Help me spend my money!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brellan217, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Alright, so I have no clue what I’m doing... and this stuff is confusing. VA is legalizing on July 1 and I need to get ready to grow this stuff. So I got a 4’x4’x80” and 3’x3’x70” tent. I bought a vipaspectra va2000 and a va1000 for the two tents. But I don’t think those lights are good enough. Or are they?

should I return these lights to buy those quantum board Samsung lights I’ve been reading about? Are they really that much better to justify the extra cost? I think I paid $250 for both lights.

Ok, so I’m assuming now that the answer will be to return the viparspectra lights. Can anyone link me to what I should buy for full spectrum qb lights to fit appropriately in my tent sizes please?

2. Bro just give it a go. Light matters only after you have got a decent grasp on what you are doing. Viperspectra isn’t terrible and isn’t the best either but I have grown with them veg with 600 and flowered with a 1000 in another tent. My results weren’t bad and I was happy. What I’m saying is before you dive in and spend a large amount of money. Get your toes wet try running what you have already.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks, dude. I just don’t like throwing money out. If for something stupid like $100 more I just wonder if I shouldn’t get something different. That way I maybe don’t have to spend even more and throw these lights away once I do have that grasp. Maybe I’m just talking out of my butt due to ignorance, but I really just don’t know what’s right. How much is a proper light for a 4x4?

4. Consider two lights, even if less wattage, for a better light spread.

5. Thanks. I was just looking at maybe doing 4 of these. 2 for each tent. What do you think? HLG 100 Rspec

6. I usually use 3/4 of the wattage for veg than flower. It all depends on why your doing. But like I said starting off a lot to figure out besides lighting. Yeah you can spend the money but on your first grow or two I doubt you see anymore return. Unless you have a green thumb and everything grows. It’s a weed so it will grow in some of the most surprising conditions. Shit I threw out a bag seed by a compressor in the back of my shop. It’s cracked pavement and sure enough. I stumble across a little three tear baby one day. Point being, do whatever you feel is best but from personal experience. Starting off you will run into all kinds of hiccups. It’s part of the game but not until you have a perfect environment and healthy happy plants, will the amount of light for your size grow to really matter. And once again I’m just the stoned guy trying to talk you out of spending the money I already have……

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks a lot for all the info. I ended up calling HLG for help. I returned the blurple lights, and replaced them with a HLG 600 for my 4x4 and a HLG 65w bspec light for my 3x3. The 3x3 is just for vegging a mother plant. I might turn it into something else later and get a 2x2 for mama. But that’s later.

8. Well we're proud of you for ditching the burple.

9. Help spending your money? You're obviously not married.

10. Hahahaha nope, happily divorced. I was broke for a decade of that hell. I don’t know where all this money came from post divorce!