemon Sour Diesel (trippiest, not clear-headed)
    • Blue Dream (dreamy, not drowsy)
    Varieties that I think are energizing and fairly clear-headed:
    • Green Crack
    • AK-47

18. Its all about when you pick your plant

• Agree Agree x 1