Hedge Hoggs??

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Dizzy, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Do anyone on GC ever Had one of these for a Pet? I always Wanted one tbh an im Seriously Consider Getting one of the Spiny Little Guys. Can someone Tell me what they Eat as well Please?

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I don't have anything to add but this XXS6AKt.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. All I know about hedgehogs is that they are delicious.

upload_2020-6-17_15-51-57.jpeg upload_2020-6-17_15-51-57.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. If I do get one for a Pet ima Name Him Sonic as well! :cool::coolalt::biggrin:

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. @Frasier Tagging you in here because I Know you Have a lot of Knowledge about Animals...I Was J/W if you Could Help me Please. It Ok if you don't Know but I Just Figure you Might. :)

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hedgehogs bred as pets make cute and fun pets however they are a lot of work.

They are also nocturnal and all their care and handling needs to be done in the evening.

Also if not introduced correctly to the cats they can get seriously injured by adult hedgehogs and will likely kill younger hedgehogs.

Nada nos puede parar

• Informative Informative x 1

7. Oh ok I Write your Info Down man so I don't forget. Thank you for the Help my Friend. They Can Injury the Cats tho too is it because of the Spines? What do they Like to Eat as well Please?

~Toni~

8. Yes the spines can hurt the cats.

And hedgehogs love insects!
    Live Mealworms, Waxworms, roaches, Crickets, Hornworms, Superworms are probably best however they will eat dried insects. But the best bet is to give them a healthy range of live insect foods.

They will also eat cat food and special hedgehog kibble. Make sure that any food you give them has mostly meat in the ingredients such as Blue Buffalo cat food.

Nada nos puede parar

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

9. Ohhh ok Good to Know. Thanks for the Help Frasier Good Looking out my Friend! I Appreciate it! :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. No problem

Nada nos puede parar

• Friendly Friendly x 1

11. Ehh, they seem kind of retarded

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dizzy my daughter had one a couple years ago. He was like a year old and hadn’t been socialized much and from what we researched that is KEY. They need daily hands on interaction with their owners in order to make decent pets. They’re nocturnal, which is great for some folks bc a lot of us are as well, but if you try to play with them in the daytime..they use those little quills and make rumbling noises like a car trying to start up lol. We eventually got Winston to tame up a bit and fell in love with him. Stella (my daughter) gave him baths once a week which he learned to tolerate and eventually like. They are not cuddly pets, those quills aren’t harmful but they’re intimidating and they like to puff them out, honestly I was afraid of him but he was her pet so it was cool. They eat meal worms, vegetables, fruits,
    If you do get one make sure it’s a baby ..y’all will adjust easier and enjoy one another more.

• Winner Winner x 1

13. Ohhhh ok Thank you for the Help MarijuanaMommy I Really Appreciate it sis. I Hope to See you Around on here else where too :)

~Toni~

14. Thank you and you will !!

• Winner Winner x 1