Help! Bugs in mulch. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Biome, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Here’s a pic D0B27EBF-5A59-4DA2-B595-2CF534103402.jpeg
    the little white things
    Using no-till revisited recipe, need spray every few days, please tell me my plants aren’t done for

thanks

2. My “ go to” for any bug problem is Ladybugs. Buy 300 of them on Amazon really cheap and they get to you quickly.

3. I can't see them well.. But,they may just be soil mites. They help break down dead and decaying matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I'd have to agree they look like soil mites to me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’m going to assume they are soil mites as well as that’s what they look like and they can only be found on decaying plant matter,

thank you all :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. If they are only hanging around in the mulch, and you don't see any crawling on the plant then they are most likely composting mites, eating the decaying mulch. In other words, as long as they don't get on your plant I wouldn't worry

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Are they fast moving or slow?

• Like Like x 2
  8. My first thought was aphids. Something is causing damage to your cover crop, I would check for mites and thrips too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lady bugs don’t actually eat very much. Their larvae do all the big eating. I’ve used 3000 in my room for an aphid problem and the aphids won. Not really the best way to get rid of bugs. They’d come close to wiping them out but always left some aphids on plants so there’s food for the larvae

10. #11 astrohammer, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Looks exactly like soil mite orbitides that decompose decaying plant matter.
    The picture all theyre on is the decaying matter, not the live cover crop you have all around,
    Bumping the question asked earlier..Do they move slow?

If yes, then dont worry about it. I love these guys. They eat it, poop it, nutrients.
    tapatalk_1618637680789.jpeg
    Edit: glad to know ya let them live in munching peace

• Like Like x 3
  11. F5A5A84B-A575-4498-B144-0D24D5A1ED9A.jpeg I now have another bug, they are on the white hose. Little black lines that wiggle around very small, any ideas? :eek:

12. yes they move very slow!

13. They are on a soak tape? My guess is springtails, they LOVE water. I wouldnt worry too much. I think you can bury the tape if it bothers you (but make sure that is ok first)

• Like Like x 1