Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help a newbie!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Finnegans88, Apr 8, 2021.

1. I am trying to make cannabutter for the first time and I accidently got a strain (purple dragon) I've never heard of before and I just wanted to make sure it's good for making butter.

2. Hon, it's fine! You can make canna-butter from any strain. :biggrin:

And names mean very little. Growers often slap a fancy name on their "no name" cannabis to help it sell. The "Blue Dream" that you buy at one dispensary (or dealer), may have nothing in common in its genetics, taste or high, with the "Blue Dream' from the dispensary (or dealer) just down the road!

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You might consider using coconut oil instead of butter.........it lasts longer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Extra virgin olive works good too. I was surprised how great it came out, cause I've been using coconut oil for at least 10 years.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks

6. You're welcome! And can I turn you on to a good resource? New January 2021 Granny's List

It has just about anything you want to know about cannabis- a lot of cannabis-related medical studies, and stuff on cannabis cultivation, recipes, history, and there is a section with just news articles that are a good way to start your cannabis education.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  7. My wife takes a 1 mL pill for sleep at night.
    I take two.
    I believe it's completely immaterial to my stomach what exact oil it gets 2 mL of along with the herb.
    All oils work well, and peanut butter does too, because it's half oil.

But some oils might go bad faster.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Any Cooking grade oil from Avocado to Safflower oil all works equally well.
    What Coconut and MCT oil does is hit in half the time.
    Coconut oil gets a free pass through the stomach and speeds to your Liver and gets to skip the 45 minutes with Bile in your stomach to break it down enough to move to the Liver for further processing.

Coconut oil = 45 minutes.
    Everything else = 2 full hours.

Lecithin @ 1/6th oil volume acts to enhance the Bioavailability so you get more bang per mg used.
    2x IME

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks for the info it makes sence

10. #10 Bisco Hibbagelos, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    That's why the onset seems slower
    Thanks

11. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 160 micron dry ice Kief.

[​IMG]

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams decarbed Kief or Hash or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Bud 1 drop = 1 mg
    Kief 1 drop = 3mg
    Rosin 1 drop =6mg

A single zero (0) capsule holds 25 drops. What is pictured.

25mg with bud dust
    75mg with Kief-Hash.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1