Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. I’ve always gravitated towards PurePressure or NugSmasher. Not quite sure about PurePressure’s warranty program, think it falls within the 1 year timeframe; but seeing as how Nugsmasher had the lifetime warranty, upgrade program, and was stationed in Corona, CA, which is fairly close for us SoCAl folks, it just made the most sense going with this brand. I haven’t upgraded yet cause I don’t mind pressing half oz at max, definitely am though at the end of the year upgrading to the Nugsmasher X. But for something on a larger scale such as yourself; PurePressure may be more suitable since it can handle up to 40+ grams, might be some bigger plates they offer as well. But I’d do more digging into that warranty info since it’s more $ for PP vs NS. & obviously more risk.

Edit: scratch that about larger scale. Nugsmasher seems to have gotten into the large scale pressing too. This one boasts 110+ grams capacity.
    NugSmasher Pro 20 Ton Rosin Press All-in-One Starter Kit

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I grew out a pair of CBD plants on request for a patient but they dropped it very quickly when they figured out the CBD interfered with the pain control the THC was providing. Same thing I found when I tried CBD.
    With just the two samplings I can't say one way or the other if it'll work. Personal testing is always the best choice.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  3. #403 JMcGD, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Great, thanks for the reply. I’ll try some of both:thumbsup:
    Some of the literature I’ve come across reads like CBD to prevent cancer, and THC to deal with it once you have it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, I’ve had my eye on the Nugsmasher XP too. The pro model might be a bit much for my current needs.

• Like Like x 2
  5. @BrassNwood , what’s your comparison between the caps and the tincture ? When do you prefer a tincture and why? Haha, just curious because it looks to me like tincture acts pretty much like edible, but I thought that edibles without lecithin will be weak compared to edibles made with lecithin. Or is the alcohol good carrier as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. On me Tincture acts like smoking. A full eyedropper hits like half a joint and it's faded in 45 minutes.
    I do 99% my standard Kief-Capsules.
    They are a nice flat all day stone to me. Not to much, Not to little.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. I try to achieve to make tincture as strong as the capsules, but I think the difference is in the way of consumption.
    I am lucky I have huge stash of capsules! The empty capsules store is about to close so I have to purchase them online, but this won’t be an issue.
    Anyway... I have plenty of alcohol and empty dropper bottles. Some 160 proof moonshine made by my father. I use to drink this for long time haha, so I wanted to combine it with the herb to get a good medication.
    Do you have any tips on how to produce strong tincture or should I just follow the basic recipe and see how much I need to concentrate? Or any tips about the best way to use it?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Decarb the weed = 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Freeze Booze.
    Use just enough Alcohol to cover the weed and a bit more to agitate well when shaken.
    Shake 10 seconds.
    Press out Tincture from weed.
    Done.

I recover the Alcohol trapped in the weed in a separate step later.
    This and the next 2 pages cover my tincture making and reduction to RSO.
    More here.
    I do an almost full quart jar of bud scraps to a full 750ml of very cold 190 proof.
    [​IMG]
    Parts A & B well frozen
    [​IMG]
    Combine and shake well.. 10 seconds.
    [​IMG]
    1 inch is about all the potato ricer will press and I keep the pressed pucks and jar them for alcohol extraction later
    [​IMG]
    I get back 500ml of very potent tincture.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Good to see it! Will keep experimenting next days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. [​IMG]
    With the new super duty Potato Ricer I got the post tincture weed pressed out. I was concerned all that plant material and Water - Alcohol might mold left sealed for a month but all I could smell when I cracked the lid was Alcohol.

Now I can run the still and get back my booze and do another Tincture run. Still 3/4 of the Summer "scraps" left to process.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  11. 20210403_124328.jpg
    Tincture reduction

20210403_130729.jpg
    Wash recovery.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  12. [​IMG]
    With a fresh bag of empty capsules on hand I finished up the partial dish in the fridge.
    [​IMG]

The RSO pan after I added 3 tablespoons of Coconut oil and worked loose the goo.
    Capped up about 90 RSO capsules.

Changed up how I do things a bit. I left the RSO tar and Coconut oil in the large pan while I cooked off the remaining water. Then transferred to the working dish, Added the Lecithin and processed it for 15 min @ 220 F.
    Seems like the water cooked off much faster without the Lecithin trying to homogenize the mix.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  13. [​IMG]
    3 gallons dry measure of Decarbed bud scraps.
    The industrial potato ricer.
    160 micron mesh.
    [​IMG]
    I started with Six full 1.75 ltr jugs of 190 proof. Used 4.5
    [​IMG]
    I have 6 750ml bottles I cross fill to do my Tincture works.
    A near full quart jar of scraps and a full 750ml of booze.
    Shake 10 seconds and press out with the ricer and back into the bottle. Nets 500ml of tincture.
    [​IMG]
    My Combined efforts @ 11 jars of scraps / bottles netted exactly Three full 1.75 jugs of Tincture and used up all the bud scraps.
    [​IMG]
    The wet bud scraps with more then 3 ltrs of booze still locked up in it. I put the lid on this and I'll recover the 190proof another day.

BNW

An

• Like Like x 3
  14. [​IMG]
    Added enough water to float the alcohol soaked scraps.
    [​IMG]
    Some agitation.
    Cup by cup it all gets squeezed out.
    [​IMG]
    Down to the last few drops.

I'll distill off and recover the Alcohol from this at the next Tincture reduction.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. I need in of those pot stills bad...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. [​IMG]

Mine is a 3 gallon like this one. I added a bit of copper tubing to get the condenser off the top and down to the side but essentially the same unit. Paid for itself the first run in recovered 190 proof.
    $90-110 seems to be the cost range.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m on the MF’r!
    :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Set up the Pot still and got to recovering my $$$ Booze

[​IMG]

First run was the wash water.
    [​IMG]
    Next up was the tincture
    [​IMG]
    Not my best recovery but it is what it is. A third full jug and partial was recovered from the wash water as well.
    [​IMG]

To much cannabinoid laden water for a single evaporation so I'll add the rest of the water in the morning.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]
    Just as I was about to drive clear over to garden grove for dry ice I called the local one and WOOHOO they just got delivered so that saved me a 8 mile drive I really didn't wanna do.

[​IMG]
    7 full and a partial I'd already tossed in the bag to go to the boat. AHHHHHHHH Kief to Toke.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  20. @Chunk
    Old friend will you have a look at the first 6 or so pages and figure out why the Pictures are missing

BNW