Han-Bolo's Backyard Grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Han-Bolo, Jul 11, 2020.

1. #1 Han-Bolo, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Hello everyone, as hesitant as I have been to grow outdoors, I finally decided to give it a shot. I took 2 bubba kush and 1 GDP from my aquaculture that ended up being photos and I stuck them out back next to the chicken coop. I was originally going to throw these gals away since my aquaculture is all autos but I just couldn't do it so here we are. I did a fair amount of damage to the roots when I yanked them out the hydroton so they are pretty shocked but im hoping they bounce back. If not, im not too worried. I just dug some holes and stuck them in. I also treated them with a heavy foliar of water with some diatomaceous earth mixed in. I sprayed down the area around the plants as well. I don't want them getting killed by bugs before they have a chance to develop roots and get strong again. I plan on keeping it organic. I have an abundance of fish water from my koi pond and fish tanks. I could use that as a tea of sorts to help the plants out. I just really want to see what momma nature can do with these gals. Any input is greatly appreciated, this is my first time outdoors.

Cheers,
    -Han 20200710_201223.jpg 20200710_201233.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. My only concern is my neighbors bright ass patio pole light. I just went out with the lux meter and its not picking anything up. I think i should be fine. I left the bug zapper on but its a very low blue light that also wasn't being picked up on the lux meter. I hope this is ok for flowering.

20200710_232338.jpg

3. Nice!
    Looks like you got some good outdoor space :thumbsup:

4. Thanks,, Anything else you recommend I use along with the BT? I have GH exile and that shit is awesome when I have any issues indoor. I was thinking about using it outdoor as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sure if you see other bugs. Otherwise I wouldn't. Make sure you do the bud wash when you're done with your buds this works really good googling up on YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will do, thanks for the info.

7. I'm thinking about taking the straw/chicken shit from the coop and using it as a top dress/compost top layer. Chicken shit and fish shit from the koi pond will be by nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spinosad and Green Cure some others you can throw in your IPM artillery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Are these chicken friendly ? I want to make sure anything i use wont affect my chickens. They eat bugs too lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spinosad is organic and Green Cure Id have to look into it but I doubt it’d be harmful for your chickens.

Green Cure mainly for the PM and Spinosad for leaf miners, thrips, etc.

11. Those are good. I did buy some azamax and I've yet to have to use it. Late in flower I actually sit in a chair and look for caterpillars

• Like Like x 1
  12. U got chickens. Shit u may not need anything. Teach them how to now fuck ur nugs up! They need wax on wax off training. I would get lacewing larvae or lady bugs. U are too organic. Bt is prolly ok but not pyrethrum or azamax

13. I found if I did the crane and was very still I would get quite a few caterpillars to

14. #15 Han-Bolo, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Im sitting here reading articles and watching youtube videos. I defintely like the diatomaceous earth, lacewing, beneficial mites, and lady bug options. Ive been using lady bugs and benefical mites in all my indoor grows with great success. All my organicide, neem, and Exile has been sitting on the shelfs collecting dust. I like to fight nature with nature.

I do have chickens but they are still very young and need another 2 months before they will be running around the backyard. they just got into their first coop and finally learned how to go up and down the ramp lol. I got ahold of a local nursery they have lacewing eggs and lady bugs for me on hold. Ill grab some BT and spinosad also.

so the BT is weekly, along with my DE sprays. should I treat with spinosad weekly as well?

15. I’d rotate them every other day and do weekly. I like to drench the first weeks of flower with BT to combat as many of those piece of shit bud worms as I can.

I also get the powdered BT to do later in flower if I need to as it’s easier to spread versus the liquid one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I gave them a good BT and organocide drench this afternoon. I haven't gotten spinosad yet. They needed the water too. I feel terrible for them since the heat index is 108 today. They are pretty wilted but still hanging in. I have some lady bugs to release this evening. The lacewings are on order for some time this week.

I'll start doing sprays every other day alternating between the BT, DE, and spinosad.

Great info, thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I probably should have checked the weather first. We had a rowdy storm here last night. I turned a colony of lady bugs loose before the storms and now not a single one in sight lol. I had to pick the plants back up and add some soil to support them up again. I'll start again with a DE spray today. View attachment 2820997 20200712_062441.jpg

18. Pretty sure they have bounced back and are starting to veg again. I treated them again with some BT, organocide, and DE today. Im using the straw and chicken manure from the coop as a top dress. I might have gone a little heavy on the DE lol...

20200721_183317.jpg 20200721_183330.jpg 20200721_183333.jpg 20200721_183326.jpg

19. Nice little backyard grow. This year I too am growing outside for the first time except I have a greenhouse. I found wilting plants a lot and started doing some searching for a solution. What I found to work was packing in some pine straw around the plant at least 2-3" thick. Grass cuttings are a good option as well. Sounds like your on top of the bugs. Won't be much longer and you'll be flowering. Let's hope the humidity subsides for both of us. I look forward to seeing how this grow ends up. Good luck.