Growing outdoors in WNY

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shattascam, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Holy shit, she/he's gettin big
    [​IMG]

2. Almost positive it's a girl now :D
    [​IMG]

3. Its def a female and about a foot tall now. Just bought some clone gel, root cubes and the 600W mars hydro so i'm gonna try and make a clone
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. looking good,shes growing great!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ya lol :p like a weed...one might say

im gonna name it Dr Evil and the clone Mini Me :D

mars hydro 600w covers 2x2 feet i guess so i should be good, maybeeeee i'll just leave them under the lights until june then put outside...or maybe i'll flower under light too since this one can be used for flower too. just depends on which will give greater yield in the end. for indoor flower with mars hydro etc im told the way you get it to flower is ONLY when you switch to 12-12...otherwise it'll keep on vegging..looking for confirmation on that, still learning my shit

6. yep, 12 /12 hrs for flower, and real sunshine is always best:) Im gonna teach my son how to do clones today, my mother plant is getting big. i plan on mainlining the girls so that adds about a month of veg time . im thinking mainlining is the way to go where i am because of the high humitidy . Alot less leaves and popcorn buds to catch the moisture,plus ,its low profile is easier to conceal and protect from animals.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ya...really just bought the mars hydro 600 to hold it over until june 1st after realizing putting it out in may is a bit risky cuz it might interrupt veg. My bet is that if i transfer them outside then, either put in like a couple big urns or in the ground, the real sunshine will let it veg bigger and taller than it would if i kept it indoors, thus more bud :) Plus then i dont have to do anything, it will flower on its own as per mother nature's timing

Doing my HW on cloning, some guy said i don't need a dome or a autocloner, i just need the rockwool cubes and clone gel and to put it under a damp clear plastic blag under lights. If i can figure that out my only other concern is how long it will take the clone to catch up to the mother, they'll flower at the same time when outside obviously, just the clone may or may not be a bit smaller

8. That one you got going now is gonna be big! Id look into defoliating practices:). That clone setup will work, a 2 liter plastic bottle,cut in half,upside down makes a sturdier,re usable cloner . cut bottle into 1/3 and 2/3 big, with the spout end being 1/3 big and using that end for the clone. The cap side goes down for drainage,the larger 2/3 side is adjustable for growth. As far as catching up, i dont think it will:(,but some is better than none!:)

9. Booyakasha, dis is me plant, issa well fat ganja plant innit? :toke:
    [​IMG]

10. Hopefully i'll have a clone soon if this roots!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. looks good, i was thinking kida like this[​IMG]
    The cap is left off for drainage and you can slide a cut bottom over top for a dome,bottom of bottle has more room , the cap side holds the root riot plugs i use nicely. I never did one like yours but it looks like itll work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ya lol, i just didnt have a 2 liter bottle, might either go buy one or steal one from someone's recycle bin, i like that design theres more room for the leaves but it should root within a few days i'm hoping so i don't gotta worry too much about that

• Like Like x 1
  13. As of today it's been vegging on 18/6 for a month. Should i defoliate now? One source i read said to wait until you're closer to flower and obviously i'm not near that yet. but i'm putting it under the mars hydro ts 600 today and anticipating having a clone growing beside it soon too, so removing some leaves could free up more room since i only have 2'x2' to work with.
    [​IMG]

14. Now is good, just not to much.
    If there's any doubt about removing a particular leaf, play it safe and leave it in place. Don't remove more than 10–15% of a single plant's foliage. If you're more experienced, however, we recommend defoliating from the bottom of your plant up to 3–4 nodes.
    Although some defoliate alot more, just fine, you should do only 10% and take mental notes on how things respond to defoliating.
    With the new light , might want to keep it higher up from plants.

15. Ya, I'm gonna keep the mars hydro at least 14" from it. One source I read said don't defoliate outdoor plants I wonder if that applies to this which I'm basically just vegging indoors until june 1 then put it outside letting nature take over, I got the mars hydro just to hold it over until june altho by then I may literally be out of space in here haha.

Something to do with sunlight penetrating the plant better than any manmade light will do so defoliation doesn't matter as much. Veg outdoor june 1st - flower in September so by then it might be huge tbh lol

Then theres the fact that im gonna be vegging a clone soon, tbh i'm gonna combine the mars hydro on top with all the other lights i got and just make a big ol light smorgasbord

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Got her under the mars hydro now :)
    [​IMG]

17. Don't want to burst your bubble but those have no indication of sex!! You plant is growing in a way that makes me think its a female though. Usually males grow very tall and lanky.. I will keep watching your doing a great job for sure man.

18. #58 shattascam, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    What about this? If you look near the base of the two branches coming off to either side you can see what looks to me like two juvenile pistils, then again i've heard early on males can resemble females so i'm not sure...crossing my fingers tho, i've put a shitload of work into this already haha

But ya, she seems to be thicc and shorter rather than tall and stringy. It might be bc prior to getting the MH the strongest light was actually coming from around the sides of the plant? Not sure. My prediction is if i veg it indoor until june then let it veg/flower from june through aug it might actually get bush or small tree size. It has a nice fatass trunk almost like a small sapling now. My goal was a 1 pound plant and i think those are around 5 feet tall. Also it is almost definitely indica

P.S. Opted not to defoliate because in a month it's going outside, did my reading and they say not to mess with pruning outdoor plants too much cuz they gotta stay robust. We get some crazy weather sometimes even during the summer her. Digging it up and putting in the ground is gonna be a bich tho....
    [​IMG]

19. It's now 16" tall. Wonder how big it'll be in another month on this setup, may 21st-june 1st is when im gonna put it outside :biggrin::weed:
    [​IMG]

20. Looking good.
    No sign of sex yet. And you won’t know until you flip to 12/12 or put them outside and wait. Either way 2 weeks from when you flip you will know. Most of the time the male will show sex in half the time of a female. How ever that’s not always the case. But you definitely don’t have anything to prove it yet.

Keep up what your doing, only suggestion I make is, and it is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. How ever if you plan and vegging another month, and don’t defoliate, your no getting any light into the inner of the plant.

What you said about the sun penetrating better then indoor lighting, of course. But even outside I twist, pin/tuck, remove, lst. Branches and other leaves to open up light to lower worth while branches and tops.

I can’t exactly see the structure to recommend what ones to remove. But it’s usually for me is the two top most full leaves. Some start to bend over the mains stem slowly using lst to promote lower branching. Some would say to top her now let the month use to build back two colas at the same time the lower nodes will throw branches to close to catch up with the main.

Your currently indoor and even this you’ve got sorta 180* coverage, letting it continue to pile on leaves and grow up will not give you the highest chance of yield.
    Another thing to worry about, is mold. If you let it stay one kola, and never thin it out or train it to open up. You may end up with an entire Kola of mold like I did over night.

Are you providing it any current airflow? An oscillating fan directed on and off it? Anything to help it’s self beef up and be ready for outdoor gusts.
    I’m near the coast in my location and get gale force gusts daily. Just some things to think about.

Yes it will grow you flower yes it looks good, but from my experience as soon as you put it out the plant will shoot branches anyways to flower.
    Just my .02

I’ve learned a lot from BnW. He’s mastered the veg indoor flower outdoor.
    I personally am working these early season to get cycles going. But like BnW I am able to get 4 maybe 5 harvest a year with the climate here. Shit last time a puddle froze here, the last Democrat President was in office.