Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Help!! Tincture (MBO)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Nursenuggins, Aug 19, 2020.

1. We got a magic butter machine and used their recipe...
    1/2 oz decarbed bud
    2c everclear
    4hr @130*
    After the tincture is made we had roughly 2c green tincture. Recipe says to reduce 30 min with a gentle simmer using 1c of tincture, by 20 minutes it was practically black and only a tablespoon was left. We used that tbsp and the recipe called for 4 boxes jello so there was a lot of gelatin mixture compared to the MBO. They taste great and set well, but they're not as concentrated as we had hoped for.
    1. Did I over-reduce the tincture? I feel like our end result should have had more volume to medicate the gummies. I hate the tase of alcohol and these barely have any taste of it.

2. If I increase the amount of everclear during the tincture process, how will that affect quantity and potency?

3. Can I reduce the amount of gelatin so they're more potent? Recipe calls for 12 oz flavored gelatin, 2.5oz unflavored gelatin, 1c juice, 1/2 tbsp extract, 1/4c honey, 1 tbsp citric acid.

(Other facts:)
    1. we only had time to do a 4hr tincture with the MB machine, will definitely do 8 hour from now on.
    2. We used 1/2 oz white widow so bud quality was excellent.

Grateful for any hints, tips, recipes!!

2. Assuming good 15% THC, your 1/2 oz herb had
    THC ~ 0.15*(14,000 mg) = 2100 mg
    If you used half of it, that's 1050 mg thc.
    You can estimate how much thc was used for a dose by estimating the number of doses the 1050 mg would be used for.
    Then divide that number into 1050 to get the thc in 1 dose.
    It's likely that one dose is fairly weak.

You can remove all the alcohol if you want.
    I do remove it all, then replace with oil, and infuse with lecithin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MB machine owner here.

I recently tried their recipe but I messed up.

I used 2oz of trim and 4 cups 190 proof everclear

I got 3cups or 750ml out of it without really doing a good job pressing it.

I overlooked the part about 1 cup tincture and used the whole 3 cups.

Yeah it was a black oil in the pan and once mixed with the red jellitin they turned almost black.

I don't use but the people that tried them describe a heavy weed flavor and 1 of the little cylinder 2-2.5 ml mold gummies will get all smokers there in an hour. 2 knock em out. Half is very strong for lite smokers.

Any questions? [​IMG]

4. Do yourself a favor. Type "Another tincture thread" in the search bar, then open Dragon Lite. It's a freezer method with no hoops to jump through. Thank Psychedelic Sam while you're there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Assuming you decarbed as MBM recommends (250 F for 30 min), the only thing you did wrong was to use too little herb.
    Using 1/2 g 15% THC herb in 2 C Everclear has approximate
    THC ~ 0.15*(14,000 mg) = 2100 mg

You can divide the approximate number of doses into 2100 mg to get the thc per dose.

I own a couple MBMs but rarely use them anymore because grinder+flask+magnetic stirrer is easier, and will work even for tiny amounts of herb.

I doubt that 8 hours in MBM will be noticeably different from 4 hours.
    Everclear190 strips cannabinoids pretty fast.
    Doing 3 separate room temp soaks of 1-2 hours each, followed by straining is what I do instead of MBM.
    MBM heat during extraction might be slightly harmful because the heat will pick up some unwanted things.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I like that math.

So my recipe was 2oz or 8400mg

So at 180 servings it puts it at almost 50mg each

7. Most trim potencies I've seen say it's 40-50% as potent as flower, so your batch is probably less than half as strong as that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1