Growing directly in the ground in a Greenhouse!

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by GreenhouseGrower5784, May 21, 2020.

1. I agree and those are massive greenhouses but that is for commercial purposes or whatever you guys use it for I'm giving advice for people who want their own personal space. One's growing personal cannabis.

2. I have heard about this on multiple occasions I really need to try it next time. Yours seem pretty simple. I did use the Green Cleaner it is a little expensive but it killed everything and I see no signs of mold!!

3. I don't have a bunch of money to throw down on a store built green house. So I'm using repurposed carport frames and rolls of 6mil plastic.
    I used to get about 2 years out of the plastic before the elements would trash it, but the last 2 times I got plastic it didn't even last a season. So I got corrugated composite patio roofing for the top.
    I live in a damp, drizzling fog most of the year. We do have some sunny weather, but even then the RH is high. We run dehumidifiers to deal with the mildew in the house.
    This was my original purpose for the green house in the first place. To at least keep the rain and drizzling fog of my plants. Bud mold is my #1 foe.
    I have seen temps in the green house reach 120*f inside on sunny days. If I open things up and run the fan it will linger around mid 80's to mid 90's. Most times on the sunny days the RH might get down to about 60-70%. At night the meter pegs at 100%. My green house shanty is nowhere near air tight, but running the dehumidifier at night will bring the RH down to 80%. So I know I'm getting at least a minimum 20% reduction in RH. Seems to be helping a lot. The green house footprint is 18'X14'. 6'@ the sides and 9'@ top center ridge.
    upload_2020-9-20_9-10-24.png

upload_2020-9-20_9-10-53.png

upload_2020-9-20_9-11-22.png

These pics are a week ago.
    CRW_0002.jpg CRW_0003.jpg CRW_0014.jpg

This was one of last years buds growing on a 9' plant..
    76756885_102943441173031_1747304064514785280_o.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. you can't believe all the horror stories they try telling. Yes a lot of it is trial and error and you will make some mistakes but it's a learning process. I hope you go for it and I would love to see some pictures someday. And yes we did GFI with a buried Powerline. We actually did it ourselves if you know anybody who knows how to do things like that it will keep it a lot cheaper

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. When you are growing 509 X 13 in a greenhouse you will change your mind lol. It's just more efficient and clones are great at skipping the whole seedling process. Whatever works for you though man it's your grow so your the boss. Like when I go to any other farm I am always respectful and just do what they ask. You quicly learn that people like their way but you can always learn a little information from everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That area reminds me of samoa out here across the bay where fox farms is. Hella misty and humid in the morning until like noon.

7. I grow personal as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do greenhouse clones stay short enough for a greenhouse? Are some short and some tall?

Fanman

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes you can even choose when to flower with light deprivation. Also with a proper scrog you will have an even canopy. Just have to keep tucking under trellis.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dude this is great! I have seen some homemade greenhouse 's but this one is a great idea. Yes I understand they are expensive and everything that goes with it. The carport metal frame is sturdy i bet?? I have a carport and it was so study we put walls on and made a garage. You will have to post updated pics of your harvest and as your plant progress!! Great work!!

11. If you have some time check out a great thread on here. These people are amazing!! They know so much about growing and doing it right. They have helped me along great. Even saved a plant or two that i wasn't growing right. Automatics make good Organic sinse

12. I am curious to the legality of your grow? I would love to grow some outdoor but as far as I knew that was still illegal in illinois?

13. He addressed it in the 2nd sentence of the first post :watching: ha
    " Here in Illinois it is now legal for medical patients to grow 5 plants at a time it is amazing"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I am a med patient. We are allowed to have five plants at a time growing. You can grow outside but it has to be concealed and not in the view of a public sidewalk. I say you have to keep some kind of padlock and I set up a full video audio security system. I live right in the middle of town and my neighbor's love getting free samples LOL I actually got robbed by a couple of kids four months back. I had to call the police and file a report. Cop told me it was his first legal marijuana theft. It got me thinking how stupid people really are. If you get caught growing recreationally in Illinois it's a 200 dollar fine per plant up to 5 plants. They don't arrest you anymore they just take your plants. The legislation can be a little confusing for Illinois but don't hesitate to ask me any questions since I have already been through the legal aspects of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey that looks great! I'm in upstate ny. I like the greenhouse as I've been thinking about doing for a while. The plant in the ground sounds sensible, have you looked into hugelkultar? I think that would work nice!
    How cold does it get in wintertime?
    What about snow?, I get alot of both.
    Do you think a gravity resovar would work in winter? Keep up the great work:thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dude, I love this. Way to take your situation and make the absolute best of it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Awesome i am also a med patient. Just was under the impression it had to be indoors. Thank you for the information, next year I will find a nice spot to have some outside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I hoping she is almost done!! I dont see amber but a lot of milky. Hopefully a week

Attached Files:

19. It looks very nice. I love harvest time! It seems to me they change daily this time of year. I am in Michigan and we have already had a good frost. Colors are changing bugs are mostly gone and my yard smells like a skunk. I have harvested some that matured early but a green house would give me another couple weeks to get that really ripe flower.

Fanman

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I tried the isopropyl trick for the mold. It was scary, but it worked. I added 1 teaspoon to my gallon sprayer with the usual Spinosad and BT. An hour later all the fan leaves were drooping sadly. In 2 days they were still droopy and losing color. But the buds seemed ok. Then the pistils turned brown and receded. But the buds still looked ok. In a week all the fan leaves were yellow, turning brown, but new growth was green and the buds were ok.
    Reading up (there's not a lot of info to be found) I learned that the alcohol cools the surface of the leaf, and use caution as some types of plants are more sensitive to temp changes than others. Maybe next time I'll try 1/2 a teaspoon first.
    This killed everything that wasn't weed. Stopped the mold in it's tracks. No insect problems for 3+ weeks. Full and mature harvest this year. I'm burned out as hell on trimming. (careful what you wish for)
    I think my problems are solved.
    Now if we can just get past these 30 degree overnights here at the beach I can start my winter crop.

Had to ask around borrowing jars this year. These little jars will make nice Christmas gifts.
    CRW_0005 (2).jpg

Just letting some pop corn dry out now.
    CRW_0016 (2).jpg

Attached Files: