Hashberry, CFL/T5, Soil, 1st timer

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by absolut666, Sep 20, 2010.

1. pics? i know we have progress:D

2. the camera is "lost in action" - ie in a divorce :D:D:D so the pics will be rare and far between for now

after looking at other ppl's grows - i'm coming to an unpleasant thought - my babies are all runts - i stressed the shit out of them, the main reasons (in order of importance):

my general stupidity/lack of experience
    low lights - i NEED to get those PLL's ASAP
    high temps - i had 30-35 C usually, occasionally close to 40
    too early training[torture] and fucking with them too much/often

oh, well - i should've been expecting this from a first grow - my life philosophy is if you're already
    fucked - do as much mistakes as possible - at least u ll learn something

3. Is it really that bad? Sorry to hear that man:( Well good luck anyway, meybe they will recover quickly and grow super big and give you buds the size of watermelons:D Yeah I know, I got carried away.

4. Not looking bad at all! I'm on my second grow and preparing to start my third. I've learned that cannabis withstand a LOT.(Won my first battle with spider mites!) I always considered myself a decent gardener(outdoor veggies) but if there's two things I've learned so far, it's that I still have a LOT to learn and experimenting is a BLAST! I guess a third that I will be incorporating is to only change half of my plants over when making changes to water, nutes, methods, etc. Figure it's my backup plan so I know that even IF I manage to kill the experimental half I will still have medicine. This frees me up to try new and sometimes controversial/new methods.:smoke:

5. Hey absolut666!!

I just cracked some Mandala Ganesh seeds. I had a little trouble, only getting 3-6 to sprout. The other 3 all cracked but their root tips died after growing a little bit. Anyway, I still have good hopes for some females!

There is no better teacher than experience. You will learn a lot from your first grow.

Best of luck!

6. thanks Stankie - i'm reading ur grow lately and ur words "carry some weight" with me :hello::hello:

i had the same experience with Mandala (Hashberry, 8 miles high and Mandala#1) i had 4 out of 6.
    and one of the Hashberries did show the tip of the root, but stopped there and eventually died.
    the survivor looks good though

about the first grow - naturally, at first i was counting on "the usual" - 5-6 grams per watt in 5-6 weeks from seed - the NOOB stuff:D:D but now i see that's gonna be a REALLY nice hobby - lots of learning(didn't even scratch the surface yet), DIY stuff(i was NOT counting on this shit be so hard)
    now i see, that it's gonna be "reconnaissance by battle" - i already made a lot of possible mistakes,
    so the next time will be, hopefully, better. having ppl like you and the "usual suspects"(LD, Chunk, Possum, Maina et al) REALLY helps with info, inspiration and ballz to try new stuff:hello:

anyway, i'm kinda proud that i didn't kill em in a first month - maybe, just maybe, i'll get a toke or two of my own shit - that would be nice.

step by anytime:wave:

7. upping the dosages for all 4:

3.5 litres of water
    12 tsp Alfalfa FPE
    12 tsp Aloe Vera FPE
    12 tsp Alfalfa/Kelp/Fish/Flaxseed/SeaSalt

LST'ing them as they grow alongside the pot with paper scraps, since lowered the main tip, side branches started to grow better(apical dominance or just age?)

winter refuses to come, so temps are still high ~30C

they smell more and more - esp. when rubbing with fingers - today i had this weird moment at work:
    i;m sitting at the office, picking my nose - then BOOM i feel this MJ STINK like u couldn't believe - so i'm like "who smokes at work? who has the ballz". and then i realize it's my fingers smell of my babes (just like finger smell after a good night out:D)

8. damn has anyone grown mandala safaris?

9. all i know about Safari mix is from mandala site - and they say it's "experimental" batches, not ready to be released as a specific strain(phenos are all over the place). for now they don't even sell it, but send as a freebie. i think they're sativa leaning

hope this helps

10. 5 litres of water(first time it had a noticeable runoff)
    15 tsp Aloe Vera
    15 tsp Alfalfa/Kelp/Fish/Linseed

i ordered the 2x2x55w PLL lights from AHSupply recommended by this thread
    now i will have enough light for my babies - hopefully they'll sex by the time i'll install the new lights.

11. I'm dieing to see pics of how they're doing!:D

Get that camera sorted out!

Peace:wave:

12. 2 out of 4 plants turned out to be males - at least these looks like ballz. i took them out of the closet, but don't have the heart to cut them yet. So now i have 2x 8 Miles High - one of them has pistils and another one is still waiting to flower - will see.
    Still waiting for the new PLL lights - as soon as i get them - will build a veg chamber and start cloning the remaining moms - will go for SOG or SCROG.

Home made Lacto is in the "milk" stage - it has some mold infestation on the lid of the container, but i'm hoping the lacto will kill it or at least it won't affect the main culture. will add egg shells and BSP FPE at the nearest watering(soon).

13. Sorry to hear about the males:( but I think you should chop them down before they release any pollen.. I hope you get another girl! and a SCROG would be very interesting to see;)

14. thanks for the encouragement, bro :wave:

i'm really glad to have at least one mom - i was really worried about the lack of light/heat problems i have. but now if i have a MOM - i'm on the top of the world - i can clone her and go perpetual
    or let her go to the sweet end and make a mom out of her daughters or whatever - the sky is the limit now :metal::metal::metal:

the funny thing(or was it expected???) the boys started several flower sites - boy vigor or darkness or Murphy law?? i'm thinking of chopping 'em up and making FPE out of them(there was a thread about it lately)

15. 3.5 litres of water - for 2 plants(pretty big runoff)
    EggShells/Vinegar 20:1 with straight water - about 30g:500g for 2 plants

16. Bit of both my friend, bit of both;)

17. watered 1.5 litres + 12 tsp of Alfalfa/Aloe

the PLL lights are still in the mail (WTF????), so the girl is under-lighted (~100W CFL/T5),
    she has a lot of flower sites, the main cola is the biggest (still tiny though)

18. I like everything about your grow except your CFLs.

Would you explain your eggshells soaked in vinegar method? I use eggshell, but I just boil off the membrane and crush them to add to my soil mix.

btw Has anyone grown Mandala' Beyond the Brain?

19. hey viagro

i received the PLLs and as soon as i assemble them - CFLs will go to the veg chamber only(too weak)

the egg shells in vinegar (you should burn them first) - are a organic source of Cal-Phos (Ca + P)
    this technique is from work of Gil Carandang - search for him and u won't be dissapointed

thanks for support bro:wave:

20. I hope all is well:wave:

When are we going to see some pictures?