Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Theboss75, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Hello,
    Trying to help out a friend of mine to make coconut oil gummies with extra CBD added.
    When made gummies today the mixture did not stay mixed. It separated leaving the oil on top..
    Please HELP

2. As my wife constantly reminds me
    Cooking IS Rocket Science.
    Altering anything in a recipe changes the dynamics and your results will be unpredictable.
    To avoid wasting herb always make a herb free batch to make sure your altered recipe will work as intended. Then make your "Hot" batch of Cannabis material and fire away.
    I can help you make a wickedly strong Canna oil but I know exactly ZERO when it comes to baking.

Slide over to Psams Tincture thread and ask for help. A fair bunch of Food oriented Cooks there can help you dial in your Gummies.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Did you use lecithin?

4. Yes

5. I think that she used way too much coconut oil, but I not 100%, but the end result was very oily and separated..

6. Well, that's about my limit on knowledge about gummies with oil. You used coconut oil or MCT? I've heard of MCT causing issues. I guess too much oil would do it, too. I have better luck with using tincture in my gummies. I've used oil twice for gummies with a 50% success rate for that separation. There are successful gummy makers here that hopefully will speak up but unfortunately, I'm not one of them for gummies. Sorry. :confused_2:

7. Ok well thank you

8. I'll be watching. I want to know, too. I've also heard that sunflower lecithin is better than soy for this kind of item, having something to do with the way they bond. One is better for oil in water mixtures and the other is better for water in oil mixes. Don't ask me which is which.

Have you guys made gummies before that didn't separate? :huh: