"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Ah I just put it in a boiling water bath so it's floating as it tends to leave it sticky oil. Bit I got water in the dish :( gonna have to just leave it and water for that to evaporate :(

Any ideas on how to remove the water?

2. Water doesnt mix with hash. As long as its pure water u can dump it lol. Otherwise just gotta wait, water takes forever to evap

3. Didn't take long . Ended up a golden oil tar sort of thing. Bubbled under any flame. Was beautiful

4. Mate to be honest there was so little of it I froze it. Cut it into thin slices and put it all in a spliff. Safe to say I went to sleep after that haha
    Got some iso now so I'll get some pics up next run

5. Could you pour the finished oil into a glass container with a layer of parchment paper overtop of it so when it's done evaporating you can freeze it and just have a nice slab of QWISO [​IMG]

6. No pics?

7. Just looked and I don't have the pic anymore. I'll be doing another run soon though!

8. Hey, on those pics of your product from the QWISO hash method, you have three different "washes". Is the black tarry stuff from the 3rd wash even smokeable? Reason I'm asking is because that's what mine looked like from my first ever try of making hash that me and my buddy did.

I didn't know about this guide at the time. We kept all of our trimmings and stems soaked in isopropyl alcohol for probably 2 months and then strained it into a plate. My friend said he knew what he was doing, but I don't really think he did. Really sucks because the trimmings we used were top notch LSD strain AAA quality, and got nothing but bullshit to show for it. What we got was some oily tarry substance, that would never fully dry and couldn't really smoke. it was like wet "resin" like you'd scrape from a hitter but way nastier.

I'm about to try out YOUR qwiso method as I type this. Got my trimmings in the freezer, gonna pull them out in about 15 minutes and do it. Really hope I get some good hash this this time.

9. The black tarry stuff you speak of is chloroform from leaving the starting material in iso for months lol aim for a 20 second wash then run through a wire drainer before coffee filter to get all the plant material out as fast as possible. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

10. It will evaporate faster on a flat open surface like a Pyrex baking dish but if u keep it in a mason jar invest in an Ona Breeze fan that fits over top of the jars and has a low and high speed.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Just doing a quick run. But with hot water to evaporate the alcohol quicker and make it into oil instead of dust.
    Used like 3 grams of bits of trim and few blue diesel nugs and few supercheese nugs and one little axt bud :)

Attached Files:

12. Done!

Attached Files:

13. Lmao 2 months. I do 3 washes in 5minutes.

Usually the third wash is black cause i leave it in longer and I use dry buds. But it is beyond smokable, it gets you downright booted. Just doesn't have that bag appeal or taste like the first wash.

Butane and other non-polar solvents don't have to worry about 2nd wash being much worse.

Usually If I use butane I'll run it through once with the tane and right after, while Its still frozen solid, run the ISO through and it turns out awesome.

Always freeze buds and alcohol. Especially when using fresh cut.

Personally I don't know how to get high yeild from butane without expensive without having it be light brown or worse. So I dont bother selling or showing off looks. Just smoke it and its better than alot of oil I get from the locals. Usually tastes a little un-purged.

14. Usually looks like mf jones' up there with ISO. Butane comes out better looking but not by enough.

15. Just did it cos I had some bit lying about seeing as I chopped recently. And my mate gave me some off his recent chop.
    And had a little bit of iso left so thought bugger it I'll just do it . Strong!!!
    Wiped it on rizla

16. Some we made a while ago I found the pics. Durban poison & golden hash broken down in the isolation then the ground up dp washed and all mixed in and boiled down in that dish :) filtered 3 times. Same process I used today.
    Works good to dab too :D

Attached Files:

17. Right looks fine man but that's spread thin. Mine looks like that spread thin or thick n whipped. But in mass looks like ass.

Compared to some of the scientific professionals with 1000s of $ worth of equipment.

18. Regardless, all hash is concentrated weed so its all gonna get you ripped even when I run schwag weed it gets me high as a kite.

Dank buds offer better quality high and better taste (by far!)

19. They have some steel fine filters that u can press the material With out ripping then just clean by pouring over the remaining material and it comes out light to medium Brown.

nothing is too hard for those who do not have to do it for themselves