Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. I almost forgot this is the internet...

You really think people would lie about owning a $150 guitar?

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. We just want to see it, sounds awesome, I love yellow and black.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Here are my current babies. I am really happy with my gear so I don’t see myself buying anything else anytime soon.

Image1521292909.532928.jpg

Image1521292961.637575.jpg

Image1521293019.506804.jpg

Image1521293057.285781.jpg

I no longer have the Dr. Z or red Ibanez
    Image1521293131.599446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  4. It's a shitty rainy day, so I cleaned and polished my acoustic.
    I need a headphone setup for late night playing. I got audio Technica monitors and a gaming PC. Recommendations?[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice, a guitar thread. I only recently got gifted a Peavey VK Royal 8, and it's my first tube amp, so I'm happy. I thought that I even had a speaker to replace the stock one with, but it turns out the speaker was 4Ω... oh well. It sounds pretty good as is. Definitely better than my old amp lol.

I've got a few guitars around, I'll take some pictures later. Nothing really special though.. I do have a 12 string acoustic... it's an older made in Japan Yamaha of some type... I read somewhere that there's a lot of issues with the specific type and its playability, but mine plays just fine, sounds great, and feels great.

My main guitar is a Samick LP copy... nothing special, but it plays well and sounds nice. Apparently the previous owner put a Jackson J90c in the bridge, and moved the "Duncan Designed" pickup that was in the bridge to the neck position. I'll have to raise the formerly-bridge-now-neck pickup a bit and see how it sounds through my new amp... I have it set super low right now because I wanted to get a more pronounced tone difference between the bridge and the neck while playing through my old solid state amp, but that's no longer an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is there Anyone else with a korg ax1500g on here?
    If so can you lessen my confusion?

7. Last post July 1st 2014
    Did everyone stop playing guitar?
    Did Gibson go Bankrupt?
    Does America make great instruments anymore?
    Everything that's New becomes Old, and everything
    old becomes New Again! CIGAR BOX GUITARS.
    IMG_20180816_151852.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. My newest acquisitions -
    Gibson Les Paul in Ocean Blue with mini humbuckers & SG in White with gold hardware

D5DA63AC-A735-4CF3-8C57-BD0A3B0A8CBE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hiyas! sweet set of Axes, and I saw by your other pix you have a severe case of G.A.S. :D
    I'm retired so I can't be spending like Jimmy Page..lol
    I do have some inexpensive guitars that i'm having a blast jamming with. IMG_20190807_113013.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh man... I’ve had GAS for years!
    I haven’t found a cure. I’m hopeless...

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Is that Sour D on your Jazz Bass? Both are Yummy looking! Lol
    My pic of my dad's axe. ;)
    IMG_0405.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's one of the few great things we still make, e.g. the new Guild acoustics (since they moved to Oxnard CA) are amazing. Even better than their Westerly guitars in the 60's/70's.

• Like Like x 2
  13. That’s some Sweet Thai I grew a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes - America makes some of the finest instruments still. They’re all around us.
    Gibson still makes some of the worlds best electric and acoustic guitars. Very expensive though.
    Fender makes the classic Strat, Tele, Precision and Jazz basses in the US, but also has a factory in Ensenada Mexico for more affordable ones.
    Rickenbacker makes their iconic basses and electric guitars in the USA
    Martin still makes super fine acoustic guitars here.
    Taylor makes fine acoustics in Cali.
    Yep - America makes great instruments. Got any extra cash lying around? You’re gonna need it

15. I did work in Corona, California, close by where Fender was, but Never looked for work there.
    Thanks to Modern Production computers, Today's CHEAP guitars would have cost Big $$$ back in the day.
    Now Days you can get Quality at a reasonable price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. My Cousins Mr. Potato "Firebird". He Travels and picks up Cool Instruments. This is From Korea. It Feels and Plays Solid! mpfirebird.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just picked up these acoustic guitars at a storage find. Most are in bad shape, I will salvage parts and try to give them life again. My Father Loved Guitars, wish he was still around to help with these. :)
    IMG_20190930_071117_878.jpg guitar.gif

• Like Like x 1
  18. The classical and the steel string on the right look nice.
    What are they?

19. Hey Now Player, I'm still tracking down info on these oldies. The Classical is a "Paracho" Mariachi Guitar , made in the Famous town of Paracho. The Steel string is from Korea( Franciscan) as is the Other Concert Guitar(Carlos) sitting between the little Parlor Guitars.

• Like Like x 1