Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash infused oil - strain the hash out or leave it in ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GreenGhostRide, Mar 3, 2021.

1. This is the first time I am trying to make a hash infused oil for chocolate making.

I have decarbed one gram of 37 micron grade hash.
    I have infused it into 2 ounces of coconut oil .
    I am using a NovaFX.

I had stirred the hash and oil together before infusing and it looked homogenous, but after it cooled down post infusion I could see the hash settled to the bottom.

So here is my question; My goal is to reduce the “green” flavor of my edibles so I’m thinking I should strain it out, but I am not sure if all the trichomes have dissolved or if some are still attached to that plant matter.

Should I leave it as is or should I strain it?

thank you for your time and advice!

2. Straining out will drastically decrease the potency, so I won’t stain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agree.
    1 g hash in 2 fl oz oil will produce very little taste.
    My taste discomfort level is about 1 gram flower in 1/2 fl oz oil.

Best is to learn to enjoy the taste, and never strain out the herb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Warm it up and stir well then add to your Chocolate and keep stirring as to get as equal a distribution of trichomes as possible.
    Kief - Coconut oil tastes more like a nut butter then cannabis.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kats thread is an excellent guide on making high power edibles
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Mine covers just the oil without the food.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the advice. I’ll leave it in and post back with results. Thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not sure how your making chocolates.

I just melt chocolate in a double boiler and add infused oil and mix well and then fill molds.

Using 2 ounces of oil would make my chocolate too greasy. Unless I added a lot of coco powder.

Just curious how your making the chocolates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 GreenGhostRide, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    This is about all I plan on doing, my math tells me that if Infuse 1 gram hash into 2 oz coconut oil and mix into 10 oz melted chocolate that my 1 ounce chocolates should be about 10-15 mg the each. This is just a test batch so as I get more comfortable with knowing the dose I can scale up.

I have waken up from edible comas before and I would like to avoid that this time. Psychedelic space ranger is cool, but breathing corpse is not cool.

• Like Like x 1