Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. That is exactly why we need the second amendment to stay un-infringed, to keep people like him from being successful. If the government had all the arms we would now live under a fascist dictator.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I just noticed the poll in the beginning of this thread -

“Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?”

1. *
      Yes
      46 vote(s)
      76.7%
    2. No
      14 vote(s)
      23.3%
    For any of you that voted no in the poll, I’m wondering what you do believe was planned/figured for our 2nd Amendment rights?

thanks

j

• Like Like x 3
  4. This was the first sniper rifle used by civilians. Rifled barrel 42-46 inches.
    long rifle.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. i'm of the mindset that if everyone else is packing a gat then i want to be packing one also. i also believe that if everyone is armed (and proficiently trained) then the streets, neighborhoods, and shops will be 100% safer.

when i walk into a pawn shop or gun shop and everyone behind the counter has a pistol riding high on their hip i am acutely aware that he or she can draw and fire their weapon with good accuracy in <2 secs. the physical presence of the weapon is enough to keep everyone safe for those that know. if everyone were required to carry a weapon on their person at all times, and if everyone were required to annually qualify to use that weapon there would be a very sharp reduction in violent crime.

almost all gun fights occur within 7 yds/20 ft or less. get a pistol, go take some training classes, learn to use the weapon under stress, and YOU will be AoK ime and imo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. It was not meant as a serious thought, just spinning it the way the msm would have if trump was in office. Pelosi actually blamed climate change caused by Trump for the crisis at the border.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I bet he voted for his dad 100 times.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. And folks wonder why I’m on the fence about human instigated climate change.

I winder what the MSM would have to talk about if they removed climate change and racism from the picture.

j

• Like Like x 3
  9. Does controlling access to weapons have a history of stopping civil wars?

10. I doubt it, but better armed people make for a better civil war.. Better to satisfy yourself with the war games you can find in the gamers forum.. Or you could join the army and find out for yourself.. They're always looking for a civil war to stick troops into so they can defend our freedom.. Not a real big fan of any kind of war. The wrong people always seem to get killed..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. #1154 jerry111165, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    More shootings early this morning in Virginia Beach?

At least nine people are shot and two are dead following shootings in Virginia Beach, Virginia, Friday night.

Officers patrolling the 1900 block of Atlantic Avenue in a resort area heard multiple gunshots shortly after 11 p.m. local time Friday. At the crime scene, in the area of 17th Street and 22nd Street, at least eight gunshot victims were found, according to Virginia Beach Police Chief Paul Neudigate
    .”

9 shot and 2 dead, including alleged suspect, in Virginia Beach shooting

Virginia Beach: Two people were killed and at least eight injured in shooting incidents, police chief says - CNN

12. It's very sad to read about these continuous tragedies. Feels like no real solutions are coming in place either, not even attempts at real solutions, in part because of the tribal gridlock.

I know this may be a strange statement - but it does also feel like Americans have become quite numb to this. I empathize with the feeling, to some degree - these kinds of events have occurred with increasing regularity in Europe too.

Is it only me, or was there a lot less reporting on these kinds of things during the Trump era? When I think back, there seems to have been a lull in media attention on mass shootings since the Parkland tragedy. I'm not sure tho, so many things were deafened in the Trump roar

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Life is strange ain’t it? Its an odd circle of life - media, politics, life, death - round and round and round and time passes.

These folks that pull this stupidity aren’t doing the cause for gun rights any damn good right about now I’ll tell ya that much.

j

• Like Like x 1
  14. And another -

“State trooper shot in Central Texas in critical condition; suspect armed and dangerous”

MEXIA, Texas (KWTX) - A manhunt is underway for DeArthur Pinson Jr, 36, wanted in connection to the shooting of a Texas DPS Trooper near Mexia.

Pinson should be considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached, police said.
    The wounded state trooper is in critical condition, according to DPS Sergeant Ryan Howard.
    The shooting happened on Highway 84 at about 8 p.m.”

4AA4E24C-6B40-4886-8E6E-49124DACB049.jpeg

State trooper shot in Central Texas in critical condition; suspect armed and dangerous

j

15. And another -

Teenage girl shot in western Henrico neighborhood dies at hospital; police looking for armed suspect
    Laura Perrot, Emma North, and Tyler Thrasher
    15 hours ago

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A teenage girl was shot and killed outside of a home in the Gayton Forest West subdivision in Henrico County on Friday afternoon, according to Henrico Police.

The teen was treated and taken to a local hospital, a release from police said. The Henrico County Police Department sent another release at 9:30 p.m. stating that the girl passed at away at the hospital. Due to her age, an identification will not be made available.
    Officers are searching for an armed suspect described as a younger Black male who is 5-feet, 8-inches tall and 125 pounds. He was last seen wearing a two-toned sweatshirt with a camouflaged bottom half and a face mask. The suspect’s hair is described as shaggy with shaved sides.“

Teenage girl shot in western Henrico neighborhood dies at hospital; police looking for armed suspect | 8News

16. It is a slippery slope! First “shall not be infringed.” Then “ to keep and bare arms,”. Next comes the whole second amendment. Then other inconvenient parts of the constitution, Pretty soon the whole damned thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Lets add this in for yesterday’s shootings -

Fatal Friday shooting adds to spate of Chicago homicides
    Two were killed, 7 injured at a gathering in the city's South Side”
    The latest gunfire followed a March 14 attack at another pop-up party in the Park Manor neighborhood a few miles east, where two people were killed and at least a dozen others were wounded.

Fatal shootings appear to be picking up even after a year in which they jumped dramatically in Chicago, from 495 in 2019 to 769 in 2020. The city is on a pace to record even more this year: As of Wednesday, there had been 123 homicides in the city since Jan. 1, compared to 94 during the same period last year, according to the police department.

Fatal Friday shooting adds to spate of Chicago homicides