Growing outdoors in WNY

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shattascam, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Time to repot i think

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Definitely, the leaves grew past cup sides, she's ready.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Think i should just transplant it now into a 5 gallon bucket and then i won;'t have to repot it again, even when it's time to put it outside? Yay or nay?

4. Yes, just put some holes in bottom of bucket for drainage. They just went legal in ny, I'm gonna do like you with the bucket, it's gonna be a good year!

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 shattascam, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    I just put it in a bucket and added a light, so now it's 6 lights total but it's gonna start getting bigger fast now. Kinda ghetto but luckily it doesnt have to look pretty it just has to work lol. Lost some of the rootage in transplanting it but hopefully it'll be OK i guess it takes up to a week to recover.

Also pretty sure it's a female, it's got some small filament type stuff growing out of the base of the branches

• Like Like x 1
  6. I hereby present the Ultra Setup. 2 tube CFL bulbs (with another shop light to come soon), 3 twisty CFL bulbs, 1 LED bulb, and an LED desk lamp for good measure. I swear this thing is growing so fast I can notice the changes in size throughout the day. Organic potting soil + rainwater = :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. It was way to early as you learned when you damaged it's roots.
    [​IMG]

I tend to let the root ball get a bit more developed before transplanting. Seed to 12 inches in a 3x3x3x inch. 5 weeks
    Transplant. Second stage is the 5x5x7 inch and that will take me to end of veg 5 more weeks. At that point she goes into the ground outside and flowers. 10 weeks under lights in veg and 10 weeks outside in flower.

Never a root disturbed and hardly a grain of soil lost at either transplant. Turn them upside down and the fall free of the pot.
    ( Solo cups are the worst thing to veg in. To tall and to narrow based.) IME

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. O well live and learn :toke:

This is 11 days after starting the 18/6 cycle, I moved it to the bucket 3 days ago. Growth has slowed down a bit but i'm pretty sure it's because it's recovering from the move and growing new roots. But it looks healthy still IMO. Where does it grow from here? Does it just get taller or does the stem continue to grow out the top?

I got a LOT of light on it....well, as much as I can get out of LEDs and CFL bulbs that is. It's going outside on May 1st, mostly because I can't afford the lighting setup to grow indoors once it gets real big.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. #30 shattascam, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Now this right here is a healthy looking cannabis plant if I've ever seen one. Probably helps that i'm using compost as fertilizer now on someone's recommendation :) 100% organic baybee! :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. #31 shattascam, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Approaching 3 weeks on 18/6. Running out of space in the bucket but it looks like it's getting taller now and trying to grow out of the bucket

[​IMG]

11. Looking good ! I'd make sure to get some air circulation at dirt level and maybe some nitrogen, looking a little pale? Could be my phone:)
    So what I'm gonna do is get my girl started inside and mainline them to beat the mold. The girls that are going in pots on my deck I'll bring in grow room and start flowering 2 weeks early, July 15th. Then back outside to finish aug 1rst when we got 12 / 12 daylite.
    I've started mainlining 1 durban poison inside, first time so its practice.:biggrin:
    KIMG3758.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. #33 shattascam, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Looks good, gonna go outdoor myself, i'm probably going to just start putting mine outside during the day and bringing it in during the night starting may 1st - mid may. By june 1st it's gonna be in the ground for sure. Pretty soon it's going to need more light for max growth than my setup can provide and I still don't know whether it's male or female so not gonna spend anything more on it haha. But by may it will def be used to veg cycle, idk what all the concern was earlier in the thread about putting it out in may but thats what imma do unless there's a real good reason not to.....if I wait until june i can definitely tell ya it will be behind in growth potential because none of these are high power lights, had some extra stuff left over from last summer's attempt and maybe spent another $60 on extra shit.

Re: nitrogen, i chucked in some compost and i've already seen it growing faster since

Here's a better pic, it's literally running out of horizontal room in the bucket unless it grows taller and the leaves can hang over. Got a nice thick stem now tho, it's gonna start looking like a tree soon

[​IMG]

13. idk what all the concern was earlier in the thread about putting it out in may but thats what imma do unless there's a real good reason not to.....

May. Sunlight hour are for flowering, June, july hours are for veg. Aug starts flower . I guess in may when you bring them inside, give some more hours of light so they don't try to flower , then in June full time outside in ground. If you change your veg,flower light times back n forth to much, they might hermie.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Werd, ya for that matter i just might keep inside until june 1 then and then just stick it in ground, less effort...just might have to grab one more light to hold it over until then, i just buy a clip on lite and use a cool white twisty CFL for side spots

15. I use mh and hps ,I had my first bulb explode yesterday, bulb was only 1 month old. KIMG3756.JPG

16. #37 shattascam, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Wow lol, yeah i haven't tried those. I would but it looks like they're pretty expensive since you also have to get a ballast setup plus a little dangerous ...obvious lol

Also gonna try to let it dry out, pull it up and add some dirt underneath so the leaves get out of the bucket

These are some of the lights i'm using in addition to a couple of shop lights which are hung above the plants (one CFL strip light and one LED strip light). Just several regular CFL bulbs and a couple LED floods. Somehow still feel like i need more light though if it's gonna be in here till June. I'd rather keep it in till june and not risk flowering if putting it out in may runs that risk, maybe i'll just scrounge up and get an HPS light to round out the lighting setup.

Also, if I want it to grow UP should most of the lights be directly ABOVE the plant? These are in like a 180+ degree array around the plant and I think that has what has resulted in it getting so damn broad that it's out of space in the bucket ...i thought the way photosynthesis worked, if it gets light in any direction it'll still get taller. But the leaves are hitting the sides now and i'm concerned if that'll fuck it up or something

My setup is super messy, i know lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Any tips on how to pull it up so i can add dirt underneath to give the leaves some more room? I don't know if this is a health risk for the plant by them being cramped in the bucket but they are, i think I might just let it dry out.
    Some of the leaves are also slightly curled at the edges,, maybe too much water or not enough?

Anyways it's really taking off, starting to get taller too, it's at least 3" above the top of the bucket now
    [​IMG]

18. Usually when looking down on a plant, if the leaves grow past the sides of the bucket it's time to pot up or transplant.
    Transplant when soil is slightly damp, I've only potted up to new bigger buckets , never back to same pot.
    Yes, lights above will make plant stretch upwards.
    Your grow room is very well hidden:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Werd lol, well i'm hoping if it keeps getting taller the leaves will actually just naturally be above the bucket eventually...i would much rather that than dig it out add dirt and put it back in again