Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. @BrassNwood I recently switched from homemade sublingual oil to oil capsules, and, frankly, capsules reign supreme! I'd like to inquire about your methods to fill capsules. In many of your posts sharing BadKat's recipe, your images reveal an eye dropper. Is that your preferred tool to fill capsules? My attempts to fill capsules with eye droppers have been very disappointing. They clog too easily with that wonderfully oily sludge. Recently, I tried using a kitchen-grade syringe, and the results were a little better, but still disappointing (for the same reason: they clog). I like using a Capsuline capsule holder when filling caps, but any advice that you have regarding capsule-filling tools or how to, in general, fill capsules will be appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  2. #1562 BrassNwood, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    The 160 micron dry ice kief is small enough particles they almost never clog the eyedropper.
    The RSO is a tar like substance and once thinned with Coconut oil is clog free.

If your working with powdered bud grind very fine. A stone surface and a wine bottle or granite roller. Then run the dust through a flour sifter to catch any big chunks.

If it still wants to clog try a child's eyedropper with a plastic tip that can be enlarged. Pipettes are thin plastic and can be trimmed as needed.

I tried a capsule holder / tray and went back to hand filling one at a time. Slow but accurate as I fill to just concave. 1 drop more is flat and 2 drops more is domed.
    [​IMG]

The Kief wants to settle so I stir between eyedropper draws to keep it in suspension.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thank you! This is very helpful!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The pair of Capsules I took this morning came from that oddball jar of Kief. It was compacted strangely and I wondered if it might have been damp when sealed. Didn't look or smell moldy. Whatever it's got a really good punch. I'm not usually so "Tripped" this late in the day. This is the 2nd ride on them and the last run was equally extra good.
    Ok so what happened in that one jar that hasn't in the dozens I've done over the years ? It was "clumpy" in processing as well. Very unlike the hundreds of dishes of oil I've cooked up.

The only other possibility was the lid was defective or not screwed down and it's oxidation. It was far darker then every other jar has been.

Does my Kief need Air cured to increase Potency? LOL Empirical testing required. I'll have to dig around in the master thread and see if I can tell the when and where behind it. I think I commented on the lumpiness of the finished oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  5. You can also let the oil get cold and solid, but not too much - you need to be able to stir it because otherwise the hash/powdered bud will fall to the bottom. Once it’s solid/soft you can fill your capsules with the holder a small tea spoon. That’s how I fill my powdered bud oil caps... dropper won’t be able to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. #1566 rpangelov, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    I never made kief my self, but when I smoked, and especially now since I am using this caps 90% of the time, I was and still am, very interested by how kief/hash is made.
    I spoke to couple of Moroccan guys living here which have family producing hash in Morocco. They have told me one and another, but I think, although the idea of making is the same as your method, the don’t use dry ice and hash master tool haha. I am not really sure how this will affect the potency of the hash. I guess this will increase the yield, but won’t decrease the potency. The potency will depend on the size microns, right?
    Anyway, they don’t store it air tight or so. Only when selling/sending, they press it to blocks and use heat and wrap it up in plastic. The guys there are using it just from the bag full with kief powder... bags of 10kg or so... huge bags haha.
    The Moroccan hash is IMO really special product. It might not have that high THC content as the nowadays concentrates, but the hash has some effects which are just typical for this product.
    You can watch the strain hunters trip to Morocco and see some information from the locals. The whole video is posted on Youtube. Just search for: strain hunters morocco

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  7. Hey brassnwood! Whats with the freeze and reheat part ?

You might have mentioned it somewhere but

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you! That was informative. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. The single freeze is more for mouth texture then effects. It softens and removes the gritty, sandy feeling when you let the hash capsules melt in your mouth. Consider it an optional step.
    4 or more freeze and re-heats make it a better sleep Aid.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  10. I use the eye dropper. It was a bit too small at first but I used some fine sand paper on a block of wood to grind the tip off the dropper until it was just the right size.
    Also,I’ve had these caps tested a few times now and the potency ends up around 3-4 mg THC per drop :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. As for the reheating part..is it a full 20 minutes at 105 degree celsius each time?

• Like Like x 1
  12. No. You can shorten the time down substantially. The last request for a sleep aid I ran 4 sets of 10 minutes and just used the coffee mug heater. Had all the sets done in about an hour. Seemed to work fine. Nice thing about the stainless dishes is jumping from freezer to frying pan and back again.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. Great to know our general seat of the pants estimates were that close.
    I've long used 3mg per drop as my guesstimation for the Hash-Kief oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. Some locals claim the decarb qhould be 110 degree celsius 110minutes. I hope 40 min cuts it.

The third time i was bringing the stainless dish out the oven Mittet i took it with slipped the dish and it went face down in the oven. Green liquid running down and into shelves under the oven.

It was not the greatest feeling ever but I will put it in my briefcase and go along.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've been using a scrap of cloth and toasting my fingers and enough is enough.
    [​IMG]
    A burger spatula or something along that line is in order for sure.
    I've got another round of Capsules to knock out in the near future so I need to start looking.

I've run the decarb out both deliberately and accidentally well into double the 40 minutes we use without any real change. Extend if you like. Experimentation is a good thing and I did plenty of it when I started making Kats recipe.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sweet. Have you noticed if Coffee filters in paper are better to use than cloth? Imagine more oil is left in cloth?

Like the cloth i used to dry up the huge spill. That cloth got it good

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It's a whole herb / hash recipe No strain.
    I use 160 micron Kief or RSO tar. Both draw well in a standard eyedropper.
    I've made bud caps on request but the patient soon decided they liked the Kief capsules 1/4 filled better so it was a short run.

I've done what I call a "Dirty Hotel Room Edible" on several occasions when traveling and I didn't want to carry.

A fingernail of bud
    A pat of butter from a restaurant.
    Shot glass or Tin Foil.
    Any heat source from a toaster to a microwave and I can get it done.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. I see why you wont strain w kief as ingredient but I was thinking of trim and such

• Like Like x 1