Grow lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jon832, Apr 2, 2020.

1. I have a 48x24x60 tent I want to know if it will be a good idea to get a 1000w led grow light to maximize my lighting coverage and to have a very high yield..,? What your thoughts ???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Careful, lighting companies lie about power.
    A light maker's 1000 watts might be 100-200 true watts.
    If you post a link to the light you are considering, critiques can be made.

You need at least 200 true watts, and 240 would be better.
    If you can get a taller tent, you should.
    I rarely have any autos less than 4 ft tall, and when bucket height, light distances are considered you probably have room for 2 ft tall plants or less.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Check out horticulture lighting group. The QB288 stay away from Blurple LEDs I made that mistake. Now I'm having to spend more money to get the quality and quantity needed out of my lights. This is coming from someone with a 1000watt 125 actual watt Blurple LED. I bought the sunraise off Amazon I'd suggest also staying away from Amazon for lighting needs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So give me a light suggestion with the size tent I have

5. I’m thinking this light true watts 248w

• Like Like x 1
  6. Your lighting is the most important part of your grow. Do not skimp here. It’s an investment that will either have you spending more money if you cheap out, or growing quality medicine for years.

Here’s a few options for you.

Horticulture Lighting Group 320 Watt XL V2 RSpec Quantum Board DIY Kit (Full-Cycle)

Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL V2 RSpec Quantum Board DIY Kit (Full-Cycle)

Horticulture Lighting Group HLG ELITE 360 Eco

ISH 5R Horticultural light - Powered by Invisible Sun R Strip and Samsung LM301H

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Almost any light company is discreet.
    They understand.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok kool ima get the tsl 200 bro

9. FYI the Mars TSL2000 uses old tech SMD epistar diodes. About 20% less efficient than the lights with Samsung LM301h and b diodes. Try to find some real reviews, maybe ask around here. One things for sure, it’s better than blurple

10. I wouldn't say most important but definitely important. I like to think Ph is the most important part. Otherwise plant ain't taking up shit for the lights to even matter.

11. I don’t even ph anything. Living Organic Soil buffers itself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ah ok. I haven't gotten to that stage yet may not. I live next to fortuna where emerald triangle nutrients Humboldt countys own brand is. I hear its hella expensive everywhere else but very cheap here. When you add it is so refined all sea through with very little salts. Their killer tea is light tan rather than black and full of salts. Also holds record for largest grown pumpkin in Humboldt county.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The idea is VERY good, using high performance LEDs is a very efficient way to increase quality and yield in your growth. I would suggest you check out the iL8x. Its not 1000W but the watts are true. Its dimmable and adjustable, ive had it for a little more than one year and i absolutely love it.

14. #16 Hybridway, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    A 2x4" tent. I'd go x2 bars @ 240w with a dimmer.
    Or one 1' x 46" board with decent diode spread or diffused cover.